Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hotboat.com wants your feedback

What about a firearms section? Vic, I know your not big on the idea, but a political section would probably get traction too. Problem is who wants to moderate the heated arguments that sometime ensue? Another idea is an update once a month to what the builders have orders for. I am anxious to see the M29.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CH3NO2

Other Side of the Lake,Almost off the Grid.
    From the outside looking in it seems 2 families that are longtime good friends will be reviving Hotboat.com. Most of us know you guys from over the years.The laughs etc. were incredible,was interesting for a long time. If you have the patients and the time to stick with the standards you have decided on this could grow into a awesome place for the boating industry and the people who build boats and the people that buy and enjoy boats,even Jet Boats.

Good stuff so far. As far as a political section, I'm still not convinced it would bring anything but trouble to the table. I dont mind a little political chatter here and there, but I dont really want to dedicate any space to it.

I'm still not thrilled with the smileys either. There are some new ones that are kinda cool, but I think we need to purge some of the old stuff out.

We have new content coming soon as well as a couple articles I think you'll enjoy. I keep getting reminded that its winter so things are a little slow. But thats hard for me to accept. So we're on the hunt for some good stuff somewhere on the planet.

Very interested in your feedback, please keep it coming!

I guess I'm still trying to figure out what this site wants to be. Will it primarily be a "forums" driven site with some or occasional content, or does it want to be a "boating content" site with a "forum"? It's hard to be both as witnessed by the early days of performanceboats.

WMC
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    I guess I'm still trying to figure out what this site wants to be. Will it primarily be a "forums" driven site with some or occasional content, or does it want to be a "boating content" site with a "forum"? It's hard to be both as witnessed by the early days of performanceboats.
    We are trying to bring you as much boating content as we can. This is a 1.5 month old site and we have supplied a good amount of content. We have been to several boating events to get our name out there and meet fellow boaters and racers. Yes we are a boating site with forums. That gives you, me and every boating person a place to call home and post your builds, pics, share, and ask techncial questions, get advice, etc. I would answer your questions with we want this site to be primarily boating content with forums. I hope you are enjoying it so far thank you for your feedback.

Wendi

Suggestions

I think moving the Water skiing section to its own forum would bring more traffic to the site. It is not a boating event per say and is hidden in that forum. I've had this request numerous times. If we are making changes this would be one I suggest.

I think a "Like" button that facebook has would be good to.

I also like the GO adea that has been suggested.

Logging in to see the photos sucks. Your not going to attract lurkers to post with the settings on lockdown. The real question is what are you hoping to accomplish with the site? what is your mission statement? Once you clearly define that for yourselves you will have direction and can then create action.

Hotboat.com wants your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by drhoback View Post
    What about a firearms section? Vic, I know your not big on the idea, but a political section would probably get traction too. Problem is who wants to moderate the heated arguments that sometime ensue? Another idea is an update once a month to what the builders have orders for. I am anxious to see the M29.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No politics. Guns though are good!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWorks View Post
    Logging in to see the photos sucks. Your not going to attract lurkers to post with the settings on lockdown. The real question is what are you hoping to accomplish with the site? what is your mission statement? Once you clearly define that for yourselves you will have direction and can then create action.
    Good point, however, most of what we post here is also posted on FB and IG. So its not completely on lock down. I'm not sure which way would better to entice people to sign up. If you can see everything without signing up, there is no motivation to do so.

As far as what are we trying to accomplish, this kind of goes with our unpublished mission statement, and that is to be the preeminent boating site on the net. Big shoes to fill I know, but why not shoot for the stars. If we hit the moon that wouldnt be so bad.

I appreciate your comments.

Guns scare me But I'm up for a gun section. Consider it done.