As promised as soon as I heard something I would let everyone know: A few hours ago, I received a call from the Special Events dept. indicating that based on the meeting last week they have preliminary approval to move forward (pending final approval from Fire) on the 2019 Long Beach Sprint Nationals however, supposedly our date, August 3 & 4 was given to another group - I believe the City Manager said it was the Long Beach Irish Festival. We are looking into this to see if there is a way to get our date back or perhaps move this years event to another weekend. We are trying to make contact with this other group to see if they would amenable to moving to another location within Long Beach that might be more suitable for a "festival" but in the end since the City supposedly gave our date away it would be up to them and the City to allow us our original submitted and traditional weekend.

The good news is we are now all on the same page and communication has been restored but as usual with the good there's always something bad. Nothing is easy and on behalf of the board we want to thank everyone that took the time to make calls and send emails to help bring light to this situation and right a wrong.

Once again, I will be working to try to get this situation resolved and move forward on this great event. I will keep everyone posted to our progress.

Thanks and keep the faith that we will have a 2019 Long Beach Sprint Nationals!!