Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wow, I thought it was bad.....

But I had no idea it was THIS bad....wow....no bueno folks......:(

Name:  zjan13.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  94.6 KB

The rainy season never came. Going to get worse before it gets better :(

Have our seasons changed a little with respect to time frame? I rains in the summer more often now.

Also doesn't most of our water reserves come from snow?

Sent from my Bat Cave

And there's no snow!

And people ask why I live in the PNW ;0)

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegoose1 View Post
    And people ask why I live in the PNW ;0)

Sun and warm year round is fun and all, but you need this bad.

Rain is of little help unless you get an over abundance of it. Too much run off and not enough captured. You need snow the melt slowly and runs down the naturally formed streams into rivers and lakes. It can pour in the low lands and we see zero benefit from it, straight to the ocean. It has to snow in the high lands above the rivers and lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Rain is of little help unless you get an over abundance of it. Too much run off and not enough captured. You need snow the melt slowly and runs down the naturally formed streams into rivers and lakes. It can pour in the low lands and we see zero benefit from it, straight to the ocean. It has to snow in the high lands above the rivers and lakes.
    Yes, and because there is no snow (literally) there will be no runoff. No runoff means no streams, no rivers, and soon, no lakes. SoCal can syphon off the Colorado, but the spicot might be closed in the NoCal/Socal water system....

Quote Originally Posted by Tishimself View Post
    Yes, and because there is no snow (literally) there will be no runoff. No runoff means no streams, no rivers, and soon, no lakes. SoCal can syphon off the Colorado, but the spicot might be closed in the NoCal/Socal water system....
    SoCal already does syphon more than it's share from the Colo.