Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    WOTM - what is the cost if you factor in my 496HO on trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    this i'd like to know also...

everyone quoted me way north of 50k...

the other way was with a 525 package... still north of 50k

Press release and specs on the 520 are here: http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthrea...-Press-Release

I was gonna go with the 565, thought it was a little too much for the deck boat,, the one they were doing had the 600

Mercury Racing has thought it was leaving some $$$ on the table because of the significant retail price gap between the 8.2L HO and the Merc Racing 525EFI. The 520 is supposed to cut about $10,000 off the price of a 525EFI and be about the same horsepower. Since it comes out of the "Racing" department, it doesn't have to have catalytic converters like the 8.2 HO to be EPA and CARB compliant. The 520 also has cast iron exhaust manifolds and risers instead of the very costly CMI stainless headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    Mercury Racing has thought it was leaving some $$$ on the table because of the significant retail price gap between the 8.2L HO and the Merc Racing 525EFI. The 520 is supposed to cut about $10,000 off the price of a 525EFI and be about the same horsepower. Since it comes out of the "Racing" department, it doesn't have to have catalytic converters like the 8.2 HO to be EPA and CARB compliant. The 520 also has cast iron exhaust manifolds and risers instead of the very costly CMI stainless headers.
    so how much are they?

Mercury introduces the 520?!

Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    Good explanation!
    CH3NO2

how much...