Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    I have been plenty fast in ski race boats, but they are usually not flat on the bottom,, with a snarling engine sitting right in front of you!

I've been riding and driving fast boats(oh yeah, skied behind a few too) for over 40 years,, I know this would be a different deal! Only wore earplugs in a few loud, blown ski race boats,, got to bet you need them in a cracker with the headers in front of you!
    I know I should be wearing earplugs, but I don't. Its not that bad with a full face helmet. I guess when the adrenaline is pumping, it cancells the sound out.

Re: Brand New P550 Crackerbox

Made the drysump bracket last weekend. I gotta take pics of the rest of the shit we got done to her. Also found a spot in gardena that will strip and powder coat the whole trailer for $400. My jaw dropped when he gave me that price

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rivergames View Post
    I'm game. I'll let you know when we test. Word on the street, is that we might have a makeshift cracker race at the river to test the boats before Our race in Irvine. Throw out 2 turn bouyies and have some fun
    Might want to get the official "testing" permit so you don't get busted for noise or something.

I'm game. I'll let you know when we test. Word on the street, is that we might have a makeshift cracker race at the river to test the boats before Our race in Irvine. Throw out 2 turn bouyies and have some fun
    Sounds good! Please keep me in the loop I'm down for both events, love these boats! I imagine the ride being similar to my days in a Lothringer 12 car.

400$ for all of that, sounds like a steal to me.

Might want to get the official "testing" permit so you don't get busted for noise or something.
    Not gonna be in Parker due to noise nazi's

Quote Originally Posted by Gothalos View Post
    Sounds good! Please keep me in the loop I'm down for both events, love these boats! I imagine the ride being similar to my days in a Lothringer 12 car.

400$ for all of that, sounds like a steal to me.
    Will do

Not gonna be in Parker due to noise nazi's
    As far as I know, you can still get a testing permit to allow you to test a race boat there. Heck, I got a noise ticket 20 years ago with my blown Schiada the day before a ski race while I was warming up my engine,, I think I was still under 3000 RPM when he stopped me. Told him I had mufflers at the trailer but we were racing the next day. He said I could go get the mufflers after he wrote me a ticket, but in future I could get a testing permit. Nice guy!

As far as I know, you can still get a testing permit to allow you to test a race boat there. Heck, I got a noise ticket 20 years ago with my blown Schiada the day before a ski race while I was warming up my engine,, I think I was still under 3000 RPM when he stopped me. Told him I had mufflers at the trailer but we were racing the next day. He said I could go get the mufflers after he wrote me a ticket, but in future I could get a testing permit. Nice guy!
    I don't think their test permits would allow 4 crackerboxs throwin a few bouys (pretty much empty water bottles tied with string tied to a rock) out in the water and havin at it

You are more than welcome to come out to Irvine when we test in March or Arpil. They are a blast to drive. I hate riding though!

I wouldn't mind knowing when this takes place so I could come down and check it out. Irvine lake is just down the road from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by kevnmcd View Post
    I wouldn't mind knowing when this takes place so I could come down and check it out. Irvine lake is just down the road from my house.
    May 3-5th. You gonna race her???