PDA

View Full Version : Rough Holiday for us

HB Vic
11-27-2018, 11:33 AM
What started out as a fairly normal after Thanksgiving boat ride turned in to my biggest nightmare yet.

Surreal really. Looking around after regaining consciousness and not seeing my girl was beyond surreal. It was devastating.

Apparently i suffered the more severe injuries so they flew me to Goodyear. Marlee was transported to Havasu. Though I’m not certain how they determine who flies, she sure seems as bad off as i am. And the worst part is i haven’t seen her since that day.

I’m not going to go in to any details. And i won’t share the extent of our injuries. I will say that we will both be just fine. In time.

And i will say thank you very much to the first responders. To our friends Scot and Keli, and especially to my friend Kevin. Without his knowledge and quick actions, who knows, i may not be here total. And a huge thank you to Rob and Marie Ackerman for taking care of my parents. You guys rock.

So many friends helped i was amazed. Thank you all so very much!!

I will say this. This accident has brought my family and even some friends so much closer to me and us it’s overwhelming. The love and support almost makes me scratch my head. Me? Why?

My parents have been there for me and i know Marlee’s parents have been there for her. I can’t express the deep gratitude i have for these people and for everyone who helped, visited us, or contacted us through text or social media.

And a special shout out to Tyro 460. Good to see you brother and thank you for stopping by. Means a lot!!

I will try to update here a little. But out of respect for Marlee i will keep it minimal. Personally i don’t care as I’m a media whore, so you may see more on me soon lol

Thank you all and god bless you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rioracr
11-27-2018, 01:50 PM
just glad to know you and marlee will make a full recovery...was looking for ya friday nite and saturday taking pics when I heard, hope you two are healing and will be back on the water soon....

Ductape1000
11-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Sorry to see you guys going through this.
Heal well and soon.

rschap1
11-28-2018, 10:40 AM
Holy cow
Heal up
Get well soon
Speedy recoveries ! ! !

jordy
11-28-2018, 06:08 PM
Offer still stands if you need anything.

HB Vic
11-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Offer still stands if you need anything.

Thanks Jordy!

2manymustangs
11-28-2018, 07:35 PM
Oh my... Im glad to see you typing here but WTH???

Im sorry that I wasn't on to see this sooner Vic... :(

Please keep us up to date sir...

MarleeHill
11-28-2018, 08:25 PM
Thanks for posting something babe, but I don’t mind what you share.

Yes, it was insane & from what I’ve heard, you & I were doing the same thing, which is just panicking over where the other is!
Yes, our injuries are bad & yes, it was an awful accident, but all I care about is that you & I are recovering & we are going to recover completely.

This could have been so much worse & I still am DYING over the fact that I still haven’t been able to see you, but I am so thankful to have been able to hear your voice every day.
I feel very, very fortunate that both of us are here for another day, and I am so thankful, fortunate & blessed by all the calls, texts, Facebook messages & visitors that I am still receiving every day.
I am so thankful for Vic’s parents for being there with him every day, & I am very thankful for mine being by my side every day as well. I am so, so thankful to Rob Ackerman for not leaving my side until I was in the ambulance & for keeping me calm, even though all you told me was that Vic had a broken nose :) & for Kevin Monsoor for staying by my man & making sure he was okay as well. I will forever be grateful to the two of you!!!!

Thank you all again SO much for all your love, thoughts, prayers & messages to both Vic & myself. We sure do need all the positivity we can get. I know we have a long road ahead of us. Plus — I have a wedding we still need to plan! [emoji12]

2manymustangs
11-29-2018, 07:18 AM
Thanks for posting something babe, but I don’t mind what you share.

Yes, it was insane & from what I’ve heard, you & I were doing the same thing, which is just panicking over where the other is!
Yes, our injuries are bad & yes, it was an awful accident, but all I care about is that you & I are recovering & we are going to recover completely.

This could have been so much worse & I still am DYING over the fact that I still haven’t been able to see you, but I am so thankful to have been able to hear your voice every day.
I feel very, very fortunate that both of us are here for another day, and I am so thankful, fortunate & blessed by all the calls, texts, Facebook messages & visitors that I am still receiving every day.
I am so thankful for Vic’s parents for being there with him every day, & I am very thankful for mine being by my side every day as well. I am so, so thankful to Rob Ackerman for not leaving my side until I was in the ambulance & for keeping me calm, even though all you told me was that Vic had a broken nose :) & for Kevin Monsoor for staying by my man & making sure he was okay as well. I will forever be grateful to the two of you!!!!

Thank you all again SO much for all your love, thoughts, prayers & messages to both Vic & myself. We sure do need all the positivity we can get. I know we have a long road ahead of us. Plus — I have a wedding we still need to plan! [emoji12]

So awesome to see that you both are doing well and in good spirits!

Father God, we lift up our friends for your care and support. We thank you for the wisdom you grant to the first responders/nurses/doctors and thank you for the resources that allowed for speedy treatment of our friends.

