Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    I've got a question..

The tags for this thread are: canned ham sucks, gn7 is rude, hotboat rules, rd sux, we get letters, whiny old people

What are these "tags"? What is their purpose?
    Yikes. I fixed it.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Yikes. I fixed it.
    What are they?

What are they?
    Tags. Every thread can have them. They're used to search and other things. If they get out of control they can be turned off. I didn't even see those LOL

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Tags. Every thread can have them. They're used to search and other things. If they get out of control they can be turned off. I didn't even see those LOL
    Are they for smart phones, Is it a tapatalk thing? Who puts them there?

WESTERNAERO
    On the props making video, that form of casting is called investment or wax investment casting, in case someone was curious. It's a much more precise way of casting as opposed to sand casting.

Are they for smart phones, Is it a tapatalk thing? Who puts them there?
    I don't think you can tag from your phone using tapatalk. Anyone can tag via their browser. It should be at the bottom of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace Marine View Post
    I would add to this and say do all your initial testing with stock props. Only then can you go to a prop shop with enough info to have your prop tuned. One guys bad ass lab'd prop may be horrible on your boat. I had a lab 32 on my boat when I first put it together. It handled like crap. It would lift the right sponson then the left then it would drop. Like a weird twisting porpoise. I tried trim, more throttle, less throttle didn't matter. Put a stock 32 on and the boat ran straight as an arrow. It isn't always this way but stock props are at least somewhat consistent. You can take your results to a prop guy and he can set you up with the perfect prop. Hope this made a little sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for explaining even deeper, my boat exhibits that "roping" effect too. It's not very much, but the left sponson picks up slightly and sets down on the right, I have to steer with a slight left "English". I always thought it was bc of old technology boat or bc of the way I spin the props. Admittedly, I need to record these differences from one set of props to another when testing.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

WESTERNAERO
    Another question...

Is this place ever going to have an "ENGINE" area?

And why is the jet area called "JUST JETS"? Why not "JETS"? There are shit piles of jet boats out there and I'm sure there would shit piles of discussions going on in there if it was named differently. Seems like one more little thing that might give them a complex, seeings how they're always getting beat up on...

Another question...

Is this place ever going to have an "ENGINE" area?

And why is the jet area called "JUST JETS"? Why not "JETS"? There are shit piles of jet boats out there and I'm sure there would shit piles of discussions going on in there if it was named differently. Seems like one more little thing that might give them a complex, seeings how they're always getting beat up on...
    You had to use the words "shit piles" didn't you.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace Marine View Post
    You had to use the words "shit piles" didn't you.

Just for you, future jet boat owner...