Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Jet Boaters are gonna be pissed.....
    That went over my head, can you explain?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Jet Boaters are gonna be pissed.....
    You mean Roll Boaters?

Cvs is saying this is a 2 billion dollar a year decision. I doubt investors are gonna let this happen for long

Quote Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Cvs is saying this is a 2 billion dollar a year decision. I doubt investors are gonna let this happen for long
    To to the top line. I'm betting very little of that $2Billion makes it to the bottom. As stated, high gross, low margin product. There's a lot of capital used in selling tobacco. There are no terms to the state. For the wholesalers with a stamp, the minute you stamp it, the taxes are owed. It's a crazy business.

I could care less. We have a decade war going, massive debt, the government spying on us and far more important issues to waste time and energy worrying about what CVS is doing. We may as well be talking about that Fast and the Furious actor that died or what my dog had for dinner two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Cigarrettes are a high gross, low margin product. It gets people in the door for higher margin products but they themselves don't add much to the bottom line.
    Yep!

The Quick Stop by my house has the lowest cigarette prices I've seen in a while for CA at $5.25 a pack. I usually buy them there as it's a skateboard ride away. Then again I smoke about two packs a month so the prices don't really concern me.

If you want to save money on smokes, buy them at the river from the Native American gas stations.

Wendi
    I'm so glad I'm not a smoker!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not a smoker!
    I haven't bought a pack in weeks. However, I've bummed a few here and there in a stressed out moment or after a good heavy meal. The price alone now a days is enough to quit. It's ridiculous. I have been trying to get the wife to stop but she's weak and full of excuses. The only time I fall off the non smoking Wagon is when I'm drinking. I'm Soooo not gonna quit drinking!

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I haven't bought a pack in weeks. However, I've bummed a few here and there in a stressed out moment or after a good heavy meal. The price alone now a days is enough to quit. It's ridiculous. I have been trying to get the wife to stop but she's weak and full of excuses. The only time I fall off the non smoking Wagon is when I'm drinking. I'm Soooo not gonna quit drinking!
    Drinker Smoker that is what you are. And so is WMC... I'm doing another 30 days oh yeah!

Come April you'll be back to being a drinker. Lol.

sent from the poor house

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    I'm doing another 30 days oh yeah!
    You're making the rest of us look like alcoholics. :(

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2