PDA

View Full Version : Who else here rides a Harley???

riverrunner1984
01-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Picked this 2016 Road Glide Special up a couple weeks ago.
Great Craigslist find...1875 original miles. After market CVO bags, 12" apes, after market floor boards, shifter, breaks and seat.
Only need to paint the bags.
I handed the guy $60 and paid off Harley directly and they will send me title.
Local dealers are asking $3-$4k more for the same bike with higher miles and no after market parts.

This is my first bike. Hell, I havent even taken it on the freeway yet lol.

Anyone local want to ride?

HB Vic
01-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Bought a 2017 Street Glide special in April/May. It has 200mi on it lol

If the weathers not shit this weekend, it

riverrunner1984
01-05-2018, 09:42 AM

Dude, only half my post showed up and no pics.
SOmething is def going on. I created this one on tapatalk and saw everything there before I hit post.
I will try and edit it.

riverrunner1984
01-05-2018, 09:44 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/c588b69b0eab75fb2447c8ece99d4efa.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/6e23add300457c5afcf5787392c1d19e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/4a44ce2200be62274dcacfb367ea8444.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/6c3bfb40c903929e0bd8a78478721ef8.jpg

HB Vic
01-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Dude, only half my post showed up and no pics.
SOmething is def going on. I created this one on tapatalk and saw everything there before I hit post.
I will try and edit it.

Yeah it seems like Tapatalk is fucking up....again

HB Vic
01-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Nice bike!!

jordy
01-05-2018, 09:50 AM
I can't get the file upload function to work. Have tried several pics and fail. Guess I'd better take the rest of the day off.

HB Vic
01-05-2018, 09:51 AM
I can't get the file upload function to work. Have tried several pics and fail. Guess I'd better take the rest of the day off.

Are you using a browser or tapatalk?

HB Vic
01-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Mine is working. You need to wait a few seconds after you click on upload

riverrunner1984
01-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Yeah it seems like Tapatalk is fucking up....again

I was able to edit the post through chrome! Good to go.

jordy
01-05-2018, 09:56 AM
I've got an '07 Street Glide that I've had forever. Keep kicking around selling it to do something different, like an Indian Larry or Jesse bike. Not sure what I want to do. It's not easy when one of your best buds is a premiere bike builder as he becomes an expensive friend to have when he's always turning out cutting edge product.

That was before the stretched bags, new fender, new exhaust, and a few other goodies.

riverrunner1984
01-05-2018, 09:57 AM

Looks like your post got cut off also...Riding this weekend???
Riding next sat to Ports O Call fish market for lunch if you are interested.

Nice ride, I always liked the demin black color.
I actually wanted the AMber Whiskey Orange, but buying used, the options are limited lol.

riverrunner1984
01-05-2018, 10:00 AM
I've got an '07 Street Glide that I've had forever. Keep kicking around selling it to do something different, like an Indian Larry or Jesse bike. Not sure what I want to do. It's not easy when one of your best buds is a premiere bike builder as he becomes an expensive friend to have when he's always turning out cutting edge product.

That was before the stretched bags, new fender, new exhaust, and a few other goodies.

NICE!
I am thinking of replacing stock exhaust with a 2 - 1 side out exhaust and putting on different extended bags that dont have the cut out.
Only hang up, I hear the 2 - 1 side out is super loud and living in Commifornia, cities are citing for noise....

jordy
01-05-2018, 10:04 AM
NICE!
I am thinking of replacing stock exhaust with a 2 - 1 side out exhaust and putting on different extended bags that dont have the cut out.
Only hang up, I hear the 2 - 1 side out is super loud and living in Commifornia, cities are citing for noise....

Realistically you're pretty much already running a single side exhaust, unless you're running true duals. I like the look of duals on a bagger as there needs to be some balance if going out the back. Never liked the single side rear.

For the side pipe, check this out:

http://baggernation.com/item.php?iid=275

They look sharp and aren't obnoxious. The only downside is you don't want to be the guy on the right as you'll get hit with exhaust in the face at every light. You want them pointed up, as if you have them angled down, it blows all the dirt off the street at whoever is next to, or behind you.

p.s. You can't have that in Kali anyway. Boo.

riverrunner1984
01-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Realistically you're pretty much already running a single side exhaust, unless you're running true duals. I like the look of duals on a bagger as there needs to be some balance if going out the back. Never liked the single side rear.

