Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast
    Nice coverage, before we moved to Florida I boated for 30 years and we lived full time at LOTO for eight at the 23MM of the Osage and have gone to every Shootout there's been, anyway, people kept asking us isn't it going to be rougher in the ocean, apparently not everyone hasn't been on LOTO on a Saturday afternoon in the main channel in the Summer, the 3-4 rollers we have down here on occasion are nothing at all compared to the washtub of the LOTO, it's unbelievable and you wouldn't believe unless you're seen it or boated in it.
    This is a piece of cake boating in the Gulf.

Hotboat.com at the 2013 LOTO Shootout

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Nice coverage, before we moved to Florida I boated for 30 years and we lived full time at LOTO for eight at the 23MM of the Osage and have gone to every Shootout there's been, anyway, people kept asking us isn't it going to be rougher in the ocean, apparently not everyone hasn't been on LOTO on a Saturday afternoon in the main channel in the Summer, the 3-4 rollers we have down here on occasion are nothing at all compared to the washtub of the LOTO, it's unbelievable and you wouldn't believe unless you're seen it or boated in it.
    This is a piece of cake boating in the Gulf.
    Yea, I hear ya. Can get like that on Havasu also, although you have cabin cruisers and such at LOTO. "Confused water" is more difficult to run in compared to waves going the same direction.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Sweet pictures and coverage ! I read your article, but I wanted ask if you could enjoy spectating without a boat ?
    I enjoyed it, but I was dying to at the same time lol. All those beautiful boats and I was stuck high and dry. Before I tip over, I will run a boat on LOTO. Not sure how I'm gonna do it, but I will. I heard a couple stories of people from out of State who fly in, buy a boat, run the poker run, then sell the boat when they leave. How bad ass is that

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I enjoyed it, but I was dying to at the same time lol. All those beautiful boats and I was stuck high and dry. Before I tip over, I will run a boat on LOTO. Not sure how I'm gonna do it, but I will. I heard a couple stories of people from out of State who fly in, buy a boat, run the poker run, then sell the boat when they leave. How bad ass is that
    Stupid money problems ! that is awesome !!! I felt the same way when I went to key west last year....

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Yea, I hear ya. Can get like that on Havasu also, although you have cabin cruisers and such at LOTO. "Confused water" is more difficult to run in compared to waves going the same direction.
    The biggest cruiser on the lake just showed up a few weeks ago, a 68' Sunseeker Predator, here it is coming in, get behind this suckers wake and see what your boat will.
    Last edited by 314joey; 09-08-2013 at 01:36 PM.

The biggest cruiser on the lake just showed up a few weeks ago, a 68' Sunseeker Predator, get behind that wake and see what your boat will.
    Wow! Surfable I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Wow! Surfable I bet.

You wouldn't believe the size ot the wake this thing makes when she's plowing, surfing for sure, Cowabunga.

Truly a boat for those that can only afford to be a big fish on a little pond.

Those stupid big cruisers are meant for the ocean! But no, some azzhole has to bring one to LOTO and try to rip all the docks off the shore. Genius. Tiny wiener syndrome for sure!
    So many boats...so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerO View Post
    Truly a boat for those that can only afford to be a big fish on a little pond.

Those stupid big cruisers are meant for the ocean! But no, some azzhole has to bring one to LOTO and try to rip all the docks off the shore. Genius. Tiny wiener syndrome for sure!
    Lol...

The biggest cruiser on the lake just showed up a few weeks ago, a 68' Sunseeker Predator, here it is coming in, get behind this suckers wake and see what your boat will.
    Where in the world do they store something like that? Does the lake have docks that will hold something that big?

Talk about $$$