We entrust our friends into your caring hands for the future healing that is required to restore Vic and Marlee to full health and fellowship with family and friends.

We thank you for the miracles and blessings you grant us daily, we thank you for your GRACE, not through our own goodness or works but your GRACE (Unearned favor in Gods eyes).

It was GRACE that put your SON on the cross for each of us personally, we can't understand WHY you love us so, and care for us, but we say thank you for your GRACE, care, blessings.

AMEN!

jordy
11-29-2018, 10:27 AM
Plus — I have a wedding we still need to plan! [emoji12]

I might know of a minister who does a great job if you need one. :action-smiley-035:

MarleeHill
11-29-2018, 10:37 AM
I might know of a minister who does a great job if you need one. :action-smiley-035:

It just so happens that we do need one!!

rioracr
11-29-2018, 02:04 PM
good to hear you in good spirits Marlee, haven't met you as yet but will one day, keep the positive thoughts as you and Vic heal....

MarleeHill
11-29-2018, 06:19 PM
Nice to e-meet you!! I’m sure we’ll get to meet one day. We’ll be alright. Luckily my mom is a 2-time cancer kicker & she’s been here with me & I’m feeling just as strong as she has been. We’re calling me the Mini Wonder Woman [emoji12]
I’m more concerned now about getting Vic home. It’s killing me that we haven’t been able to see each other since it happened [emoji17]

I just got released from the hospital (FINALLY) & am now more eager than ever to just get Vic home. Hopefully he’s only a day or two behind me. He’s stubborn; if he can put up living with me & actually wants to marry me, then this will be a cake walk for him! [emoji23]
It’ll be a long road, but with all the continued love, support, positive thoughts & prayers, we will get through this. Thank you all, again, SO much.

Tamalewagon
12-03-2018, 11:00 AM
Thank God you are both recovering and are on the road to a full recovery.

Mrs.K034
12-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Vic, you really need to post more updates!

framer1
12-05-2018, 06:42 AM
Vic, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you feel better soon. Bruce

HB Vic
12-05-2018, 10:47 AM

True. So I was released from the hospital last Saturday. I believe Marlee was released a couple days prior. We're both doing well. Marlee definitely has much more to deal with as her ankle will take longer to heal than my ribs. I'm doing pretty damn good considering my injuries. We're both very lucky. Looking at the pontoon yesterday, its a miracle that we're both alive really. The damage is extensive and definitely beyond repair. Not that I care.

Our focus is getting Marlee healed and walking without a walker or crutches. But before that happens we have to get her home. Which is turning out to be a big deal. Fortunately her parents have been by her side since the day of the accident and have the ability to stay with her until she's healed. So thankful for them!!!

Thank you all for your calls, texts, notes, and even some who visited us in the hospital. Super grateful for you all.

HB Vic
12-05-2018, 10:48 AM

And a HUGE thank you both for visiting her and getting her phone for me. You guys rock!!!! Love you both!

Lifes Rough
12-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Hi Vic, Glad you two are on the mend. Let me know if you need anything
Pat

HB Vic
12-06-2018, 03:58 PM
Hi Vic, Glad you two are on the mend. Let me know if you need anything
Pat

I’m finally home after 3 weeks of being away and 8 days in the hospital lol

Marlee will be back Saturday.

Thank you Pat!

Mrs.K034
12-06-2018, 06:25 PM
And a HUGE thank you both for visiting her and getting her phone for me. You guys rock!!!! Love you both!

Of course! Love you guys too! ♥️ Can’t wait to see you guys healing together!

MarleeHill
12-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Of course! Love you guys too! [emoji3531] Can’t wait to see you guys healing together!

I can’t even begin to express how thankful I am for you & Chris. You two made my time in the hospital not seem so bad or so long!! Even for my parents, my dad especially, was so excited every time you guys would come in. It was like the one positive thing from the experience. I will never be able to thank you both enough!!!

We are on the road to recovery - Vic is finally home & ready to go back to work. I’m struggling because I’m bored out of my mind & going stir crazy just sitting on my ass in Havasu & not being able to do anything or leave the house. I keep doing laps around the kitchen in our friends house here as my way of trying to walk & not just sit around so much. I have follow up appointments with my orthopedic surgeon & appointments to get my stitches & staples out tomorrow & then I’ll finally be joining Vic back in HB. I’m so ready to get up & out, but doctor says no walking for 3 months. Hopefully I can get some better news tomorrow [emoji1694][emoji1694]
I’m just so, so happy that Vic is feeling somewhat better & is okay enough to be home & feeling up to going back to work. But, then again, I’ve never wanted to go back to work so bad in my life!!!

Thank you again, all, SO much for all the continued thoughts, prayers, positive thoughts, visits, messages & phone calls. We need all of it that we can get right now!
My goal is to be up & walking with no back, neck or knee brace by Opening Day [emoji1694]

HB Vic
12-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Looks like we're both getting stitches and staples removed today. Finally. These things are driving me crazy. Although I did manage to shave right over the ones on my upper lip. Guess they'll have to dig those out.

