Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    it seems to work...I'm gonna work over HOTBOAT the same way..one Patron shot after another..and he thinks we're drinking Fireball...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    The last time I had tequila was after the street fair deal at DS last year. Someone in our party yelled out it was my birthday. Some very nice guy at the bar bought me a shot of tequila. Of course I had to drink it. The night just never got right after that shot. Tequila and I haven't been friends ever since

Unforgiven

Hotboat

You've got this

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Unforgiven

Hotboat

You've got this
    so I have to wipe out the shelf and he only gets one bottle.....hmmmm...OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    so I have to wipe out the shelf and he only gets one bottle.....hmmmm...OK...
    I'm putting my money on you!

Just 1 bottle

Rules for Poker Run are changing this year. Basically a 120 mph speed limit. No group of fast boats running to card stop one. :(

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ
    So have any of you heard the news about Desert Storm this year?

No 1st Wave this year.

Markel canceled all "ultra" policies of which there were 12.They have also reviewed and canceled several DCBs and other brands.They will only insure boats up to 120 mph. Gary Smith was told that this was a result of the DCB accident at Desert Storm last year that got them to re-assess there risk.
    The poker run this year has NO first group. All boats will be let loose to proceed to the 5 card stops that will all be open in any order they choose after they exit the channel to the north.
    As far as the shootout, there is insurance for all participants thru Wozencraft insurance. All boat owners insurance policies have exclusions of coverage in timed or speed events so Wozencraft has a master policy in place for the participants.
    Mike Bobbitt, Don London, Jon Roth and Gary Smith will be spectators. Gary does plan to be at the street fair on display but doesn't know about the others.

This is all pulled from another site. Very interesting news considering I go to DS to watch these Big Boys run. Not having them there makes it just another holiday weekend with all the crazies.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by She's Mine View Post

No 1st Wave this year.

Markel canceled all "ultra" policies of which there were 12.They have also reviewed and canceled several DCBs and other brands.They will only insure boats up to 120 mph. Gary Smith was told that this was a result of the DCB accident at Desert Storm last year that got them to re-assess there risk.
    The poker run this year has NO first group. All boats will be let loose to proceed to the 5 card stops that will all be open in any order they choose after they exit the channel to the north.
    As far as the shootout, there is insurance for all participants thru Wozencraft insurance. All boat owners insurance policies have exclusions of coverage in timed or speed events so Wozencraft has a master policy in place for the participants.
    Mike Bobbitt, Don London, Jon Roth and Gary Smith will be spectators. Gary does plan to be at the street fair on display but doesn't know about the others.

This is all pulled from another site. Very interesting news considering I go to DS to watch these Big Boys run. Not having them there makes it just another holiday weekend with all the crazies.
    Very interesting news. When you look at who is registered in the run, a few other big boats (Skaters, MTI, etc) are running (Collegewood, Outlaw Racing, etc)), so I wonder who insures them.

Quote Originally Posted by She's Mine View Post

No 1st Wave this year.

Is it going to be like Monsters Bash where you pull up to the front and a few people go at one time? Or just everyone goes at one time? I know 2 years ago, the DS poker run we all went in groups based on our speed category. I wonder if it will still be in groups but based on speeds less than 120 mph?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Desert Storm Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Is it going to be like Monsters Bash where you pull up to the front and a few people go at one time? Or just everyone goes at one time? I know 2 years ago, the DS poker run we all went in groups based on our speed category. I wonder if it will still be in groups but based on speeds less than 120 mph?

Sent from my Bat Cave
    They are still releasing boats in groups. However from what I have been told, once your group goes through the channel, your group will be released to a designated card stop (1-5). After that first stop you will be able to go to any stop you want.

They will still have groups, but not sure they will be grouped by speed and we will not have the normal players we have seen in group c (fastest group), released to the previous first card stop (the springs) first.

The only one that knows all the changes is Jim and it sounds like he is still working through those.

Edited based on e-mail I got today when I submitted my insurance docs.
    Last edited by Singleton; 03-07-2014 at 05:11 PM.