Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey Grads- Folsom Beer Cans

One of my buddies just told me some people are fishing old beer cans worth 5-10k out of Folsom. Apparently there's more than gold up there.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    One of my buddies just told me some people are fishing old beer cans worth 5-10k out of Folsom. Apparently there's more than gold up there.
    Please tell me it doesn't look like this. I picked up this one yesterday, knew it was very old and threw it back. I've found a whole bunch, maybe I should start picking them up.

Name:  beer can.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  403.4 KB

GRADS
    This thread has really peaked my interest Cigalert....any other info??

Unforgiven
    I was watching on the news..said it's a historic site and no ones suppose to pick up anything...sorry Grads...you can pick up a bomb but no cans......

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    I was watching on the news..said it's a historic site and no ones suppose to pick up anything...sorry Grads...you can pick up a bomb but no cans......
    They say that....but the King of Folsom does what he wants.

What little I've learned from him...there are old houses...plaster walls and such. They get torn down and most of the time when plaster walls existed the rules were a little more loose. Guys would drink on the job and stuff their cans into the walls. So these house get torn down, remodeled and such...these crazy beer can collectors have paid over $100k for pristine cans stuffed into the walls. The high value cans are from small micro-brews from the early days whose life span was no more than a year or two. He said that with the deep cold water the cans in folsom are kept in pristine condition.

He has given me a few cans he's got in a few purchases for helping him out on a few favors that are well above $100 per can. I never knew this world existed but there are quite a few collectors that are willing to pay HUGE amounts of money for cans that are in perfect shape or are extremely rare. And from what I've heard, rare unopened cans are worth even more.

But they have to be the right can from the right time period, the right top and the right print/logo/brewery. It's weird....I haven't been able to really decipher a pattern. A 1930's can in pristine shape might only bring you $25 while some 1-off micro brew from Milwaukee from 1972, banged up to shit and rusted to hell will bring $25000 because they only had 1 production run with that particular can.

I have a feeling you should be looking for something like this...

And a little more if you want to see some values....there's 41 people watching this auction

ebay cans

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    They say that....but the King of Folsom does what he wants.
    I'm thinking Department of Homeland security might think differently.

GRADS
    I found this one today. It's in pretty good condition considering it's been underwater for decades. The bottom of the can is like no other one I have seen. Maybe the old timers can chime in.

My buddy said "that's worth 0.25 cents...and that's not a quarter". Find any planes?