Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Ebola, can it or can't it?

What say ye? Pandemic or not?

What is to stop 20 or 30 infected people in western Africa from going into the West Bank, Gaza, Jerusalem and starting the beginning of the end??? Walking breathing time bombs...

The former variable, known as virulence, is high for Ebola. In general, WHO says, Ebola can have a 90 percent case fatality rate. The strain currently spreading through West Africa carries a 55 percent mortality rate, making it, on average, more deadly than the Bubonic Plague, Yellow Fever, SARS, or MERS—Middle East Respiratory Syndrome—which, since 2012, has infected at least 834 people and killed 288.

According to RMS, Ebola’s high virulence is mitigated by its low transmissibility. (As the researchers point out, virulence and transmission generally have an inverse relationship, as pathogens that readily kill their hosts have less time to spread). Ebola can only be transmitted through direct contact with bodily fluids. As such, each person infected with Ebola transmits the disease to only about 1.5 people. By comparison, each smallpox case, which is often transmitted through airborne droplets of saliva, produces about five new infections. And each measles infection, which also spreads through airborne saliva, can produces more than 10 new cases.

The balance between Ebola’s virulence and transmissibility means that, according to RMS, under proper conditions, an outbreak is unlikely to become a global pandemic

http://www.newsweek.com/study-sugges...andemic-266238
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Especially with the Southern border open the way it is like a swinging door, it would be easy for a "crazy" to purposely infect themselves and then cross the border and start coming in contact with the public, it would be almost impossible to find the person, don't kid yourself, it could happen.

Just read the man in Texas died.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Especially with the Southern border open the way it is like a swinging door, it would be easy for a "crazy" to purposely infect themselves and then cross the border and start coming in contact with the public, it would be almost impossible to find the person, don't kid yourself, it could happen.
    I dont see any way that the bad guys COULD be stopped... No matter if they take it to MX and up into the US or directly into NYC or if they take their time and go to Turkey then to Greece then to UK then to Canada then to ....................... OR to Indonesia then to Vietnam then to China then to.....................................??????????? ??

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Just read the man in Texas died.

CH3NO2
    yep, clearly there is NO CURE... and 55+% fatality rate...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 10-08-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

A second dude in Dallas, he came in contact with the guy who died today, what a friggin' mess.

I don't know about youall but I have ZERO faith in the CDC or the red cross's ability to contain/control anythng like this...

Climbing down off of my soap box now...

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I don't know about youall but I have ZERO faith in the CDC or the red cross's ability to contain/control anythng like this...

Climbing down off of my soap box now...

I'm with you Brother, like they would tell us if anything was wrong, yea, right.

I'm with you Brother, like they would tell us if anything was wrong, yea, right.
    I know some high ups at the red cross and some of the stories make me shutter... :(

A second dude in Dallas, he came in contact with the guy who died today, what a friggin' mess.

Not good, I just talked to my wife who is visiting our son in Frisco, TX. The second guy lives down the street from my son.