Thread: Resizing SUX!!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

This is a test of html

Can u see this inserted image:

Yes I can and it's 80 KB. I did get a couple of photos to post in a reasonable size and not get resized to the lowest denominator, thanks!

I guess I spoke too soon. The last photo started at 3 megs, I resized to 136 KB and the site resized it to 36 KB.

What's up with this?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Wheeler; 03-27-2013 at 08:42 PM.

WMC
    3.4 mb
    Name:  088.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  90.6 KB

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Yes I can and it's 80 KB. I did get a couple of photos to post in a reasonable size and not get resized to the lowest denominator, thanks!

I guess I spoke too soon. The last photo started at 3 megs, I resized to 136 KB and the site resized it to 36 KB.

What's up with this?
    Wheeler why are you resizing your photos prior to uploading? I never have resized a picture yet and they come out looking like the photo WMC just posted which was me BTW under his username. If the site automatically is resizing there is no need for you to do it on your end.

Try again buckwheat, that photo is only 92 Kilo Bytes.

Then again, you claim 3.4 mega bits (mb) or was it 3.4 Mega Bytes (MB)

Quote Originally Posted by WMC View Post
    3.4 mb
    Name:  088.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  90.6 KB

What's Up Wendi!

I resize the photos cause I'm supposed to! besides, it takes too long to up load photos in their original format to the site when I can resize a batch on my side in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Wheeler why are you resizing your photos prior to uploading? I never have resized a picture yet and they come out looking like the photo WMC just posted which was me BTW under his username. If the site automatically is resizing there is no need for you to do it on your end.
    I will start from smallest to the largest in this order ......

#1 240 by 320 45.8 KB

#2 640 by 480 142.6 KB

#3 1280 by 960 477.3 KB

#4 6.06 Mega Bytes

These sizes are either in Kilo Bytes (KB) or Mega Bytes (MB), not kilo bits (kb) or mega bits (mb)

I am not using the paper clip, I am clicking add file then select file then upload.

It took about 500 KB to get a 100 KB file to show and the 6.06 MB files is now 106.9 which is understandable and expected.

What I would like to know is, what is the optimum file size to upload correctly and efficiently without the site messing up what I had already done?

Thank you for your time and patience.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Wheeler; 03-28-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: The site fucks up my order of photos