Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    How different is it from wakeboarding?

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Surfing is much more stable than wakeboarding do to the size of the boards and fins, you can also do alot more tricks on a wakeboard. The surfboard that I'm using in the video is a 5'9" quad fin, behind the boat it works great but It's too small for me if I were to surf with it in the ocean.

Here are a few pics from Saturday (surfing with Eli and Stryderphoto aka Scott) and a few from my adventures on Sunday. I have ALWAYS wanted to shoot from the water and get some cool barrel shots, and "Wise Ass" once told me "to get barrel shots you first have to get into the barrel", well I did and this would explain why I am soooooo sore today. Feels like I was beat with a few baseball bats, hit by cay, kicked by a horse an then rolled down a rocky hill. Ahhh, but it's a good pain and ready to do it again! I thought surfing was a work out, but swimming and treading water with no float for a couple hours wiped me out!! Let me know what ya think of the pics. Still have a few really nice full on in the barrel photos, but wanted to save those for last.
    Name:  GoPro_01.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  332.7 KBName:  GoPro_02.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  407.6 KBName:  GoPro_03.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  446.4 KBName:  GoPro_04.jpg
Size:  368.0 KBName:  GoPro_05.jpg
Size:  348.4 KBName:  GoPro_06.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  329.5 KBName:  GoPro_07.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  354.2 KBName:  GoPro_08.jpg
Size:  395.3 KBName:  GoPro_09.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  457.2 KBName:  GoPro_10.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  335.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    Surfing is much more stable than wakeboarding do to the size of the boards and fins, you can also do alot more tricks on a wakeboard. The surfboard that I'm using in the video is a 5'9" quad fin, behind the boat it works great but It's too small for me if I were to surf with it in the ocean.
    Thanks! I'm sure I'll give it a try if the opportunity presents itself. I'm still working on how to say "no" to adventures

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by ocphotographics View Post
    Here are a few pics from Saturday (surfing with Eli and Stryderphoto aka Scott) and a few from my adventures on Sunday. I have ALWAYS wanted to shoot from the water and get some cool barrel shots, and "Wise Ass" once told me "to get barrel shots you first have to get into the barrel", well I did and this would explain why I am soooooo sore today. Feels like I was beat with a few baseball bats, hit by cay, kicked by a horse an then rolled down a rocky hill. Ahhh, but it's a good pain and ready to do it again! I thought surfing was a work out, but swimming and treading water with no float for a couple hours wiped me out!! Let me know what ya think of the pics. Still have a few really nice full on in the barrel photos, but wanted to save those for last.
    Name:  GoPro_01.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  332.7 KBName:  GoPro_02.jpg
Size:  407.6 KBName:  GoPro_03.jpg
Size:  446.4 KBName:  GoPro_04.jpg
Size:  368.0 KBName:  GoPro_05.jpg
Size:  348.4 KBName:  GoPro_06.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  329.5 KBName:  GoPro_07.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  354.2 KBName:  GoPro_08.jpg
Size:  395.3 KBName:  GoPro_09.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  457.2 KBName:  GoPro_10.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  335.9 KB
    These are some great pictures! You're so talented!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun day!
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun day!
    It was a ton of fun! They are amazing teachers, very patient and let me go at my own speed.

I'm so impressed with the pictures though. They have some from later that night at the pier and those are breathtaking as well. Hopefully, they post them.

Sent from my Bat Cave

The goal, it looks like you had a good time and that's what matters, enjoy the rides. The taste of salt water, Yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    It was a ton of fun! They are amazing teachers, very patient and let me go at my own speed.

I'm so impressed with the pictures though. They have some from later that night at the pier and those are breathtaking as well. Hopefully, they post them.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Cool pictures.. That's something I've never tried, surfing. So are you gonna do it again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Some pretty cool stuff there OCP. What are you shooting with for the in water stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    The goal, it looks like you had a good time and that's what matters, enjoy the rides. The taste of salt water, Yuk.
    The taste was awful, my throat was burning. My eyes were on fire lol

I had so much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    Cool pictures.. That's something I've never tried, surfing. So are you gonna do it again?
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes for sure! I'm going again this weekend it's supposed to be nice. Bring Terri and let's surf!

Sent from my Bat Cave