PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if owned "hotboat.com ?

2FORCEFULL
02-13-2018, 02:41 PM
first thing I would do is make it a hotboat site....as in .. the main forum would be just about boats, like the political section, boat only threads..
next the sand bar would be a separate section..social type form section...next I would have plenty of swag type item's, as I feel that t's and hats would carry the cost of the forum...then I would have an advertisers section, and make it affordable..and have main sections like, boat, offroad, remodel, pro services,...offer a get you in type deal with free advertising for a period...there's plenty of traffic at this site, so there is a value there...

HB Vic
02-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Everything’s for sale. You should know that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
02-13-2018, 03:05 PM
You could own this site for a lot less than one of your houses

PM me your offer :)

314joey
02-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Sounds like you've got a buyer Vic.

HB Vic
02-13-2018, 04:48 PM

Just gotta be careful with this one. He’s shrewd.

I think he has a couple houses he doesn’t use. Maybe a trade is in order? [emoji41]

HB Vic
02-13-2018, 06:17 PM
Hey wait.....i own Hotboat.com [emoji23]

jordy
02-13-2018, 06:23 PM

I was thinking the same thing. :thumbsUp:

I think he has a couple houses he doesn’t use. Maybe a trade is in order? [emoji41]

I think 2 houses would be a good start, especially with new stickers in a variety of colors. :grad:

HB Vic
02-13-2018, 06:46 PM
I’ve always wanted a house in Vegas [emoji41]

314joey
02-14-2018, 06:19 AM
Where's 2 FF..................crickets.

HB Vic
02-14-2018, 01:25 PM
If I owned Hotboat.com I would spend tens of thousands of dollars sponsoring events, shows, races, racers and give-a-way stuff like 2,000 T shirts, 5,000 coozies (at least), 4-5,000 stickers. Shit, maybe even $100K over a 5yr period.

Oh wait.....I did that :)

ChumpChange
02-14-2018, 03:04 PM
It just drives you to work harder during your day job! lol

ChumpChange
02-14-2018, 03:05 PM
If I owned Hotboat.com, I'd change my ScreenName to HB Mateo.

2FORCEFULL
02-14-2018, 05:27 PM
Where's 2 FF..................crickets.
the idea behind the thread was for other to add ideas to make Hotboat a better place

HB Vic
02-14-2018, 06:01 PM
the idea behind the thread was for other to add ideas to make Hotboat a better place

Yes i agree. You buying it would make it a better place [emoji41]

76Bonneville
02-14-2018, 10:44 PM
If I owned Hotboat.com I would spend tens of thousands of dollars sponsoring events, shows, races, racers and give-a-way stuff like 2,000 T shirts, 5,000 coozies (at least), 4-5,000 stickers. Shit, maybe even $100K over a 5yr period.

Sounds like a great tax write off.

2manymustangs
02-15-2018, 10:24 AM

ahahahahahahah :) and we deeply appreciate your loyalty to the events my friend...

I left another site because they were more interested in the almighty $$$ versus truly supporting performance boating, that site is now a shell of it's former self (I'm not talking about RDP)...

I'm just glad that we can banter here, visit, stay connected in this fast paced world where we are constantly run run run running from appointment to appointment...

Over the years we have all tried to bring key players here from various race/performance boat types (drag/circle/GN/Cracker/P- offshore/SVL/hull manufacturers/top fuel teams), folks like Billy and Harlan O. and Gordy and C.Straub/Steelcomp that have a steady stream of content to share... For whatever reason it just doesn't work out as planned. People are busy and putting up content takes time to do it right...

2FF, I thoroughly enjoy your posts about your projects. I look it as being part of boating even if its about your tow vehicle/RV/HOME project because in some way it relates to your BOATING CENTRIC lifestyle...

Vic's trips to work on the C.Express, well because we all associate Catalina with pleasure or race boating or the ski race...

my 2 cents... :popcorn:

2manymustangs
02-15-2018, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a great tax write off.

Anything/everything can be a good tax write off if you approach it correctly, especially a boating website owned by someone that likes to go to Parker/races/shows... :stir: Be creative...

Regular "corporate" meetings in Vegas, for your "nevada corp/LLC"........ :hmmm:

76Bonneville
02-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Anything/everything can be a good tax write off if you approach it correctly, especially a boating website owned by someone that likes to go to Parker/races/shows... :stir: Be creative...

Regular "corporate" meetings in Vegas, for your "nevada corp/LLC"........ :hmmm:

All my racing expenses are classified as advertising.
Works fine for the write off side of it, but the wife, she still see's it as an expense.
If she ever look at the books, our racing days could be over. Haha

2manymustangs
02-16-2018, 07:40 AM
All my racing expenses are classified as advertising.
Works fine for the write off side of it, but the wife, she still see's it as an expense.
If she ever look at the books, our racing days could be over. Haha

:LMAOsmiley: the spousal component is another story for sure... :punch: