Thread: Grass Fed Beef

Threaded View

Grass Fed Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm trying to get my sister to split the 100 pounds with me. I just don't have that much room in my freezer with all the vodka in there.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Funny story. My first year I went back deer hunting with the family when I got there my cousins played it up that I may not get one. It's a bit of a competition in the family on who gets one, or the biggest etc. Well they kept giving me shit that I probably wouldn't have the nerve to pull the trigger on one. Well needless to say first morning out my dad shoots a really nice 8 pointer. Big deer too. He was walking around with his chest puffed out all proud of his nice trophy. So I go back out in the afternoon to my blind. Not seeing anything and the sun is going down. I'm just about ready to pack it up and I see this massive doe jump out into the field I'm sitting in. My license was an either or one (means I can shoot a male or female) so I raise my rifle cause I was thinking there's a lot of meat on that bitch. Lol. Well right before I pull the trigger out jump this huge buck. It was a little over 150 yards out but I could tell it was big. I slide my rifle over and bang!!! The things turns and takes off, jumps a fence, and heads down into a ravine. Well I thought I missed it so I pack up and start walking out of the field towards where they were. When I get there I see a huge puddle of blood. I started shaking. Followed the blood drop for a while and decided I was gonna need help. Go back to the farm house and get my cousin and my brother who had just come in. We go back out in the dark to look for it. After climbing down the ravine with flashlights my brother finds it. His first words were "did you shoot a cow?". It was big. Lol. Took 4 of us an hour to drag it about 50 yards up that hill. We barely could get it into the truck. When we got back to the house my dad was there waiting cause someone called him to let him know I got one. He had been at the bar celebrating his kill. Lol. Well when he saw it he gave me that "you punk kid" look. It dressed out at over 250lbs. That's big for a white tail. My brother ended up getting one the next day. Well on the way home we had to call my mom to go buy new freezers for everyone. My parents got a big standup freezer and sh bought 2 of these smaller ones. One for me and one for my brother. It topped them all off with all the deer meat.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412011321.405750.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  39.7 KB
    Last edited by djunkie; 09-29-2014 at 10:26 AM.