Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    Papaletch found this pic, had to share

Attachment 36327
    Damn, look at that dude!

Attachment 36327
    Wow! That's a fantastic picture! You should frame it!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Flatbottom Racer View Post
    I was watching you do this. Looked like you were having fun out there (Crazy Old Man!)
    I dont NO much.
    I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Favorite fortune cookie: Character is who you are when no one is watching.

Attachment 36327
    What a GREAT PIC!
    I dont NO much.
    I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Favorite fortune cookie: Character is who you are when no one is watching.

Name:  gottago.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  103.2 KB

Irvine Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by David 519 View Post
    We picked the Rambunctious after seeing early Gene Snow funny car pics (LONG before the revelations about his personal life were known). This boat was the first "Rambunctious". Yea I've run 519 since I started racing. My wife suggested the number when we first started racing. Like a dumbass, I asked her what the significance of that number was. She immediately started clouding up and I knew I stepped in it hard.... took a second until I realized our wedding anniversary is May 19th... What's worse is I started racing the same year we got married; 1984... doh!!! Been 30 years of her riding shotgun with me
    Great Story - Loved Gene Snow!!! was the greatest of the old time funny car drivers, I wondered if there was anything connected to that... and even better is the anniversary date/number.... lol bet you never forget anymore!
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  84.5 KB

Hello all, new to this forum but not new to dragboats. My dad raced flats from the late 60's to the 80's here in the mid west and then I ran the Hondo GT pictured above through the 90's. Sold the boat in 2000 and never thought I'd see it again, it sat in a barn for 13 years collecting dust till the guy who bought it from me called and asked if I wanted it back. She's going through a partial restoration to start her new life as a lake rod / part time bracket racer for fun. - Tim

Quote Originally Posted by OhHondoGT View Post
    Name:  006.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  84.5 KB

Hello all, new to this forum but not new to dragboats. My dad raced flats from the late 60's to the 80's here in the mid west and then I ran the Hondo GT pictured above through the 90's. Sold the boat in 2000 and never thought I'd see it again, it sat in a barn for 13 years collecting dust till the guy who bought it from me called and asked if I wanted it back. She's going through a partial restoration to start her new life as a lake rod / part time bracket racer for fun. - Tim
    Welcome to the site and great story! Post up a resto thread (if you're inclined) many of us would enjoy that! What are your engine and paint plans? What part of the Midwest are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Welcome to the site and great story! Post up a resto thread (if you're inclined) many of us would enjoy that! What are your engine and paint plans? What part of the Midwest are you from?
    Thanks SS, we are from Toledo Ohio and through the years have raced in the NDBA (Eastern Division), ADBA (when it was based here in Ohio), and SLDBA (St. Louis Drag Boat Association). In the pic above we were running an injected 468 Chevy that went a best of 9.29 @ 117, this time around it's getting a 525 pump gas Ford ( yea I know, a Ford?) so that it's easier to run at the lake and will hopefully be capable of 10's at the strip. I will definitely post a build thread, here's one pic of the floors while grinding all of the old glass out - really crappy job!
    Name:  Boat Floor1.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  145.1 KB