Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unforgiven
    Speaking of hambugers, how many of you have been to an njba race and had one of rex childers burgers?? Outstanding..(when your hungover)

Back to the MEAT of this thread....

The best burger around BY FAR - Helvetia Tavern Cheeseburger

Set in a bucolic landscape with rolling hills and babbling brooks across a winding road from a donkey farm, Helvetia Tavern is two miles north of U.S. 26 in Hillsboro, Oregon. -- but feels like it could be a thousand miles away.

That cheeseburger is about as close to burger perfection as you can find: a soft sesame-seed bun, a thin burger patty with light char and a hint of pink inside (harder than it looks with thinner patties), melted American cheese, thinly sliced tomato, onions, shredded iceberg, tangy mayo and plenty of sliced pickles on the side.

A tavern has stood in this red building since at least 1946. The current owner, Mike Lampros, bought it from his parents, Nick and Mary, a few years ago. The trucker hats famously pinned to the tavern's ceiling aren't going anywhere.

Last edited by ptc; 03-03-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    Speaking of hambugers, how many of you have been to an njba race and had one of rex childers burgers?? Outstanding..(when your hungover)
    Haven't had one of those...but I've had a couple of Bomb burritos from the C store at 3:00 am, after drinking all night. I thought it was a Filet Mignon.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    You forgot to mention if you like hamburgers.

CH3NO2
    Smash burger for a close second, my homemade elk burgers for the win.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by 460 View Post
    homemade elk burgers for the win.
    ... Damn I hope we get drawn this year, my freezer is empty.

admin2
    My favorite burger is the SteakBurger with cheese along with Garlic fries and a chocolate shake at Kirk' Steakburger in Campbell.

My favorite Burger really depends on the day and my mood.

For an everyday burger I like Whataburger if I am in Texas or the South. In AZ not so much. I think Houstons has one of the best burgers.

As for the Grads part of the Burger question. How can anyone be surprised. Grads is Grads. Honestly HB mods gave the guy so much leeway he was screaming to be disciplined. He got what he wanted.

Very much the same think with Thimself or whatever BnB name was.

I will say this about Admins. If an admin wants to remain anonymous and I can see many good reasons for doing so, then they they should not have opinions. No one should know anything about them. Now if you want us to know about you i.e. what burger you like than you should be know.

Just my opinion.

JBS

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by admin2 View Post
    My favorite burger is the SteakBurger with cheese along with Garlic fries and a chocolate shake at Kirk' Steakburger in Campbell.
    Nice signature …and I also love a good Kobe Beef Burger with a very, very thin bun.

Quote Originally Posted by JBS View Post
    My favorite Burger really depends on the day and my mood.

For an everyday burger I like Whataburger if I am in Texas or the South. In AZ not so much. I think Houstons has one of the best burgers.

As for the Grads part of the Burger question. How can anyone be surprised. Grads is Grads. Honestly HB mods gave the guy so much leeway he was screaming to be disciplined. He got what he wanted.

Very much the same think with Thimself or whatever BnB name was.

I will say this about Admins. If an admin wants to remain anonymous and I can see many good reasons for doing so, then they they should not have opinions. No one should know anything about them. Now if you want us to know about you i.e. what burger you like than you should be know.

Just my opinion.

JBS

Jeff
    PS, It's "known"

My favorite burger is a "Double, Double.......Animal Style"