Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I found a notice under my front door mat (that I've used twice in ten years) collecting dog tag fees. The notice said to put the check where the notice was found. That check and envelope was under that door mat for about 2 years until I threw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    This is the luxury tax you're talking about? From a county assessor you do not live in?
    :confused::confused:
    That makes no sense.:o

From my POS T-mobile thingie
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    I agree. I'd tell SB to take a flying fuck.
    I guess that answers my original question. Not trying to dodge the tax....I know its coming. But getting it from a county that I have nothing to do with seems like someone is reaching.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    I guess that answers my original question. Not trying to dodge the tax....I know its coming. But getting it from a county that I have nothing to do with seems like someone is reaching.

47 million people sitting on their asses collecting welfare. States and counties are all trying to get the money anywhere and everywhere they can. Those 47 million sure as fuck aren't paying any taxes. And I imagine SB county has their fair share of the dead beat POS.

47 million people sitting on their asses collecting welfare. States and counties are all trying to get the money anywhere and everywhere they can. Those 47 million sure as fuck aren't paying any taxes. And I imagine SB county has their fair share of the dead beat POS.
    Well they had the worst real estate market in the USA from 2008-2011. Many of there politicians got busted for fraud and they're bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    Can't register the cars out of state and have fastrack so that idea is out...I can't live without the toll road. Now the dog registration thing has my pissed because I got a visit a few months ago since they came looking for previous tenant who hasn't lived there for 4 years. His dog died 3 years ago. They tried mailing me a bill plus late charges for $400. Since my wifes first and last name is incorrect I'm not sure who they intended would get that letter. Based on history, I got another 4 years till they come back...I'll be long gone.

Cali is 1% of value plus some random odds and ends (I actually would like to know what the registration fees are going to be...still haven't received my DMV love letter). I got my truck registration (due today...LOL) and my DL renewal....no boat registration. I need to figure something out soon.
    All three of my AZ registered cars have Fastrack transponders and I use them when I travel back and forth......this is NOT a show stopper at all. I even manage them on the website and it will ask you which state the vehicle is registered in when you add or delete a car......think about it all the military personnel are not required to register their cars in CA so they have to do this.......the biggest issue is if you get pulled over and have a CA drivers license with a AZ registered vehicle or vice-versa. It;s not illegal by any means but it get the cop asking a lot of questions and he may give you a ticket for of all things tax evasion and you're pretty much guilty until proven innocent.....not fun.

It's the same thing with your boat.....if you register in AZ as a resident and when pulled over as asked for ID you have all the same questions going on as has been documented by LEO personnel on many boating websites......again it is technically legal if you truly do reside in AZ but who needs someone writing you a ticket and then having to provide tax returns to prove residence....for some people it just not worth the risk.

I did the same thing. Got a new car....went on the website and it asked for state. 3 months later I got pulled over by a chippy on the 241. Cited me an actual violation #. I checked with the toll roads and sure as shit the code is there clear as day The chippy that got me said az plates were a problem because of no front plate...I mean....a Chevy truck is a rocket ship and nothing vertical on the front of the vehicle to reflect radar. This state is fucked.

Weird....when I got notice in the mail of a violation after changing to AZ from CA plates I called them on the phone and they changed it to AZ for me right there on the phone as well as waiving the violation.....at least I got that going for me if I get pulled over

California resident. Boat is stored and insured in Az, but registered in Ca. Back in 2009, I submitted all paperwork (proof of Az insurance, Az storage contact and invoice to show current) to San Diego county and got a letter back stating I was exempt from the SD tax. I have had no issues registering boat in Ca since that date and no tax invoices either.

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    California resident. Boat is stored and insured in Az, but registered in Ca. Back in 2009, I submitted all paperwork (proof of Az insurance, Az storage contact and invoice to show current) to San Diego county and got a letter back stating I was exempt from the SD tax. I have had no issues registering boat in Ca since that date and no tax invoices either.
    That's because its paid in your CA registration. No different than a car.
    But if you live in Cal, and make your income in Cal, they don't give a shit where the boat is registered, or stored, or used. You owe the tax.

That's because its paid in your CA registration. No different than a car.
    But if you live in Cal, and make your income in Cal, they don't give a shit where the boat is registered, or stored, or used. You owe the tax.
    Right....but taxes to what county? Any county in the state is allowed to pool for taxes?