Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

No cell phones on planes

Why, why, why, we used to fly almost every other week in the winter when we lived at LOTO, not quite as much now because everything is further away (mostly Vegas), but even so, we still travel (fly) 7-8 times a year and it's one of the few times I didn't have to see or hear someone on a friggin' cell phone, like I want to sit next to someone yaking on a phone one foot from my ear for a three hour flight back to St. Louis.

Geez, I hope they don't change this and let this happen, I don't care about the texting crap, but not actually talking, that would be horrible.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Why, why, why, we used to fly almost every other week in the winter when we lived at LOTO, not quite as much now because everything is further away (mostly Vegas), but even so, we still travel (fly) 7-8 times a year and it's one of the few times I didn't have to see or hear someone on a friggin' cell phone, like I want to sit next to someone yaking on a phone one foot from my ear for a three hour flight back to St. Louis.

Geez, I hope they don't change this and let this happen, I don't care about the texting crap, but not actually talking, that would be horrible.
    Remember when they used to let you smoke on planes?

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    your starting to show your age there.....best thing they ever did!

I agree! I'd like to enjoy my cocktail in peace!
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

Hmmmm haven't heard that one. You can now keep your phone on under 10,000 but it has to be in airplane mode. Just a matter of time before that rule goes away. They have zero proof cell phones affect airplane electronics. Just the opposite I believe.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Get yourself and your S.O. a good pair of Sony or Koss cans and a splitter to keep in your backpack... Bawling babies, no problemo... Annoying neighbors, no problemo... you can listen to the same movie on your laptop or songs on your IPOD with the spliter... Your kids can play on the IPAD with the sound on, no problemo...

I didn't get the noise canceling type, I just got a quality pair of cans...

Dude, I did 150 flights (i kept track) national and international from 1985 - 1990 out of Ohare... The smoke was soooooooooooooo bad....... You couldnt see the front of the airplane if you were sitting in the back on the international flights.......

I didnt smoke but I may as well ahve... I dont mind being around it at all and go to concerts at small venues where it is a cloud BUT at least there is some air exchange...

The good ole days........
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 11-22-2013 at 11:11 AM.

I do and it sucked, I'm not a smoker, it was like being smashed in a tiny bar, it was disgusting.

I never flew on a plane with smoking.

I'm torn, on the left hand I like that my phone is off and We can get lost in our thoughts during a plane ride and no one can ask me for anything.

But, on the right hand...the one that predominately holds my phone, I think it's a great idea!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

"20 Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/travel...yingplanes130p
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    "20 Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/travel...yingplanes130p
    I'm guessing flatulating is on that list. Someone in very close proximity seriously needs to see his or hers (yikes) doctor asap, stat, pronto, call 911.

My nostrils have been damaged today, so disgusting.