Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
Exactly my point. Most custom built, 10,000 hour boats are under 25'. Not saying they all are, but most of the completely custom, hand built machines are under 25. Now, I can also say that most of the most expensive boats out there are probably larger than 25'. Case in point would be a machine like the 50' Mystic Turbine boat "My Way". I can appreciate a $300K Schiada just as much as I can appreciate a $2.5M turbine boat. But they are apples and oranges. Both owners put blood, sweat, and tears in to their machines. But I for one would not want both of these bad ass machines in a contest competing against eachother. So all we're trying to accomplish here is leveling out the field a little. My example is probably extreme. Switching off the classes each month still give everyone a chance to complete. In fact, it will give the guys with the larger boats a little more incentive to enter.
I completely understand where you are coming from. Kind of like a car show though. Everyone wants to go see the hot rods that are loud, shiney, and bad ass. Who would go to a car show that only had mini vans?