PDA

View Full Version : Havasu/Parker June 2020

HB Vic
06-16-2020, 11:09 AM
Got to spend a little time out in Havasu and Parker last couple weeks. What else ya gonna do when your jobs are on hold due to this corona bullshit. Thank god I saved a little dough. Not sure what I was thinking when I bought the M29. Probably wasn't. But the Raptor was getting eaten alive, so I have to upsize my truck as well. Swore I'd never go back to a SD F250, but this isn't any ordinary truck. Its pretty bad ass. Creature comforts surpass the Raptor, which I didnt think was possible.

The Raptor just could not handle the weight. We launched at Cat Tail one day and the boat did its best to take the Raptor down the ramp. Thats when I decided it was time for a bigger truck.

Pretty good squat on the Raptor.

Its not a 2020, but I could not pass up the discount on a brand new 2019 Platinum. Such an awesome truck. All it needs is a little lift and some bling and I'll be set for awhile.

Havasu was an absolute blast. The water was not great, but the M did fantastic. We literally could go almost as fast as we wanted to. I kept it under 100 for the most part. 80-90 seemed to be where she wanted to be. We launched on the Springs one day and went all the way to Pirates and back and only used 50 gallons of fuel. Even the Smartcraft agreed. 1.8MPG. You just can't beat that, unless you're using eggbeaters lol.

On another day we launched at Cat Tail and headed up toward the channel. Barley Brothers for lunch. Got a pretty good parking spot next to a pretty bad ass tri-toon.

No idea why its posting sideways lol.

Parker was also a blast. But I gotta tell you, I hope this corona bullshit is over soon. Even midweek right now is busy. Good for the economy I guess but holy shit.

Took an old friends parents for a ride. It was pretty busy out so we kept it slow until we were close to the Bluewater. Then I bumped it up to around 80. I'm sorry to say I may have scared his dad. Definitely not intentional. Like I told them, If I scare a passenger to me I failed. But his mom was fine and wanted to go faster, so it wasn't a total loss lol.

Got to spend a lot of time with good friends. Got to see some old friends. And got to see some people I'd prefer not to see at all. But hey, can't keep the riff raff out of everywhere right? lmao.

All-in-all a great month and looking forward to the next trip. Hopefully this weekend :)

jordy
06-16-2020, 10:44 PM
Parking next to the Spooled Up crew will cost you money as you'll need to invest in a few more to round out the fleet. :thumbsUp:

framer1
06-17-2020, 05:25 AM
Nice looking boat...What engine package does it have?

HB Vic
06-17-2020, 09:36 AM

565’s [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
06-17-2020, 10:45 AM

I literally shed a tear when the F26 rolled away. 12yrs. Loved that boat. And I thought of you when it sold. Still appreciate you selling it to me. I took excellent care of her and she was a great boat. I hope the new owners take as good care of her that we did.

framer1
06-18-2020, 09:00 AM
I literally shed a tear when the F26 rolled away. 12yrs. Loved that boat. And I thought of you when it sold. Still appreciate you selling it to me. I took excellent care of her and she was a great boat. I hope the new owners take as good care of her that we did.

I'm sure he will take of it. Fourteen years old and still an expensive boat. Now that i think about it maybe that isn't an expensive any more.:-) Enjoy your new boat....

2manymustangs
06-18-2020, 03:31 PM
Awesome looking set up Vic, congratulations on that nice 2019 truck :)

I will be in N.B. the end of July/early August and would like to catch up, were staying down south since we don't really have ties in L.B./S.B. anymore except for LBX Dave and he's darn near impossible to pin down for pizza at Marie's :wedgie: