Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOprO time...

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Check these bad boys out, they're almost stupid proof, even I'm thinking about getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    That thing looks bad ass! So I'm assuming you control its flight pattern with the following device you wear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats pretty cool...

THe electronics that they throw at the QUAD industry is going to really open up some crazy options...

WIth gyro stabilization, GPS, its crazy how easy these are to fly...

Making some fun and decent quality video is my goal... My son is going to teach me the fine art of editing in FInal cut... I just need SOME remote control ABILITY /video feed to my Iphone...

RR, the specs on this thing, i cant really say for sure, it was $388 out the door, ready to fly with one factory battery, i bought a few aftermarket batteries... I was advised to have at least three batteries for a more fun flying experience (about $50 each)...

I saw a youtube video "highest Blade 350 flight ever" where the guy put an altimiter on his and it went to 4800 ft elevation... WAY beyond what is legal for us to fly...

I'm going to buy a cheap litte Latrax Alias for FUN flying, they are more racy... THey are less Idiot proof but much cheaper and way more agile...

You may want to upgrade to a higher end "spektrum" controller so you can use the same control to fly multiple devices... The base controller for the Blade 350 READY TO FLY kit is a DX4 controller...

THis Blade 350 is my intro/starter... I wanna stick with the GOPRO camera platform rather than the blade camera or any of the other platforms, at this point with the quality of 4k Video from a high end go pro I really dont see the value for me EVER having a quad big enough to haul a small DSLR camera... What I will lack in video quality I can make up for with editing quality/features/techniques (I think)...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 05-23-2015 at 07:30 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

With the flip of one switch the blade 350 will return to the COLUMN (x-y GPS coordinate) without changing altitude and then land itself... I think I need to do some calibration on mine, so far I just have pulled it out of the box and started flying... I did have to watch one youtube video for "binding the blade 350 qx3", there are flashing lights/codes/sequences that you will need the little cheat sheet to decipher...

Name:  return home.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  42.4 KB

Check out some of the FPV youtube videos, crazy stuff...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Get the go pro fired up and show us ur practice videos

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I have to do some video editing first...

THis antique gopro is just ehhhhhh, not something I really wanna publish...

I did strap my Iphone on and flew it, which was decent video... Maybe I will upload some stock IPHONE video to Youtube...

My son is up to his ears preparing his visa package for application to spend his next semester in Switzerland for college... I'm afraid to even ask him about getting me started on FInal Cut right now... Maybe by the end of next week when he is finished and has a few days to DEcompress from this experience... I should have my gimbal by that time but not the NEW/BETTER GoPro

GOprO time...

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I have to do some video editing first...

THis antique gopro is just ehhhhhh, not something I really wanna publish...

I did strap my Iphone on and flew it, which was decent video... Maybe I will upload some stock IPHONE video to Youtube...

My son is up to his ears preparing his visa package for application to spend his next semester in Switzerland for college... I'm afraid to even ask him about getting me started on FInal Cut right now... Maybe by the end of next week when he is finished and has a few days to DEcompress from this experience... I should have my gimbal by that time but not the NEW/BETTER GoPro
    Switzerland for a semester is going to be so awesome!!!! Tell him, he has to take a weekend and go see Prague. It is the most beautiful city I have seen in Europe!
    They offer a 7hr tour that gives you the highlights in 1 big tour through citydiscovery.com.

How's the learning curve on learning to fly that contraption? To get back on topic lol

Switzerland for a semester is going to be so awesome!!!! Tell him, he has to take a weekend and go see Prague. It is the most beautiful city I have seen in Europe!
    They offer a 7hr tour that gives you the highlights in 1 big tour through citydiscovery.com.

How's the learning curve on learning to fly that contraption? To get back on topic lol

We're pretty stoked for him and this opportunity to study in Switzerland, I was there in the 80's for work and fell in love with CH...

There really is no learning curve, take it out of the box and fly it, just start slow... You can turn it on in beginner mode, pour the throttle to it and let it hover in front of your face, walk away, it will just hover there locked on the GPS column... After three or four batteries you will be pushing it to the limit of the beginner mode...

I got a little carried away and flew it into a tree that I was standing under, my Peripheral vision isnt all the great due to my glasses... It fell from about 20 feet up and broke the landing gear which I replaced with the taller gear so I have room for the gimbal/gopro... It comes with a basic shock/rubber gopro mount included in the package...

I'm still flying in the beginner mode and that is mostly all I wanna do but you can do flips/rolls with this thing, NIGHT flying is my favorite, this thing is very well lit and more fun to fly at night...

I was so amazed to see JOhnny Idaho flying his at night at the Needles campground a few years ago, now I totally get it, way more fun...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 05-23-2015 at 10:12 AM.

At long last a test/sample, I can see that I'm going to need a gimbal for the windy conditions. I think that Youtube defaults to 480P so be sure to set it up to 1080. I think I need to upgrade to the better radio (spectrum 6 ch) which allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the sticks for slower/smoother movement while recording:

P.S I ended up with a Hero 3+ Black edition from eBAY, the folks in Colorado Springs CO sell factory refurbs for a pretty decent price, and it's the full kit with all of the pieces/mounts/remote key fob...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 06-23-2015 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    At long last a test/sample, I can see that I'm going to need a gimbal for the windy conditions. I think that Youtube defaults to 480P so be sure to set it up to 1080. I think I need to upgrade to the better radio (spectrum 6 ch) which allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the sticks for slower/smoother movement while recording:

P.S I ended up with a Hero 3+ Black edition from eBAY, the folks in Colorado Springs CO sell factory refurbs for a pretty decent price, and it's the full kit with all of the pieces/mounts/remote key fob...
    Man, that is so cool....
    Let me ask you this, is it pretty compact? I mean, could it be easy to travel with say in a checked in suite case on a plane or in a carry on bag?
    Would be fun to take on vacations.

I have the tall landing gear on this one and it will fit in my rolling carry on bag, no way will I check it but I suppose you could... YOu could easily take the original box, modify the foam and put it into a large checked bag... After you have multiple batteries, charger for the quad battery, wasabi charger and batteries and attachments for the gopro It will take up most of a rolling bag but fits nicely... I plan to remove the props (8 tiny allen head screws) for the trip and just pack my soft stuff around it...

Maybe after I get a little more use out of it I wont be so afraid to check it in the original box inside of a large checked bag...

In the Ariel Photo or safe modes it is so easy to fly, and these are the right modes for 99% of your video/photo needs...

Amazing how much these things have evolved over the past couple years. The ones I bought are totally antiquated at this point.

Even the Lilly, when it is finally released, will probably be old technology.

I'm gonna save my money and wait for a thought controlled drone. LOL