Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    While it was breezy on Saturday, the water conditions were better (at least in the mini) than on Sunday with the shorter course. We ended up getting an observer from Scotland at the last minute Saturday, Tony was pretty happy with his races and probably increased his confidence level.
    OB1, I'm ignorant to who's doing what, can you explain your team? Boat, Driver, Observer, Skier, class etc, I'm kinda lost. How did your team finish?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    OB1, I'm ignorant to who's doing what, can you explain your team? Boat, Driver, Observer, Skier, class etc, I'm kinda lost. How did your team finish?

CH3NO2
    Last year I got asked to drive the #87 boat (white outdrive Hallett Vector with a blower motor) for it's owner, Tony Maric. I think Nick Rose suggested to him that I had experience. He had previously just started showing up at the races and asked for rides, or even showed up at the Catalina race with just his ski and one of his boats and looked around to find drivers and observers. I do have many years of experience in all phases, skiing, driving and observing, so I understand the types of things he needs to learn, and patience needed for him to regain his confidence in his ability after taking a pretty fast fall a couple of years back with a team that didn't know him as a skier.

Anyway,, borrowed Alfredo Alongi from Scotland to observe for Tony for the weekend, he normally drives but did a nice job of keeping me informed. Tony skis Men's Novice, not sure of our finishing positions, more important was the learning progress for him and that he was happy with himself.
    Last edited by obnoxious001; 03-09-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Random Parker Water Ski Pics

Last year I got asked to drive the #87 boat (white outdrive Hallett Vector with a blower motor) for it's owner, Tony Maric. I think Nick Rose suggested to him that I had experience. He had previously just started showing up at the races and asked for rides, or even showed up at the Catalina race with just his ski and one of his boats and looked around to find drivers and observers. I do have many years of experience in all phases, skiing, driving and observing, so I understand the types of things he needs to learn, and patience needed for him to regain his confidence in his ability after taking a pretty fast fall a couple of years back with a team that didn't know him as a skier.

Anyway,, borrowed Alfredo Alonzi from Scotland to observe for Tony for the weekend, he normally drives but did a nice job of keeping me informed. Tony skis Men's Novice, not sure of our finishing positions, more important was the learning progress for him and that he was happy with himself.
    Thank you very much! I heard of circle racing and sprints this weekend , needless to say I was/am confused. It's easier to remain interested when you understand what is going on out there, again Thank you!

CH3NO2
    Last edited by Stainless; 03-09-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Thank you very much! I heard of circle racing and sprints this weekend , needless to say I was/am confused. It's easier to remain interested when you understand what is going on out there, again Thank you!
    It does help to not only know a bit about it, but have friends who are competing. Parker is one of the best venues in the US to view a water ski race, in my opinion, because the skiers are so close to the shore. Looks like many of Eli's photos are shot one or two docks up from my friend's house on the AZ side. I was looking over that direction and waving to friends that I saw, but had to also concentrate on making a turn close enough to the shore to keep the course shorter (and smoother) for my skier, but still keeping the boat deep enough to not hit bottom.

The "sprints" were Saturday only, on the shorter course down closer to Bluewater. Normally a "sprint" or "circle" race lap is 2 1/2 miles maximum distance, where on Saturday the "marathon" course was maybe 5 miles long,, guess they didn't bother to GPS the course even though they have one class that needs to be run against a minimum time, calculated to be 60 mph average for the course, including the turns. There are also boat classes,, F2 being a single engine outboard with some other specific rules, and classes that are defined by skiers age, or "open class" (usually the fastest), or "novice" for beginners.
    Last edited by obnoxious001; 03-09-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Other Side of the Lake,Almost off the Grid.
    Is Jim Barnard still racing?

Quote Originally Posted by RVR SWPR View Post
    Is Jim Barnard still racing?
    Yes, he was there

Other Side of the Lake,Almost off the Grid.
    Yes, he was there
    Thanks,Great friend to many.Out of Ventura for many years.

Great pictures

Thanks for sharing!

Random Parker Water Ski Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Great pictures

Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you!

I'm looking forward to the ones OCPhotographics took. He was standing next to me with his giant lens. We decided to tag team it. I took the load as you go pics and he has the awesome pics. I'm sure he has some great ones of Brady. He's going to try to get one of each skier.

Sent from my Bat Cave