Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey 314 joey

WESTERNAERO
    Your place looks very nice from the pics I've seen and that storm setup you've got going on is the icing on the cake. Very bitchen house.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Your place looks very nice from the pics I've seen and that storm setup you've got going on is the icing on the cake. Very bitchen house.
    Only about 50% of the houses down here have descent hurricane protection, when I first drove up to this house I know I had to have it, our realtor told me to get this kind of shutters installed now would be around $30-35K for all the windows we have, thanks for the nice compliments.

Looks like your house has great protection should a hurricane ever hit!

How about the weak link? Garage door. Anything else to protect it or is it a hurricane door as well. It looks like our standard $800 doors out west.

From my POS T-mobile thingie
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    How about the weak link? Garage door. Anything else to protect it or is it a hurricane door as well. It looks like our standard $800 doors out west.

Funny, you mention the garage door, we learned something the first month, one of the springs went out (broke) and I had to get a new one and at the same time I got a new heavy duty opener, well, when the spring broke Mister strongman here thought he could lift it and get my car out.............wrong, our door weighs over 400lbs due to all the extra steel bracing on it, the garage door guy said there's no way anyone can lift these doors.

I couldn't get my car until the next day when the guy came and put a new spring on, learn something everyday, not a standard door.

Chit, back in Missouri I used to lift the door all the time, not down here, but they were made like a few beer cans.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Funny, you mention the garage door, we learned something the first month, one of the springs went out (broke) and I had to get a new one and at the same time I got a new heavy duty opener, well, when the spring broke Mister strongman here thought he could lift it and get my car out.............wrong, our door weighs over 400lbs due to all the extra steel bracing on it, the garage door guy said there's no way anyone can lift these doors.

I couldn't get my car until the next day when the guy came and put a new spring on, learn something everyday, not a standard door.

Chit, back in Missouri I used to lift the door all the time, not down here, but they were made like a few beer cans.
    That's awesome. Apparently the previous owners were smart and wealthy enough to do it all right. Very cool house and set up.

I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement: