PDA

View Full Version : Video Cameras

Mrs.K034
02-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Ok so we really need to start getting some good videos at our races and looking to invest in a video camera. We

HB Vic
02-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Stupid tapatalk cut you off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs.K034
02-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Stupid tapatalk cut you off

Fuck!

HB Vic
02-04-2018, 09:10 PM
But you want a video camera who will do many things. Hugh speed; slow speed. High res. You

2manymustangs
02-05-2018, 10:53 AM
I'm a fan of the flexibility of GoPros, and having the cameras on the boat/inside the capsule/on the side of the boat/wherever... If you get good with them you can use them around you pit with a small tripod and get some decent video..... HOWEVER it's not going to do anything like SHARPSHOOTER/Jerry OR the video capability of a full frame (or crop sensor) DSLR Cannon/NIKON...

At any rate they are cheap and can go many places that a DSLR or traditional video camera CANT go... :)

riverrunner1984
02-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Can you strap a couple go pros to that thing while racing or will they come off with the speed?

Mrs.K034
02-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Can you strap a couple go pros to that thing while racing or will they come off with the speed?

Yes, we have! They run them on the top fuel boats too.

Mrs.K034
02-06-2018, 06:15 PM
I'm a fan of the flexibility of GoPros, and having the cameras on the boat/inside the capsule/on the side of the boat/wherever... If you get good with them you can use them around you pit with a small tripod and get some decent video..... HOWEVER it's not going to do anything like SHARPSHOOTER/Jerry OR the video capability of a full frame (or crop sensor) DSLR Cannon/NIKON...

At any rate they are cheap and can go many places that a DSLR or traditional video camera CANT go... :)

Yeah, we are looking for a beach camera on a tripod. Need to find a good one.

Sharp shooter
02-09-2018, 04:41 PM
Yeah, we are looking for a beach camera on a tripod. Need to find a good one.

Panasonic HC-VX870K and a good fluid head tripod. Regarding the tripod, I like to go to the camera store and mess around with them in person.

The tripod is more important than most people realize. I can make almost any average camera look good with a decent fluid head tripod. :)