Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    More updates from Cobra's FB page.

Well we're still at it. We just worked 7 days straight trying to make up down time for the up coming holiday. We spent the last 7 days on the interior which seems to take longer then the exterior. The dashes have been roughed in, seat pedestals have been installed, the engine lid was finished and we also started on the windshield track.
    Name:  cobra1-1.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  71.4 KB

In this picture we are making the frame work to build a windshield. Once we build a windshield out of fiber glass we can finish the track it sits on. After that we will build a mold from that part so each windshield will be identical. The windshield will be made from Polycast acrylic.
    Name:  cobra1-2.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  74.2 KB

This week we are putting some bondo to the boat and creating some body lines and venting. The boat is really taking shape. If you get the time stop on by we would love to show it to you, it looks a lot different in person.
    Name:  cobra 1-3.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  57.8 KB

Updated drawing of the 270 Python showing the name change and the extended running bottom.
    Name:  cobra 1-4.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  72.1 KB

Looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    That thing is bad ass! I hope they offer more back seat leg room though. It looks a lil cramped. Cobra should close the bow and replace the 260C Venom.
    The layout always ends up a little different from the drawing. This boat will most likely look a little bigger than a 26r, just like the 28 Python looks bigger than it is.
    Jeff and I have talked about making the 26C a "windshield" boat, as well as a 29' cat. I've already had 2 26's so I think I want something a little bigger.
    I'm excited to see them tooling new stuff!

From FB:

Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. After taking four and a half days off we are back at it. We been working on the windshield and the windshield seat for about a week. Very time consuming, the windshield has to match the boat in the seat perfectly. That part is pretty much done at this point, then the windshield has to be perfect, any flaw in the windshield plug will show up in the acrylic when we go to make them. For more pictures you can visit us at Cobraperformanceboats.com

Name:  cobra8.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  59.8 KB

Well Rob has been putting 12 hour days in and getting quite a bit of work done. If anybody is wondering why we didn't tool the boat using a CNC it's because it would've cost five times the amount of money and taken three months just for a plug. In three months we hope to have the plug and the molds finished for a fraction of the money it cost to CNC the plug.

Name:  cobra9.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  73.0 KB

Today we started putting fiberglass on the boat. There's still a lot of detail work that needs to be done but we are hoping to have primer on it within three weeks.

Name:  cobra10.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  70.9 KB

went by yesterday lots of progress
    boat is really taking shape they were setting fiberglass and shaping the transom---somthin to see, really different and sleak
    i'll get pics next time

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by 3queens View Post
    went by yesterday lots of progress
    boat is really taking shape they were setting fiberglass and shaping the transom---somthin to see, really different and sleak
    i'll get pics next time
    I can't wait to see the end result. Thanks for the update! Pics would be great next time.

This looks like it is going to turn out awesome!

Where is Cobra located?

This thread fell by the wayside but here is the finished product posted on FB.
    Turned out really nice!

Name:  c1.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  c2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  c3.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  71.4 KB

Name:  c4.jpg
Views: 84