For the side pipe, check this out:

http://baggernation.com/item.php?iid=275

They look sharp and aren't obnoxious. The only downside is you don't want to be the guy on the right as you'll get hit with exhaust in the face at every light. You want them pointed up, as if you have them angled down, it blows all the dirt off the street at whoever is next to, or behind you.

p.s. You can't have that in Kali anyway. Boo.

So I am not all the familier with set ups since this is my first bike. I have stock exhaust with the baffles cut out. I thought stock was true dual?
I agree, the single exhaust out the back looks horrible. Ill check out the link...THanks!

riverrunner1984
01-05-2018, 01:57 PM
What is everyone using for insurance?

I am paying right around $52 a month for full coverage...
Is that reasonable?

HB Vic
01-05-2018, 02:12 PM
What is everyone using for insurance?

I am paying right around $52 a month for full coverage...
Is that reasonable?

I think mine is like $400/yr with State Farm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

314joey
01-06-2018, 09:22 AM
I bought a Heritage Special about a year ago, between the Lake of the Ozarks and Florida we put 2K on it in 12 months, it's nice not to have to wear a helmet some of the time when we're in Florida.

westair
01-06-2018, 09:25 AM
My Road King I've had for a few years ..... It stays in Havasu, too many cars and crazy drivers in San Diego

jordy
01-06-2018, 10:48 AM
So I am not all the familier with set ups since this is my first bike. I have stock exhaust with the baffles cut out. I thought stock was true dual?
I agree, the single exhaust out the back looks horrible. Ill check out the link...THanks!

There is a crossover pipe, but about 90% of your exhaust is going straight out the right side pipe as it's the path of least resistance. The newer bikes managed to work a cat into the crossover pipe which is awesome due to the extra heat created with that mess. They're not hard to hollow out and keep the appearance of function. Then again, in AZ we don't emission bikes, so we can pull that junk off and have fun.

240Hallett
01-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Picked this up about 20 years ago. Insurance just went up about 30 bucks to 469 a year. 67760

jordy
01-06-2018, 10:53 AM
That looks like one of them yamaHarleys. :chopper:

240Hallett
01-06-2018, 11:48 AM
That looks like one of them yamaHarleys. :chopper:

It’s a Yamaha.

240Hallett
01-06-2018, 11:51 AM
We like to call it a metric cruiser...

jordy
01-06-2018, 12:09 PM
It’s a Yamaha.

Why are you screwing up my joke? I clearly know what it is. YamaHARLEY seems to work just fine. :yes:

240Hallett
01-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Why are you screwing up my joke? I clearly know what it is. YamaHARLEY seems to work just fine. :yes:

It’s YAMAHArley

2manymustangs
01-06-2018, 02:17 PM
RiverRunner, thats a nice score...

Some day I will buy something comfy like that, for now I am just getting back to put put around town...

idk
01-06-2018, 04:39 PM
I love riding my bikes, but this past year I didn't get to ride as much as I like to.
It's a 2013 Road Glide.

jordy
01-06-2018, 04:40 PM
2MM, that looks like a pretty clean little shovel. Details?

2manymustangs
01-06-2018, 07:04 PM
2MM, that looks like a pretty clean little shovel. Details?

I built the first one (swing arm low rider) in the mid 80s while I was in Chicago, the second one I built/finished in 1994 and sold it when my little guy was just months old. I tracked it down and bought it back in 2016, now that my hips are all better I'm ready to ride, it is getting a makeover and needs a thorough cleaning...

Excuse the mess, I'm remodeling the garage:

It was VERY clean 20 years ago when we parted company... now for the elbow grease...

jordy
01-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Very nice! I like the simplicity of some of the older bikes. Sure the new ones are comfortable and will almost ride themselves, but there is something to be said for a clean little bobber.

2manymustangs
01-07-2018, 10:08 AM
Very nice! I like the simplicity of some of the older bikes. Sure the new ones are comfortable and will almost ride themselves, but there is something to be said for a clean little bobber.

The OG chopper builder of the new age (Jesse James) said "if it doesn't make it GO faster, or STOP faster, is left off of the build" ;)

Some dislike him but I spent a lot of time around 2000 watching the work in his shop on Anaheim and have a huge respect for the guy and what he did...

jordy
01-07-2018, 01:06 PM
The OG chopper builder of the new age (Jesse James) said "if it doesn't make it GO faster, or STOP faster, is left off of the build" ;)

Some dislike him but I spent a lot of time around 2000 watching the work in his shop on Anaheim and have a huge respect for the guy and what he did...

He's incredibly talented, no doubt about it. Don't know if you've been following him, but he's in Austin now, has a badass shop at home that works well with his firearms manufacturing business, as in, he can walk out the door and mag dump, then walk back in. The firearms he is building with his JJFU brand are gorgeous, but I'm hearing the accuracy leaves some to be desired. They're too new to be any deals on them and I don't want one bad enough to pay full pop.

They're also building frames again for scooters. I kick around building a WCC bike, but to do it right, it would have to be all the OG parts, which pop up on a regular basis on ebay and such, but at double the original price.

HB Vic
01-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Hmmmmm

314joey
01-07-2018, 04:25 PM
I built the first one (swing arm low rider) in the mid 80s while I was in Chicago, the second one I built/finished in 1994 and sold it when my little guy was just months old. I tracked it down and bought it back in 2016, now that my hips are all better I'm ready to ride, it is getting a makeover and needs a thorough cleaning...

Excuse the mess, I'm remodeling the garage:

It was VERY clean 20 years ago when we parted company... now for the elbow grease...

Love the old sckool, cool to see it when it's complete.

2manymustangs
01-07-2018, 05:26 PM
He's incredibly talented, no doubt about it. Don't know if you've been following him, but he's in Austin now, has a badass shop at home that works well with his firearms manufacturing business, as in, he can walk out the door and mag dump, then walk back in. The firearms he is building with his JJFU brand are gorgeous, but I'm hearing the accuracy leaves some to be desired. They're too new to be any deals on them and I don't want one bad enough to pay full pop.

They're also building frames again for scooters. I kick around building a WCC bike, but to do it right, it would have to be all the OG parts, which pop up on a regular basis on ebay and such, but at double the original price.

i would love to have a JJFU 1911, but... Like you, I won't pay the $$$... I want to get one of the new german made "mil spec" 1911s and see how accurate I can make it with the routine mods (upgraded barrel & fitted bushing, trigger, slide work, etc...)... I think there are inherent accuracy limitations in the design...

I've been seeing the WCC parts on eBay but wonder about the authenticity...

Love the old sckool, cool to see it when it's complete.

Ya, we are long overdue for a meeting sir... :D

76Bonneville
01-07-2018, 06:30 PM
Not a Harley, but a pretty good cruiser. They only made the Valkyrie Interstate for 3 years. They were a sportier Goldwing with 6 carbs and a bigger cam.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180108/355dcc291135bea7c7479b190204a191.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jordy
01-07-2018, 06:40 PM
i would love to have a JJFU 1911, but... Like you, I won't pay the $$$... I want to get one of the new german made "mil spec" 1911s and see how accurate I can make it with the routine mods (upgraded barrel & fitted bushing, trigger, slide work, etc...)... I think there are inherent accuracy limitations in the design...

I've been seeing the WCC parts on eBay but wonder about the authenticity...

I like the AR platform rifles he's building as well as there is some crazy design and craftsmanship, but again, for the money you could pick up a LaRue that will shoot sub-MOA right out of the box and start to dress it up. There's only so much you can do with .223 anyway. Like the 1911's, they're nice to look at, and I can appreciate the novelty, along with the workmanship, but for an EDC and something that runs, I'm not sold yet. He's asking Wilson Combat money for the 1911's, without the track record to support it. We'll see what the next couple years bring.

Not that he cares, but it would be interesting to see JJ put some kind of competition team together and make some appearances. He has enough cabbage between what he's done and the Patron money, to not have to work again. Makes work more enjoyable for sure! :yes:

The WCC parts that are real are easy to spot as they cost 4 times what a comparable part would be by anybody else. Things like risers and such are easy to spot, but I know there are a shit ton of controls that get tagged with WCC that aren't.

JohnnyRotten
01-08-2018, 04:37 AM
I will ride with Harleys but not on one....old rice grinders all the way baby.

2manymustangs
01-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Not a Harley, but a pretty good cruiser. They only made the Valkyrie Interstate for 3 years. They were a sportier Goldwing with 6 carbs and a bigger cam.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180108/355dcc291135bea7c7479b190204a191.jpg

Those are really good engines on that hoss!

I like the AR platform rifles he's building as well as there is some crazy design and craftsmanship, but again, for the money you could pick up a LaRue that will shoot sub-MOA right out of the box and start to dress it up. There's only so much you can do with .223 anyway. Like the 1911's, they're nice to look at, and I can appreciate the novelty, along with the workmanship, but for an EDC and something that runs, I'm not sold yet. He's asking Wilson Combat money for the 1911's, without the track record to support it. We'll see what the next couple years bring.

Not that he cares, but it would be interesting to see JJ put some kind of competition team together and make some appearances. He has enough cabbage between what he's done and the Patron money, to not have to work again. Makes work more enjoyable for sure! :yes:

The WCC parts that are real are easy to spot as they cost 4 times what a comparable part would be by anybody else. Things like risers and such are easy to spot, but I know there are a shit ton of controls that get tagged with WCC that aren't.

After taking apart a dozen or more different 1911 derived pistols I really fell in love with the John Browning design and am a huge fan, Mr. John Browning and his designs are incredible for the era that he developed in and what he had to work with.

After looking closer I found some of the AmericanTacticalImport 1911s (GSG importer) that are in 45ACP are coming from the Philippines so I just called ATI customer service and they informed me that NONE of the 45ACP 1911s are coming from Germany/GSG so scratch that...

The ATI "FXH" models are made in the states OR maybe just partially made in the U.S AND are composite frames, not steel.... My plan is blown, back to the drawing board and back to the 300BLK ARs.... ;)

I will ride with Harleys but not on one....old rice grinders all the way baby.

After a few trips on my buddy's NINJA I swore off rice street bikes, they scare me... OR rather I scare myself on them, I won't own one for the sake of my limbs and family...

Im not ruling out my friends OLD SCHOOL 750-4 super stretch retro chopper...

314joey
01-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Some you you aren't as old as this "old fart", but when I was a young kid this bike was the "bomb" in the mid/late 60s in my neighborhood, I'm in the middle of finishing our basement and I've got 6-8 more weeks to complete, but after I'm done I'm going hunting for one of these, it's a 65-67 Honda 305 scrambler.

I couldn't afford one then, but I can now, just what I need, more toys.

jordy
01-08-2018, 10:35 AM
After taking apart a dozen or more different 1911 derived pistols I really fell in love with the John Browning design and am a huge fan, Mr. John Browning and his designs are incredible for the era that he developed in and what he had to work with.

After looking closer I found some of the AmericanTacticalImport 1911s (GSG importer) that are in 45ACP are coming from the Philippines so I just called ATI customer service and they informed me that NONE of the 45ACP 1911s are coming from Germany/GSG so scratch that...

The ATI "FXH" models are made in the states OR maybe just partially made in the U.S AND are composite frames, not steel.... My plan is blown, back to the drawing board and back to the 300BLK ARs.... ;)

I picked up a GSG-5 about 10 years ago now, the MP5SD clone, and it was fun for what it was, a cheap .22 to plink cans with. It took a few thousand rounds before it became what I'd consider remotely reliable. I have it and consider sending it up to a place north of Phoenix that will cut the barrel, SBR it, and set it up with a flash hider that will mount a suppressor. It's on my list, but not that high. I'd hope that they have come a long ways from that rifle since then, but I'd be wary of anything ATI for an EDC based upon my experiences, granted it's an unrelated model. It's funny watching the gun forums go back and forth between the Glock crowd and the 1911 crowd. Browning had a design that works, even over 100 years later. Hard to argue with that.

