I haven't owned a dog in more than 25yrs. The last one or two dogs I owned were shitheads. I think the last one was a black lab. That little fucker tore the hell outta our yard and I had to call the dog cops on him. I tried to get him to stop, but it didn't work out. So we parted company and he left me bitter.

Prior to that I owned a Collie and Samoyed. The Collie was my best friend, loved that dog. He ate come foil one time so I had to bottle feed him back to health. The Samoyed was a scandalous little shit, but we got along pretty good.

The only other pets I've had since then were Ferrets. Greatest little fuzzball pets ever imo. But I think this time I want a pet who will reciprocate a little love instead of drawing blood LOL.

I'm thinking house dog pretty much. One who will travel (in a car) well. Won't bark too much. Won't drop logs the size of a small tree all over the place. Easily trainable. Mild mannered. Won't shed carpets of hair everywhere. But most importantly one who will listen to all my problems and then lick my face when I'm done

Is there such an animal? And no, I don't like Taco Bell so that's out of the question.