Hybrid View

where to launch in havasu

So we are renting a house in Havasu for the weekend of billy b show at pirates cove. I want to launch in havi and make the trek up river for the show. I'll be a the Cole superhawk. Where is a launch ramp that I can keep Tahoe and trailer? Anything I should be aware of? I've only been up river a handful of times. Thanks Paul

there are a couple different places you can launch from. Windsor is the main boat ramp which is right below the big OCM dealership. You can also launch from site 6 which is on the island. If you are looking for something a little more discrete, you can pay $15 and launch at the private boat ramp at crazy horse on the island as long as its not a holiday weekend. That is what we usually do.

Ur choices are windsor site six or the marina.

from windsor its 2 seconds to the no wake line then right straight for the gorge.

from site six its 2 seconds to the bouys then right. Ull have the entire island to traverse then pass windsor then to the gorge.

From the marina u can no wake out of the marina then turn left or right. Left will cruise the channel then pass the bouys and gas it. Ull pass windsor then hit the gorge.
    if u go right out of the marina ull no wake to the thompson bay bouy line then go around the island passing site six then widsor then hit the gorge.

what have we learned? Launch at windsor. less gas and most direct route.

Also you can keep your trailer and truck overnight at Windsor for an extra $5. Windsor has 2 good ramps. It really shouldn't be that busy that time of year.

Windsor would be the closest public ramp for going up river towards topoc, pirates etc... It's a very nice ramp too.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.....Windsor (north Ramp) will be the absolute closest.....if you get stuck on the south ramp it could take an extra 20 seconds after you get out of the "No Wake" zone.

In all seriousness for your plan Windsor is best :thumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    I agree.....Windsor (north Ramp) will be the absolute closest.....if you get stuck on the south ramp it could take an extra 20 seconds after you get out of the "No Wake" zone.

In all seriousness for your plan Windsor is best :thumbsup

Thanks phatcat., Opps I mean 65k...

where to launch in havasu

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Yup....decided that I should come out of the closet today.......a pretty good day to do it if you ask me .....for a "Fucking Moron" that is
    :p
    CH3NO2

We ate at a pretty good place while we were there for Desert Storm, I can't remember the name of it, but I guess that's irrelevant because you said LAUNCH not LUNCH

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    We ate at a pretty good place while we were there for Desert Storm, I can't remember the name of it, but I guess that's irrelevant because you said LAUNCH not LUNCH

Can't go wrong with Scotty's Chicken.