I went back and forth between Sig and Kimber for a 3" barrel 1911 and opted for the Sig, as I have about 8 others that I have had no issues with. There are so many different options for 1911's out there and all kinds of price points. The JJFU ones are too pretty to take out and beat on, or even have as an EDC. Hell, the boxes that he sends them out with are works of art on their own.

I'm a big fan of the .300BLK and they're on my list, but then I look at the 6.5 Creedmoor and swing back around. I like variety and have a pretty good array of coverage, but there's always room for more, right? The .300BLK is supposed to be a whole lot of fun with a suppressor.

2manymustangs
01-08-2018, 10:54 AM
I picked up a GSG-5 about 10 years ago now, the MP5SD clone, and it was fun for what it was, a cheap .22 to plink cans with. It took a few thousand rounds before it became what I'd consider remotely reliable. I have it and consider sending it up to a place north of Phoenix that will cut the barrel, SBR it, and set it up with a flash hider that will mount a suppressor. It's on my list, but not that high. I'd hope that they have come a long ways from that rifle since then, but I'd be wary of anything ATI for an EDC based upon my experiences, granted it's an unrelated model. It's funny watching the gun forums go back and forth between the Glock crowd and the 1911 crowd. Browning had a design that works, even over 100 years later. Hard to argue with that.

I went back and forth between Sig and Kimber for a 3" barrel 1911 and opted for the Sig, as I have about 8 others that I have had no issues with. There are so many different options for 1911's out there and all kinds of price points. The JJFU ones are too pretty to take out and beat on, or even have as an EDC. Hell, the boxes that he sends them out with are works of art on their own.

I'm a big fan of the .300BLK and they're on my list, but then I look at the 6.5 Creedmoor and swing back around. I like variety and have a pretty good array of coverage, but there's always room for more, right? The .300BLK is supposed to be a whole lot of fun with a suppressor.

Thanks for the info on the GSG stuff, I "assumed" that if it came from Germany it would be better quality than the Philippines... OR at least a good platform to start with...

I started playing with the 300BLK when it was in it's infancy and WAY before it was SAAMI accepted/approved (only experimental load data available on the net)... I have a few that I have built and the "subsonic" loads with 220gr bullets are real thumpers as a home security piece... I've always been a big fan of 30 cal ANYTHING... :)

I love the reliability of the 300BLK and the fact that the .223 is the parent brass, feeds like a dream, same mags, same bolt/carrier with ZERO mods... Just change the barrel...

I will never under ANY circumstances NOT be able to build ammo for the 300BLK... EVER... :)

It turns your AR into a really great deer rifle...

I wouldn't know anything about sub sonic 300BLK with a CAN... :smilies_mit_hut019:

riverrunner1984
01-08-2018, 04:01 PM
Hmmmmm

Riding to Ports O Call in Pedro for Lunch this Sat. Leaving Lakewood around 1030am if you are interested.

HB Vic
01-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Riding to Ports O Call in Pedro for Lunch this Sat. Leaving Lakewood around 1030am if you are interested.

IF I dont go to the river I'm down for sure.

ChumpChange
01-08-2018, 04:21 PM
IF I dont go to the river I'm down for sure.

Was laughing at seeing your IG post after reading this thread. Good to see something got you to go ride!

2manymustangs
01-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Was laughing at seeing your IG post after reading this thread. Good to see something got you to go ride!

:boobeyes:

HB Vic
01-08-2018, 04:29 PM

My registration expires next month. Already 1yr old.

I think it might have around 300mi now LOL

poncho
01-09-2018, 07:29 PM
Impractical https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180110/826aaa504abe5d9b7f429f3a1725a850.jpg

riverrunner1984
01-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Impractical https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180110/826aaa504abe5d9b7f429f3a1725a850.jpg

Love the paint.
Is that a red or copper/brown???

poncho
01-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Love the paint.
Is that a red or copper/brown???

Thank you,

Not real sure what to call it, was a custom mix sprayed by Jonathan Pantaleon using several colors, sure hope it doesn't get hurt never match it.