Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
I've never had the pleasure of meeting Amos Satterlee, but I sure as hell know who he is. He is unique and talented, worthy of any accolade given . It's sad to think that more of the peers from the era of "big name" engine guys aren't with us today. It is from their talents that we learn. P.S., I attended the Bixby Knowles event twice and it was a scene. Had a conversation with Shirley Muldowney there, friend Dave Mandella ( yes related ) was the project manager on the restoration of one of her fuelers, which was there on display.
I've been wanting to do a sit down interview/video with Amos, I have talked to Lou and his wife about doing this. I don't know how often he gets to St Louis but I think he is a pretty accessible guy. My video guy (my son) is in St Louis and Amos is here in CA......

I need to get this done...

It's amazing Spike, he is at the drag boat races which are inevitably SCORCHING HOT and there is Amos, bustin his azzzzz, inspecting parts, doing head assembly between rounds... If only I could have his brain/mojo/motivation...