Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Lol, I just solved a mystery. I can't open this thread on my work PC. Anyone take a guess why?

CH3NO2

FUCKERis in the title

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    FUCKERis in the title
    Winner!!

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Winner!!

CH3NO2
    Cool, what do I win?

Ugh. So here is what we can best figure out about what happened last night. I first let me say this, all of this happened LIGHTNING fast, and on top of that, we live in a gated community with a security guard patrolling in a car.
    So here is what happened. Chrissie went to Church last night, and returns to the house around 8:45 or so. She drives up to the gate, and notices two things. First there are two vehicles at the gate, one actually at the gate, a truck. The other at the callbox, a white Toyota van. As she gets there, she hits the button, gate opens. But as she hits the button, the mini van goes to start doing a u turn to leave. She pulls past the van, which then backs up, and get behind her coming through the gate. They get behind her and follow her. She goes right to the house, the garage door opens and she drives in and puts it down behind her, then enters the house. She comes upstairs, where I am sitting, and we start talking when we both hear noises downstairs in the front of the house. I get up and head down to see what is going on. As I come down the stairs, I hear the front door getting pushed at. someone is trying to find a way into the home. I turn on the front porch light and see a guy run for a white mini van parked in front of the house, and take off out the door to go after him, see if I can get a plate. They take off for the gate and I dial 911. From there two sheriffs show up, along with a CHP neighbor of ours, as well as a few neighbors. The security guard saw nothing, but did say no white mini van passed him going out the gate. Do they live in here?? Maybe.
    I get reports of home invasion robberies going on around here (Waterford) in broad daylight last week, which has me wondering, why were they here? What were they after at 9pm at night? It might be a home invasion that got botched, but I have a feeling it was something much worse. I think he/they were after Chrissie. The guy is leaving to go somewhere else, he sees a pretty blonde girl in his rear view mirror, and changes his mind, decides to enter the gate behind her. He follows her, sees where she lives, sees the house is dark. I was upstairs watching TV, the house was blacked out. Looks like she is home alone. She isn't, but he can not see that. So he decides a little fun and games at her expense is in order. I truly believe that if I had not made my presence know, and he had gotten in, Chrissie may not be here with us this morning. I thank God I was here to run him off, but make no mistake, I made a LOT of mistakes, and we are lucky we are ok. I have never considered this house from a tactical point of view, but I sat up all night thinking about it. In my own defense, I can offer this. I never considered the idea that someone who meant to do us harm was outside the door. that will not happen again. I intend to arm the house, but in a way that makes sense, so we have access to protection whether we are upstairs or downstairs. Tactically, this house is a nightmare. There are only two ways to defend it, and both are short term, in the face of someone motivated. No matter what I do in here, I need the cavalry to get here fast.

So what did I do wrong? First, I ran down the stairs. Not good. And I did it without and protection, I should have called 911 right there and stayed upstairs to protect Chris. But I did not know for about a minute what I was dealing with.

Second, I did so unarmed with any kind of a weapon, either upstairs or downstairs. So had someone gotten in, and he was armed, I would have lost. I would not have had a chance. And Chrissie...well....

Third, I ran out the door like a fool. I did what they wanted, I opened the door, and took the bait. Had there been more than one, hiding in the front of the house, he could have run in and locked me out of my own house. While he was locked inside with my wife. I got lucky. VERY lucky last night. When you don't know what's out side the house, don't go out looking. Let the cops do it. Your job is to stay inside and protect your wife. Not run out the door like an idiot.

I will not let that happen again. I have never had any problem or issue with anything like this in nearly 10 years of living here, so by the time I had realized what I was dealing with, I was up to my neck in it.

Pepper spray works good, but not in close quarters. It is an outdoor item that you need to be able to get up wind of. In a house that does not happen. You take yourself out along whoever you shot the stuff at.
    Upstairs in this house, the only place to make a stand is at the top of the stairs, with a pistol. For range. So I will buy a .45 from my dad, he has a good one. I'm a one and done guy, no second chances when you play chink chink in this house. Also, 10-20 preloaded clips....plus a shotgun upstairs, for a fall back.
    Downstairs in this house is a tactical nightmare. Lots of places to hide, lots of corners, plus a center island within the downstairs that you can literally walk around, meaning a brutal firefight. So a shotgun, 20 gauge, pump action. I want to be able to chamber a round loud enough to make them think twice about coming through the door....if they still want to come in, that's on them. I'll post up some pics later so you can get some idea of what I am talking about. Also going to set up a safe room for Chrissie to get into and call 911. In that room she will take the 45 with her. it will also have a cell phone on 24 hour charge so she can dial 911.

Am I crazy? Over reacting...I don't know. I know this. I don't care about houses, boats, anything in this world except Chrissie. She is the very air I breathe. I look at this as a wake up call. I hope to never have to use any of this stuff, but I never want to feel that naked again as I did last night. Thanks for all the kind words, we are fine, but our eyes are open now.
    Last edited by Tishimself; 10-11-2013 at 10:11 AM.

You two must have been terrified!
    So glad neither of you were touched.
    Thanks for coming back on and putting the entire ordeal up, it's scary but the rest of us can learn from it!

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Overreacting? No, I think you are really unprepared now and all at once are tryin to be prepared like you should have been for years. I have an alarm, two dogs, then have multiple guns placed strategically through the house so no matter what door I come through or which floor I'm on I have one near by in case of an emergency. The only thing I would like to get that I have not is a surveillance system around the house but all the systems I see are self install (want it done professionally). Oh and forgot 2 cats lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'll pick some up...where do you buy it?

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Google Fox Labs, you want something with a high SHO number. The SHO is basically the heat intensity (pain) that the perpetrator will experience. The crap you buy at Walmart etc is right around 2-3 Million which is actually pretty low. The Fox Labs is 5.1 million.

I have a Cane Corso as an alarm system that will buy me enough time to arm myself for WW3.

To the OP, I'm really sorry this happened to you but curious, how long once you called 911 did it take for the first responder to show up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

Quote Originally Posted by hpboats83 View Post
    Google Fox Labs, you want something with a high SHO number. The SHO is basically the heat intensity (pain) that the perpetrator will experience. The crap you buy at Walmart etc is right around 2-3 Million which is actually pretty low. The Fox Labs is 5.1 million.

I have a Cane Corso as an alarm system that will buy me enough time to arm myself for WW3.

To the OP, I'm really sorry this happened to you but curious, how long once you called 911 did it take for the first responder to show up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free
    Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Banned
    Brett you need some Back Up?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Party Bus View Post
    Brett you need some Back Up?
    Is the revolver with vent rib a Python?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2