Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Which speakers to go with?

Going to change out the Rockford Fosgate speakers in my boat. Looking at these options JL Audio MX650,
    Kicker KM654 or Polk MM651 UM. Keeping the 2 12" RF subs and the Amps. Would like to know who runs these speakers and what are your thoughts? Would love to hear some feedback from HB nation.

Quote Originally Posted by heferaton View Post
    Going to change out the Rockford Fosgate speakers in my boat. Looking at these options JL Audio MX650,
    Kicker KM654 or Polk MM651 UM. Keeping the 2 12" RF subs and the Amps. Would like to know who runs these speakers and what are your thoughts? Would love to hear some feedback from HB nation.
    I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. Everything in my scooter is Rockford Fosgate, and it is loud and sounds amazing with a pair of 6 1/2's and a pair of 6x9's being pushed with a little Rockford amp that fits under the fairing, is no wider than the head unit, and puts out over 150W per channel. I'm a huge fan of their product and it seems to be getting better on a regular basis.

I've run Kicker in my truck with 2 pairs of components, 2 amps, and 4 10's that Wired for Sound put in for me 12 years ago now. I rock that thing when I'm in it as most of my time seems to be spent in a company vehicle with stock sound. Never had an issue with Kicker and don't think you can go wrong there. Lots of bang for the buck.

I'm also a huge fan of Polkaudio. My entire home theater is Polk and I had 2 pairs of components and a 10" sub in my SXS and they took a beating and never let me down.

My buddy runs JL in his boat and they've held up well over the years. At the end of the day I suppose it comes down to what your ears listen for and what kind of music you're listening to. I believe they've all got a similar price point so it's hard to make that a deciding factor. It's not like you're comparing a $100 pair of Polk's with a $500 pair of Focals as that becomes an easier decision. Crutchfield has been a great source of home and mobile audio for me over the years and seem to have some pretty good prices and even better sales.

Lots of help I know!
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

I'm not a big fax of marine anything to be honest. Just don't seem to have the same sound as regular subs.

I have 12W6's in my bow and the rest is Focal. Sounds decent but not great because the subs are so far under the deck. But with my boat I don't have many other options.

Honestly, I'd rather hear the blower whine

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I'm not a big fax of marine anything to be honest. Just don't seem to have the same sound as regular subs.

I have 12W6's in my bow and the rest is Focal. Sounds decent but not great because the subs are so far under the deck. But with my boat I don't have many other options.

Honestly, I'd rather hear the blower whine
    I had Focals in my Spectre with a single 13W7 under the bow, and that was it. Essentially just a big box. Standing on the bow with the stereo cranked would make your teeth rattle and eyes go fuzzy. The girls liked the bow rail that ran down the center for some reason. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    I had Focals in my Spectre with a single 13W7 under the bow, and that was it. Essentially just a big box. Standing on the bow with the stereo cranked would make your teeth rattle and eyes go fuzzy. The girls liked the bow rail that ran down the center for some reason. ;-)
    I have a 13W7 in a ported box in my garage. If you pay for a forklift and shipping, you can have it LOL

I have a 13W7 in a ported box in my garage. If you pay for a forklift and shipping, you can have it LOL
    What am I going to do, put it in the bed of my truck? Maybe in high school.

What am I going to do, put it in the bed of my truck? Maybe in high school.
    Maybe use it as a coffee table base on date night LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe use it as a coffee table base on date night LOL

I'll just wire some audio feeds into my welder to run it while I'm at it. My God those things need a bunch of power to sound good.

I'll just wire some audio feeds into my welder to run it while I'm at it. My God those things need a bunch of power to sound good.
    Yeah stupid power for sure

What about amps these days?? I've heard of some super small digital amps that are stupid powerful. But I haven't updated any of my stuff for awhile. I want to say my toon had 5 JL's, but I don't remember what they were. Pretty small though.