Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4k

Quote Originally Posted by rivermobster View Post
    How much are those things anyway??

Tapatalk 4.0
    The GoPros or the TV's?

GoPros are what they are. TV's are about 5k for 4k

Isn't 4k already on the Hero 3 Black? I think it's a slower frame rate though, 15f/s or something like that.

Dictated to TapaTalk by Siri

Quote Originally Posted by Pressed Ham View Post
    Isn't 4k already on the Hero 3 Black? I think it's a slower frame rate though, 15f/s or something like that.

Dictated to TapaTalk by Siri
    Yes 4k is 15fps for NTSC
    2.7k is 30 fps

However, RED1 cameras have been used by studios and a few TV shows. They shoot in 4k but at a much higher frame rate.

I believe the gaming world will be the first to harness the ability of 4k and the rest will following as far as output....the new PS4 is set to have 4k support along with the new Xbox. Probably why sony is one of the first to market with the display.

I was asking about the Cameras. I have no clue what they cost!

Tapatalk 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by rivermobster View Post
    I was asking about the Cameras. I have no clue what they cost!

Tapatalk 4.0
    For the new GoPro HD3 it's

The Black Edition- $400 for a nice neat little package of a camera, housing, mounts and a wifi remote. The blacks can record 4k, 120 fps...all kinds of cool crap
    The Silver Edition- $300...camera, housing no wifi remote but has built-in wifi to the camera. Slightly downgraded (but still cool as hell) HD...only records in 1080p
    The White Edition-$200 same as the silver but a slower frame rate on picture burst mode.

I haven't shopped the old HD2's in a while but I do remember a buddy got one New Old Stock of the motorsports edition for $150. The older ones are still cool as hell and still record in 1080p but I think the color saturation and color balance of the 3's is incredibly better.

4K. Can you see the difference in this pic?