I want to thank everyone again who called, texted, and visited. Tyro 460 you're a good man! Carla M. Chris and Candace. And the others. Thank you sooo much.

Back to the real world today for me. Dealing with insurance. Work. Bills. Hopefully should be back to work Monday as long as my doc says I'm not going to die.

Sleeping has been a bitch. There is no comfortable position after breaking 10 ribs. Standing is about the closest. So I need to figure something out because popping pain pills at 530am to sleep for 3hrs wont last long.

Mrs.K034
12-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Soooooo good to hear! And the Marlee gets to head home today! Amazing! Hope you find a way to get some sleep!

K-034
12-10-2018, 02:55 PM
We are all a big dysfunctional boating family, we help each other out. We are happy to here you guys are healing up.

Mrs.K034
12-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Sooo, Vic how was work? Getting any sleep with them broken ribs?
Marlee, how is it back at the house?

HB Vic
12-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Sleeping is almost impossible. Although i got almost 4hrs straight last night. Most of my nights consist of moving from the bed to chair to couch about every hour or two at the most.

There just isn’t a comfortable position.

Most of my sleep (1-2hrs) comes almost immediately after taking a pain pill lol

MarleeHill
12-12-2018, 06:45 PM
It’s okay being back home. I’m just bored out of my mind & I think driving Vic crazy because all I’m able to do is sit on my phone & big him or sit & watch tv. Catching up on Netflix. Lol. But I’m getting up & around more every day. I’m ready to be home home & be with Vic. I’m going stir crazy wanting to get out of the house!

2manymustangs
12-14-2018, 12:15 PM
It’s okay being back home. I’m just bored out of my mind & I think driving Vic crazy because all I’m able to do is sit on my phone & big him or sit & watch tv. Catching up on Netflix. Lol. But I’m getting up & around more every day. I’m ready to be home home & be with Vic. I’m going stir crazy wanting to get out of the house!

Marlee, you should watch all of the OZARK mini series so you're prepared for a trip to lake of the ozarks with Vic :D

Im so relieved to know your both home and on the mend!

HB Vic
12-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Marlee, you should watch all of the OZARK mini series so you're prepared for a trip to lake of the ozarks with Vic :D

I’m seriously going to try and do LOTO next year. But this time i want to spend the entire week there and visit more than just Captain Ron’s.

2manymustangs
12-14-2018, 12:36 PM
I’m seriously going to try and do LOTO next year. But this time i want to spend the entire week there and visit more than just Captain Ron’s.

well, lets make a plan! :buddies:

MarleeHill
12-14-2018, 01:51 PM

I’ve always wanted to go to that! I’m definitely in!! Vic lucked out & gets my flight benefits, so it’s easy enough to get there, as long as we can both get the time off [emoji12]

Good to know! I need good Netflix recommendations!

jordy
12-18-2018, 10:01 AM
I’m seriously going to try and do LOTO next year.

Going to enter in the pontoon class? Too soon? Don't laugh as that shit has to hurt. :biggrin:

HB Vic
12-18-2018, 12:43 PM
Going to enter in the pontoon class? Too soon? Don't laugh as that shit has to hurt. :biggrin:

Made an offer on another toon, going to check it out Friday. Too soon? lol nope :)

2manymustangs
12-18-2018, 02:59 PM

:shock:

MarleeHill
12-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Made an offer on another toon, going to check it out Friday. Too soon? lol nope :)

You’re lucky you have a fiancé that has boating in her blood [emoji12]

jordy
12-18-2018, 07:50 PM

There's no such thing as too soon.

2manymustangs
12-19-2018, 06:51 AM
Maybe Vic and Marlee would enjoy a vintage Sanger Hydro Vdrive (project) instead of a pontoon this go around... ;)

https://youtu.be/rQD7mnFU5rw

jordy
12-19-2018, 10:55 AM

A 28' with twin 400R outboards could be a contender at LOTO. :yes:

HB Vic
12-19-2018, 08:59 PM
A 28' with twin 400R outboards could be a contender at LOTO. :yes:

Who the hell would put good whackers like those on a fucking barge?

I don’t get these monster toons with twin whackers. Talk about a pig with lipstick [emoji23]

jordy
12-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Who the hell would put good whackers like those on a fucking barge?

I don’t get these monster toons with twin whackers. Talk about a pig with lipstick [emoji23]

They're basically a cat with no training wheel. Sketchy as fuck when you see them run at speed. Should be right up your alley. BNAG! :wink2:

HB Vic
12-20-2018, 09:22 AM
They're basically a cat with no training wheel. Sketchy as fuck when you see them run at speed. Should be right up your alley. BNAG! :wink2:

So a lead corvette? Lol okay

jordy
12-20-2018, 09:37 AM
So a lead corvette? Lol okay

That's polished aluminum. Makes it faster! :lmao1: