Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Damn...

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    that must have been nice. SLO only 10 miles away. you would have gone down to shell beach if you wanted to surf. (bigger waves anyway)

the link below will give you a 30 second view of your home town. (you have to watch an ad before)

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...lifornia_5064/
    I surfed that whole area from 65 to about 71 or so..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    I surfed that whole area from 65 to about 71 or so..
    didn't really surf that area, but in passing threw seem to remember pismo beach surf shop was only one in the area. think they made there own boards. more shops now.

http://www.pismobeachsurfmuseum.com/
    Last edited by El Toro; 07-25-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    questions to take you guys down a rabbit trail, don't the solvents eat the styrofoam up when they start to glass over the styrofoam core of a surf board??? I know that styrofoam is pretty fragile when it comes to solvents...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

without going to far down that rabbit hole its the "type" of polyurethane foam & resin thats used, if you have 5 minutes watch this youtube.

Last edited by El Toro; 07-25-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Thank U El Toro
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    didn't really surf that area, but in passing threw seem to remember pismo beach surf shop was only one in the area. think they made there own boards. more shops now.

http://www.pismobeachsurfmuseum.com/
    we were making custom boards in avila...we cut down bigger boards, re shaped them and re glass'd them...

It was pretty cool to see that video from ElToro, I have seen bits and pieces of it before... Its amazing to me how easy that a pro can make the glass/resin work look...

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    we were making custom boards in avila...we cut down bigger boards, re shaped them and re glass'd them...
    yep, remember when that was happening. right around '68-'69 popular thing to do. now all those old longboards (even popouts) are valuable to collectors. I didn't keep any old boards since I would trade them in for the "latest" model. when all the "cool" kids started surfing on 5 ft. fish style surfboards, I didn't adapt well & started waterskiing instead.