Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    He will be a non factor. Whatever happened to him starting his own team? Still can't get the $$?
    I agree. I don't think he will fit here either, I can only guess he wants to stay in racing condition.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    He will be a non factor. Whatever happened to him starting his own team? Still can't get the $$?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I agree. I don't think he will fit here either, I can only guess he wants to stay in racing condition.
    Larry may be a bit brighter than most racers. While he and Dick LaHaie were winning championships, Larry was investing in commercial warehouse buildings in Indianapolis which he has fully leased. Other racers have been known to party their income away but Larry started from the very bottom and worked his way through the crew into the seat - proving himself in every position, along the way.

He's smart enough to not run on his own money so he'll continue to land sponsorship - something that's becoming harder and harder every day (ask John Force) but Vandergriff has some solid funding for a while and could use the information another car could provide. It's very hard to compete against the multi-car teams that share information and it's hard to get good information when you are just "Sharing" info (ask Bob Tasca) so Vandergriff thought it wise to put Larry in the seat.

If I had unlimited funds and started a T/F team from scratch, the first position I would fill would be driver and it would be Larry Dixon. I think Bob thinks like I do . . .
    The best things in life aren't things!

NASCAR and NHRA Happenings

Doc, thinking back I want to say BV wants to step out of the car. If that's the case then I agree they could contend with LD as the lead. All I was saying is LD is not gonna be happy in the R&D car. Problem I see with the BV camp is it's become a musical chairs of crew chiefs and such, not necessarily Bobs fault, you just loose all your momentum when it happens.

CH3NO2
    Last edited by Stainless; 04-10-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Today's race in Fontucky wasn't Goodyear's finest hour. Tires, not performance nor skill, decided the race. JJ dominated all day and Gordon, twice came from the back of the pack to contend for first place, proving he probably had the fastest car and best skills in today's race, but Goodyear decided the race.
    Doc, you hear what came of this. Seems Goodyear had NOTHING to do with JJ and Gordon losing that race. Years ago when Tony Stewart went on a tirade about Goodyear not being qualified to make a tire for a red wagon, Goodyear admitted they screwed up. When the same thing happened at Charlotte one year, Humpy Wheeler admitted the track condition was responsible and vowed to fix it. Where was the screaming tirades from the drivers and crew chiefs at Fontana?? The "experts" in the chatter booth stirred the fans, but where was the out cry from the teams. Seems the fastest cars the track were the having tire issues for the same reason they were the fastest. Seems some of the top teams and crew chiefs are learning more and more about the C.O.T. 6 car.
    Seems that when Nascar and Goodyear collected ALL the tires from ALL the teams and inspected them they discovered something interesting. Some teams gave Goodyear the middle finger on suggested setup, alignment, AND TIRES PRESSURE, because they figured out they were WAY faster changing it. The setup and SUGGESTED MINIMUM TIRE PRESSSURE weren't a little off, they were way off
    They were told the same thing AGAIN at Texas when the rash of tire issues started there in test and practice. There was a call to mandate a minimum tire pressure from some lesser teams. Nascar declined and said let the sleep in the bed they chose to make. Seems even Goodyear can't make a tire that is idiot proof.

Knaus and Gustafson are more than aware who blew that race, and it wasn't Goodyear. Unless you think they need to supply idiot proof tires.
    Appears only the Monday morning quarterbacks and the "pros" in the chatter box thought it was Goodyear's doing.

ALL the teams were at Fontana long enough to know what the tire wear was, and more than long enough to learn what gets their ass around the track the fastest. Its all rolling the dice. From gas mileage, to tune, to tire wear, You place you best bet, and roll the dice.
    If you run out of gas, do you blame the fuel tank, or Sunoco for shitty fuel> Or do you strap on the big boy jeans, keep you mouth shut, and accept what you did. Happy to see they chose the latter, even when others no in the pits and making the decisions think they saw something else.
    Fast is only fast until you hit the wall. We have a saying in GN. To finish first, first you have to finish. Knaus knows this better than anyone, he just had to relearn it.
    Last edited by gn7; 04-10-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Hope Leah or Brittany get a win at the 4 Wides this weekend.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397234704.784033.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  72.1 KB

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397246460.309703.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  42.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397246486.850929.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  57.4 KB

ch3no2
    CH3NO2

Hight sure did his job today and Zippy's only real competitor was Jimmy Prock so JFR did their job. I believe they have also landed a principal sponsor as well?????
    JR Todd left his win at the starting gates as he threw away the fastest run in the final while he slept at the lights and handed it to Corradi and Oswald.
    The real story today was the Harley Davidsons. Matt Smith's incessant whining to the NHRA about the Harleys eventually stuck those HD bikes so deep in the mud with all the extra weight and now engine changes dumped on them yet, they still work smarter and harder than all others in the PSB class to bring home a 4 wide Wally after suffering all the mandated setbacks. Way to go Vance and Hines! They are truly the smartest guys in the class by a WHOLE LOT!
    Lastly, it was really fun seeing the Swede winning in Ken Black's car. He seems like a great guy.
    The best things in life aren't things!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I believe they have also landed a principal sponsor as well?????
    Spill your beans Doc, I haven't heard yet.

For me the highlight was Force and Hight taking out Hagan and Beckman in the semis. The camera shot on the Don was priceless!

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397504080.939470.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  55.5 KB

ch3no2
    CH3NO2

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397504113.434524.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  73.1 KB

ch3no2
    CH3NO2