Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
The bottom needs to move around tying it all together will promote stringer fatigue or lifting of the stringers . Constant pounding on the bottom will try to push the motor plate up taking everything with it . Use a drop thru with a block or a recessed bolt on .
I have to agree. I think its more a twisting thing than anything else. You might me able to built the hull strong enough front to back to eliminate most of the bending forces the hull sees, but its near impossible to eliminate the hull twisting. Its why v drive and engine bracing struts tend to have heims on the ends. They can arrest forward and rearward movements without inhibiting the twisting. No matter how stiff you make the stringers, the hull will still twist. About the only thing that can control the hull twist is to lay the sides up taller and heavier, and even the deck.

I know a lot of people say that tying the strut into the stringers is no different than tying the v drive into them, or even the motor plates for that matter, but I only know it has never worked well for a GN. And that Di Marco cruiser is closer to a GN than its a drag flat.
Not all that certain if the motor in my boat is what's moving, or the stringers twisting, but there is definite movement between the motor plates and the stringers. It would surprise me a bit if it was the stringers twisting in spite of the motor plates tying the stringers together, and the twisting wins. Just another reason the engine bracing I usually see use heims on the ends.