Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    WMC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Good point, however, most of what we post here is also posted on FB and IG. So its not completely on lock down. I'm not sure which way would better to entice people to sign up. If you can see everything without signing up, there is no motivation to do so.

As far as what are we trying to accomplish, this kind of goes with our unpublished mission statement, and that is to be the preeminent boating site on the net. Big shoes to fill I know, but why not shoot for the stars. If we hit the moon that wouldnt be so bad.

I appreciate your comments.
    Where's the like button:encouragement:

Wendi

Hotboat.com wants your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWorks View Post
    Logging in to see the photos sucks. Your not going to attract lurkers to post with the settings on lockdown. The real question is what are you hoping to accomplish with the site? what is your mission statement? Once you clearly define that for yourselves you will have direction and can then create action.
    If you read our Facebook and followed us there and here for that matter you would know what we are going to accomplish and what our mission statement is. I think we are creating action and feel like everyone here feels the same way.

The site is great. I think you would increase activity if the New Post page was always a full page of the latest posts, and threads didn't fall off after a set amount of time (or however it works now). Is it possible to change the settings so when you click on the "New Posts" page, you always have a full page of the latest posts? Sometimes when you click on "New Posts" there are only a limited number of threads showing (I won't throw out any example numbers. LOL). I have seen this happen when I have recently posted in a thread and come back an hour or so later and it is off the "New Post" page (like it has timed out for being considered New).

Not a complaint, just a suggestion!!

Kind of hard to be impartial as far as ease of use goes because I do 90% of my surfing/posting from the phone so as long as tapatalk works I'm happy.

Good point, however, most of what we post here is also posted on FB and IG. So its not completely on lock down. I'm not sure which way would better to entice people to sign up. If you can see everything without signing up, there is no motivation to do so.

As far as what are we trying to accomplish, this kind of goes with our unpublished mission statement, and that is to be the preeminent boating site on the net. Big shoes to fill I know, but why not shoot for the stars. If we hit the moon that wouldnt be so bad.

I appreciate your comments.
    As far as the lockdown on the photo content, don’t take this the wrong way, but how’s that working out for you? I’m not sure what IG is and I don’t see to much of your stuff come across on FB let alone any user created content so both of those are pretty much mute points. When I come in here to look around and have to log in to see images, I don’t bother (maybe that’s just me and my web habits). Your also losing any possible google image based searches or other potential search engine generated traffic for that matter. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but your logic is flawed on this one.

Now the mission statement of being the "preeminent boating site on the net" that’s a pretty broad-brush stroke dontcha think? That’s like asking me my career goals and getting the reply of I want to be rich beyond my wildest dreams. Hey that’s a great goal but what exactly am I going to do to deserve that reward/achieve that goal? That’s the question you need to ask yourselves here. What is going to take this to the next level? What will differentiate this site from any other? What can we do to be great? Fuck all that though the real question is how can you create value for your advertisers and earn their dollars while building and maintaining a community of people willing to spend money with your advertisers and provide us with exponential content to fill the gaps?

Or is this just one of those hobby sites?

Wendi your FB stuff is awsome......

As far as the lockdown on the photo content, don’t take this the wrong way, but how’s that working out for you? I’m not sure what IG is and I don’t see to much of your stuff come across on FB let alone any user created content so both of those are pretty much mute points. When I come in here to look around and have to log in to see images, I don’t bother (maybe that’s just me and my web habits). Your also losing any possible google image based searches or other potential search engine generated traffic for that matter. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but your logic is flawed on this one.

Now the mission statement of being the "preeminent boating site on the net" that’s a pretty broad-brush stroke dontcha think? That’s like asking me my career goals and getting the reply of I want to be rich beyond my wildest dreams. Hey that’s a great goal but what exactly am I going to do to deserve that reward/achieve that goal? That’s the question you need to ask yourselves here. What is going to take this to the next level? What will differentiate this site from any other? What can we do to be great? Fuck all that though the real question is how can you create value for your advertisers and earn their dollars while building and maintaining a community of people willing to spend money with your advertisers and provide us with exponential content to fill the gaps?

Or is this just one of those hobby sites?
    I'm not gonna take the bait WW. I know why you're here. If your comments are genuine, and you really want to help, you have my number and you know where my office is. But I seriously doubt my phone will ring.

Have a nice evening.

HB

WMC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Wendi your FB stuff is awsome......
    Thanks Mitch. We're trying

I'm not gonna take the bait WW. I know why you're here. If your comments are genuine, and you really want to help, you have my number and you know where my office is. But I seriously doubt my phone will ring.

Have a nice evening.

HB
    Seriously? You asked for feedback and I shot you some from straight from the hip, simple as that. I'm not baiting you here, if you would rather I tell you my honest opinions via PM I get it, Mr Johnson prefers his doses of reality from me in private also LOL

Seriously? You asked for feedback and I shot you some from straight from the hip, simple as that. I'm not baiting you here, if you would rather I tell you my honest opinions via PM I get it, Mr Johnson prefers his doses of reality from me in private also LOL
    You're a smart guy. Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit but I don't think I'm that far behind you in the wits department.

I know why you're here. And I'm not biting.

I will say this, I don't think I asked for the meaning of life. More body and fender stuff.

Have a good night.

HB