PDA

View Full Version : Brand New P550 Crackerbox

rivergames
01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Well... The ole girl had a good run, but she just can't keep up with the big M&D Power built by Tony Costantino. The ole' wood 550 now sits on top of the shop until I have time to replace the keel, battons, frames, and bottom.

rivergames
01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
I contacted Tom Patterson a few months ago about a new boat he had laid up. Tri Directional glass on the sides & Deck, carbon fiber bottom with a balsa core. The new boat is SOLID. I am heading to Vegas this weekend and picking up the new boat. More pics to follow

rivergames
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
More rigging

Wheeler
01-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Looks Great!

obnoxious001
01-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Cool deal. I wouldn't mind getting a test ride in a cracker box sometime. Years ago someone mentioned something about me being a passenger in races, but wasn't sure I trusted the driver!

The Doctor
01-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Awesome new boat Andrew! Can't wait to watch her fly! Oh, and you can take Obnoxious out twice because I'll pass on ever sitting in one of those crazy machines! :D

obnoxious001
01-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Awesome new boat Andrew! Can't wait to watch her fly! Oh, and you can take Obnoxious out twice because I'll pass on ever sitting in one of those crazy machines! :D

If you think about it,, should be an easier landing sitting in the back of the boat, but you had better trust the driver!

wolfie
01-11-2013, 12:20 AM
I took my wife to her first circle boat race in Burley last year (I used to go to Marine Stadium when I was younger). She loved the races but absolutely loved to watch the crackerboxes! She's already told her new boss that she's taking off that weekend this year.

K-034
01-11-2013, 05:45 AM
Congrats on the new boat and keep the pics coming, can't wait to see it race, it looks bitchen

HB Vic
01-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Beautiful boat!!

RitcheyRch
01-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Looks good.

Mitch
01-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Bad Ass looks like it has all the good stuff !!!!

rivergames
01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Cool deal. I wouldn't mind getting a test ride in a cracker box sometime. Years ago someone mentioned something about me being a passenger in races, but wasn't sure I trusted the driver!

You are more than welcome to come out to Irvine when we test in March or Arpil. They are a blast to drive. I hate riding though!

obnoxious001
01-21-2013, 12:16 PM
You are more than welcome to come out to Irvine when we test in March or Arpil. They are a blast to drive. I hate riding though!

I might be up for that! I guess any time you ride in a boat at speed you would feel more comfortable knowing and trusting the driver.

crazyhippy
01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Passenger in a cracker can't be any worse than observing for a ski race... at least you get to see what's coming;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

obnoxious001
01-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Passenger in a cracker can't be any worse than observing for a ski race... at least you get to see what's coming;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I have been plenty fast in ski race boats, but they are usually not flat on the bottom,, with a snarling engine sitting right in front of you!

I've been riding and driving fast boats(oh yeah, skied behind a few too) for over 40 years,, I know this would be a different deal! Only wore earplugs in a few loud, blown ski race boats,, got to bet you need them in a cracker with the headers in front of you!

GotHalos
01-21-2013, 11:40 PM

I wouldn't mind heading down and throwing a few cameras on it if you are interested.

NdaWind
01-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Saw Crackerbox races for the first time in person at Bayfair then at the worlds last year they look like they are really having fun. Wife is a big fan also always up on her feet rooting especially for 550:Banane21:

rivergames
01-22-2013, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind heading down and throwing a few cameras on it if you are interested.

I'm game. I'll let you know when we test. Word on the street, is that we might have a makeshift cracker race at the river to test the boats before Our race in Irvine. Throw out 2 turn bouyies and have some fun

rivergames
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Saw Crackerbox races for the first time in person at Bayfair then at the worlds last year they look like they are really having fun. Wife is a big fan also always up on her feet rooting especially for 550:Banane21:

1 free womans T'shirt to your wife for being a dedicated fan. She can collect the next time she watches us run :thumbsUp:

rivergames
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I have been plenty fast in ski race boats, but they are usually not flat on the bottom,, with a snarling engine sitting right in front of you!

I've been riding and driving fast boats(oh yeah, skied behind a few too) for over 40 years,, I know this would be a different deal! Only wore earplugs in a few loud, blown ski race boats,, got to bet you need them in a cracker with the headers in front of you!

I know I should be wearing earplugs, but I don't. Its not that bad with a full face helmet. I guess when the adrenaline is pumping, it cancells the sound out.

rivergames
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/23/de2azu2y.jpg

Made the drysump bracket last weekend. I gotta take pics of the rest of the shit we got done to her. Also found a spot in gardena that will strip and powder coat the whole trailer for $400. My jaw dropped when he gave me that price

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

obnoxious001
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm game. I'll let you know when we test. Word on the street, is that we might have a makeshift cracker race at the river to test the boats before Our race in Irvine. Throw out 2 turn bouyies and have some fun
Might want to get the official "testing" permit so you don't get busted for noise or something.

GotHalos
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM

Sounds good! Please keep me in the loop :D I'm down for both events, love these boats! I imagine the ride being similar to my days in a Lothringer 12 car.

400$ for all of that, sounds like a steal to me.

rivergames
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Might want to get the official "testing" permit so you don't get busted for noise or something.

Not gonna be in Parker due to noise nazi's

rivergames
01-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Sounds good! Please keep me in the loop :D I'm down for both events, love these boats! I imagine the ride being similar to my days in a Lothringer 12 car.

400$ for all of that, sounds like a steal to me.

Will do :thumbsUp:

obnoxious001
01-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Not gonna be in Parker due to noise nazi's

As far as I know, you can still get a testing permit to allow you to test a race boat there. Heck, I got a noise ticket 20 years ago with my blown Schiada the day before a ski race while I was warming up my engine,, I think I was still under 3000 RPM when he stopped me. Told him I had mufflers at the trailer but we were racing the next day. He said I could go get the mufflers after he wrote me a ticket, but in future I could get a testing permit. Nice guy!

rivergames
01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
As far as I know, you can still get a testing permit to allow you to test a race boat there. Heck, I got a noise ticket 20 years ago with my blown Schiada the day before a ski race while I was warming up my engine,, I think I was still under 3000 RPM when he stopped me. Told him I had mufflers at the trailer but we were racing the next day. He said I could go get the mufflers after he wrote me a ticket, but in future I could get a testing permit. Nice guy!

I don't think their test permits would allow 4 crackerboxs throwin a few bouys (pretty much empty water bottles tied with string tied to a rock) out in the water and havin at it

kevnmcd
01-23-2013, 03:00 PM

I wouldn't mind knowing when this takes place so I could come down and check it out. Irvine lake is just down the road from my house. :D

HB Vic
03-26-2013, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't mind knowing when this takes place so I could come down and check it out. Irvine lake is just down the road from my house. :D

May 3-5th. You gonna race her???