PDA

View Full Version : Flu bug going around

foxfam312
01-07-2018, 10:28 AM
Wife woke up Yesterday morning sick as hell, hit here like a ton of bricks, it seems like everyone I talked to has it or is getting over it, they say the cough is the worst, stays with you for 5 to 6 week's I hate being sick, I don't do well at it.

HB Vic
01-07-2018, 10:57 AM
I

HB Vic
01-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Damn tapatalk sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB Vic
01-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Anyway I

jordy
01-07-2018, 01:08 PM
It's nasty here as well. One of my fire captain buddies out on the west side of town said that 17 local hospitals were rerouting the other night because the ER's were overrun with morons with the flu who decided to head to the ER for treatment

westair
01-07-2018, 01:43 PM
My wife has it bad now ..... doing everything I can to avoid it all but probably a matter of time

314joey
01-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Had it back in January earlier this year, hope I don't get it this year, it blew chunks.

Milkmoney
01-07-2018, 04:29 PM
I am on vacation and got thus head cold. Pissed me off [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2manymustangs
01-07-2018, 05:30 PM
I started with it the FIRST time just after Thanksgiving, got the ZPAK meds, then started with it again just two weeks ago and got the big horse pill antibiotics and two forms of prednisone steroids...

The URGENTCARE doctor that made my scripts said that the ZPAK isn't strong enough for the potential bronchitis which I ended up with, the cough is THE WORST!!!! :(

Im told that you are contagious 24 hours prior to your first symptoms and 5-6 days AFTER the first sign of symptoms

spike morelli
01-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I had it just before Christmas......although It seems most people I've talked to have it worse than I did. I did miss one day from work, but I can usually go to work even with a cold, however, I got some offshoot of a bad sinus headache that one day. It's been two weeks now, I'm good, never had the cough, just headcold stuff.
The old joke is that you catch it "from sleeping next to an open crack"......Hmmmmmm

K-034
01-08-2018, 05:35 AM
Candace was sicker then hell all weekend with the flu, she is still sick. A friend of ours works in the hospital out here she said over 2,000 cases of the flu so far just at the hospital. Havasu got hit hard too with the bug.

2manymustangs
01-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I had it just before Christmas......although It seems most people I've talked to have it worse than I did. I did miss one day from work, but I can usually go to work even with a cold, however, I got some offshoot of a bad sinus headache that one day. It's been two weeks now, I'm good, never had the cough, just headcold stuff.
The old joke is that you catch it "from sleeping next to an open crack"......Hmmmmmm

"Crack kills" :drown:

Candace was sicker then hell all weekend with the flu, she is still sick. Agree don't of ours works in the hospital out here she said over 2,000 cases of the flu so far just at the hospital. Havasu got hit hard too with the bug.

Take good care of CandACE!!! When mama aint happy, aint NOBODY happy... ;)

riverrunner1984
01-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Who believes in and takes the flu shot?
I never had one and am pretty damn healthy ...as I knock on wood....lol

HB Vic
01-08-2018, 02:25 PM

I'm fighting that shit right now. Never had a flu shot, never will as far as I'm concerned. Too much foreign shit in them.

riverrunner1984
01-08-2018, 03:58 PM
I'm fighting that shit right now. Never had a flu shot, never will as far as I'm concerned. Too much foreign shit in them.

I agree.
I know someone that is pregnant and the DR basically, more or less, told her she NEEDS to get one.
She said the pregnancy one is a different strain or its all active or some bullshit like that lol.

ChumpChange
01-08-2018, 05:26 PM
I agree.
I know someone that is pregnant and the DR basically, more or less, told her she NEEDS to get one.
She said the pregnancy one is a different strain or its all active or some bullshit like that lol.

I wonder how much doctors get per shot because it's overrated. My wife never got one when it was bad.

spike morelli
01-08-2018, 08:47 PM

Oh sure, I get a flu shot every year. Who knows what strain you'll catch, so the shot is just throwing the dice. I got the flu...just not the one I was preventing. My Insurance covers preventative medicine. Every year when I get a Physical, any shots or preventative medicine is covered, stuff like Flu shots, Shingles shots, Tetanus, whatever. My Mom ( now some years passed ) was a RN ( Registered Nurse ), and I grew up with the straight skinny on medicine. I take no medications on a regular basis, I'm pretty healthy in general, but now and again, "better living through Chemistry" as is warranted.

K-034
01-09-2018, 05:55 AM

Not me, I've never had the flu shot and my company pays for them, I also don't use hand sanitizer religiously either. It seem like the people that are germaphobic are the ones that get sick more often

El Toro
01-09-2018, 08:13 AM
so far so good, but I always get a flu shot. one of my dogs is sick if that counts....

jordy
01-09-2018, 09:48 AM

I got a flu shot one time about 18 years ago and I've never been so sick in my life, aside from the MRSA bout. Did it once, never again. It's a crap shoot to begin with.

As far as the hand sanitizer, that goes hand in hand with the over-prescription of antibiotics. Your body needs to be exposed to the germs to know how to fight them. They like to get crazy handing out z-packs for the common cold, which doesn't do anything against a virus.

riverrunner1984
01-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Oh sure, I get a flu shot every year. Who knows what strain you'll catch, so the shot is just throwing the dice. I got the flu...just not the one I was preventing. My Insurance covers preventative medicine. Every year when I get a Physical, any shots or preventative medicine is covered, stuff like Flu shots, Shingles shots, Tetanus, whatever. My Mom ( now some years passed ) was a RN ( Registered Nurse ), and I grew up with the straight skinny on medicine. I take no medications on a regular basis, I'm pretty healthy in general, but now and again, "better living through Chemistry" as is warranted.

I am with you. I hate taking meds....If I do, I take an IBprofine 800 for some knee pain.....or a hang over lol
Other than that, I hate meds.

riverrunner1984
01-09-2018, 04:01 PM
I got a flu shot one time about 18 years ago and I've never been so sick in my life, aside from the MRSA bout. Did it once, never again. It's a crap shoot to begin with.

As far as the hand sanitizer, that goes hand in hand with the over-prescription of antibiotics. Your body needs to be exposed to the germs to know how to fight them. They like to get crazy handing out z-packs for the common cold, which doesn't do anything against a virus.

Yah, I think my immune system is pretty strong from the time I am at the gym...There are so many germs going around there, I had to have built up a tolerance...lol
From what I hear, as long as you do not touch your eyes or mouth, mucus membranes, you are pretty safe from not catching the bug from someone but who the hell actually knows.