Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    Eliminator is very doubtful for L.A. -- most likely not. The other ten listed by GRADS are pretty solid -- just fewer boats and smaller spaces than in the past.
    That's hard to imagine an LA Boat Show without Eliminator showing. I'm sure they have there reasons but it's just sad. Hopefully things will start turning around even stronger for the custom boating industry!

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Music to my Ears View Post
    That's hard to imagine an LA Boat Show without Eliminator showing. I'm sure they have there reasons but it's just sad. Hopefully things will start turning around even stronger for the custom boating industry!
    I know he's very busy I think 5-7 new builds going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    I know he's very busy I think 5-7 new builds going on!
    Nothing wrong with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Music to my Ears View Post
    Nothing wrong with that!
    whats up neighbor...lol... days are getting longer..

I remember being told back in 2002-2004 a good sized booth would cost in excess of $50k. What builder has that kinda money to spend these days when in a month you can go the Desert Storm and really show your shit off.
    I think the LA Show is more to show you're still in business.

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
    In loving memory of
    Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    I remember being told back in 2002-2004 a good sized booth would cost in excess of $50k. What builder has that kinda money to spend these days when in a month you can go the Desert Storm and really show your shit off.
    I think the LA Show is more to show you're still in business.

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
    In loving memory of
    Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens
    I think the havasu shows are gonna take over..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    whats up neighbor...lol... days are getting longer..

What's up Steve?! I hear you, longer days Sounds like it's about time to get Sue's new boat in the water!

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    I remember being told back in 2002-2004 a good sized booth would cost in excess of $50k. What builder has that kinda money to spend these days.
    Obviously HotBoat does. Booth #305 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Obviously HotBoat does. Booth #305 this year.
    It was slightly less than $50K

Make no mistake, exhibiting at the L.A. Show is an expensive venture considering the present state of the boating industry. Bulk space at L.A is $6 a square foot (if you're an NMMA member which is a minimum of $1,000, if not, the rate goes to $7). A medium sized bulk space for a boat exhibitor is 3,000 to 3,500 square feet or at least $18,000 to $21,000. Compare that to $1,050 for 3,500 square feet at the Havasu show. L.A. Convention Center is also union -- the hourly labor rate standard is $113.00 and $168.00 per hour for overtime. A crane and operator to hang a sign is a minimum of $394.00 plus helpers. A 10' x 10' L.A. booth space is $800, at Havasu a 15' x 15' is $240. It all adds up.