PDA

View Full Version : HEY-LAM Bought a hallett 210...500hp

2FORCEFULL
12-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Just got back from a 1500 mile trip.... what a drive... got her home though....

...67213672146721567216672176721867219672206722167 22267223672246722567226672276722867229672306723167 2326723367234

2manymustangs
12-03-2017, 03:11 PM
I like it! :)

HB Vic
12-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Nice. Are you happy now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL
12-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Nice. Are you happy now??

LOL....that was a long ass drive...wasn't quite show room prefect....

HB Vic
12-03-2017, 07:33 PM
LOL....that was a long ass drive...wasn't quite show room prefect....

If it was showroom perfect you wouldn’t have bought it [emoji851]

LB247XS
12-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Nice ride Steve[emoji869][emoji869][emoji869][emoji869]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

l84theriv
12-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Hey 2FF how much do you want for the Vector?

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Hey 2FF how much do you want for the Vector?

the vector is a real nice clean boat....it has new martines interior..disc brakes on the trailer with new tires..the hull is super clean...but... the deck has checking on it... I bought it sight un seen, met the guy in baker at the del taco,...it could be a real nice boat...but who knows on the deck...I say re gel it... but what would that cost??????$$$$$$...maybe take it by and let pedro look at it..could be a very easy fix???? I don't have a clue..I'm guessing it's worth 20k....and a guy could just leave it as it's not all that noticeable....but i'm not that guy, and would want to fix it..I love the suttle look of the pin line design and wish there were more like it...all three of the 2FF's have been in a major discussion and the thoughts are runn'n wild...it would be nice to pull the vector apart and put the blue 500hp motor in it...the guy that sold me the 210 said it runs in the 80's....here's what I would like to do, if I have enough time and money, I know how much money I have... but not too sure on the time..I've had plenty of offers to end my time so far,..but I'm still here kick'n rocks..
so ,... have a new triple axel trailer built for the vector...have the gel re done to perfect..(it's never been on the beach..).. put the blue 500hp motor in it with the drive and steering... and put the 454 in the 210...both the hulls (210 & vector) have never been beached..both have nice interiors... and both are very low hrs...
so I'm at the ..."this would be a very good project"...

so whats everyone think, and am I missing something here...the vector would be bad ass with the 500hp,and a new trailer....right??? or???
I personaly think both boats have very good value,..both have less than 300 hrs...you don't need big power in a 210,.as no mater what you do it will be slower than most all the boats out there with the same power...so speed is not the objective here...210's are very good riding safe boats that like to cruise...you need to add wheel barrel handles to the one's that will run over 70-75mph....I like that they are both closed bows,.. but ... most would probley want open,.. we have a deck boat..so would rather have a nice river cruiser ..2-4 people type..

this boat is begging me to swap motors....lol

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 07:25 AM
well, now that this is my boat, guess it's ok to bad mouth it.... is it the uglest fuc'n hallett ever made????:schreck::eh::speechless-smiley-0:buddies:

what were they thinking??? and who picks the colors at hallett??? so when I bought this boat It started growing on me...and to be honest, I guess it's not all that bad...but fuc is it ugly... when my wife seen it she said, it's not the colors I would choose, but it don't look that bad,.."ugly duckling"

so any way...I think the blue motor matches the blue and white vector better...and I think that besides the initial cost of the 2 boats... one could come up with a medium bad ass vector...and a real nice 210... whacha think guys???

Keymyster
12-04-2017, 07:26 AM
With what you want to do with the Vector would be awesome. Think that boat looks really nice. I'm learning on how you are with issues on the boat. I'm a lot like that. I have issues with my gel coat,but I got to leave it. That would be opening a BIG can of worms and I really don't want to spend the $$ on it.

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 07:42 AM
with what I have going... yeah.. spent too much..I have 50k invested so far... but I have 2 boats...my opinion the boats are real nice as far as whats out there for sell. I would guess you would spend close to 100k on a new hallett with triple trailer and bigger merc power..???..I would like to end up with more middle of the road type,not race winners... but respectable power...

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 07:49 AM
So the 3 squirrels are running crazy in my head.... I think that in a matter of about 4 hrs tops, you could have both these motors and drives on the ground...both will easy interchange with each other,....both motors are in the wrong boats...
as far as the vector...sure would be nice with new gel and a low hr 500hp....right? and the ugly duckling doesn't need a blue motor....right?????

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 07:52 AM
so here's the next dilemma, the 210 is very very very nice.... just ugly as fuc....there, I said it again....sorry....would any one here change the colors??? or just leave it???

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 07:53 AM
fugly...I guess what I really don't like is the pinks mix'd with yellow.... pink looks real good on tan.....and even with tan lines... oh, and some nice low pile carpet

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 09:16 AM
so, who could, and who would wanna pull these motors,... and what would you think it should cost???anyone in vegas... or would this be a better job to tackle in havasu?
be nice to find someone that wanted to make some Christmas doe...

El Toro
12-04-2017, 11:36 AM
fugly...I guess what I really don't like is the pinks mix'd with yellow....

maybe just the camera or lighting or computer or time of day, but the pink to me looks purple which doesn't look bad with the yellow. NICE boat both of them.

bigbluhallett270
12-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Do gelcoaters ever refuse to do certain color patterns / combinations ?

tchb
12-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Time for golf Steve.

hallett21
12-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Have you run the 210 to see what it will do gps?

Pretty sure it takes more than 500 to get a 210 to an honest 80+.

500 might get the vector to a legitimate 80mph GPS.

Whatever you do triple axle seems like the last thing you should do.

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Have you run the 210 to see what it will do gps?

Pretty sure it takes more than 500 to get a 210 to an honest 80+.

500 might get the vector to a legitimate 80mph GPS.

Whatever you do triple axle seems like the last thing you should do.

so whats first... double for sale signs...lol... had to say it first....

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 06:41 PM
so looking at the situation.... a guy could just leave the drives on the boats and just swap the motors, I know you would still have to pull the drives, but they could go right back on...right.. they are both bravo1's ..and I don't hink they have hp gimbles....????

2manymustangs
12-04-2017, 06:50 PM

:schreck: Your not going to keep both for the rest of your life??? :schreck:

hallett21
12-04-2017, 06:54 PM

Well vector probably goes 5-6 mph faster than a 210 Hp for Hp. Run the 210 and see what it does then add 4mph to that (staying conservative).

If that's what you want out of the vector then swap motors. If not, then leave motors and screw with trailers and gel coat/interiors

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 07:18 PM
:schreck: Your not going to keep both for the rest of your life??? :schreck:
I could die tomorrow....

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Well vector probably goes 5-6 mph faster than a 210 Hp for Hp. Run the 210 and see what it does then add 4mph to that (staying conservative).

If that's what you want out of the vector then swap motors. If not, then leave motors and screw with trailers and gel coat/interiors

I just think the 500hp blue motor would be way cool in the vector...and it doesn't really add to the value of the 210

l84theriv
12-04-2017, 07:55 PM
the vector is a real nice clean boat....it has new martines interior..disc brakes on the trailer with new tires..the hull is super clean...but... the deck has checking on it... I bought it sight un seen, met the guy in baker at the del taco,...it could be a real nice boat...but who knows on the deck...I say re gel it... but what would that cost??????$$$$$$...maybe take it by and let pedro look at it..could be a very easy fix???? I don't have a clue..I'm guessing it's worth 20k....and a guy could just leave it as it's not all that noticeable....but i'm not that guy, and would want to fix it..I love the suttle look of the pin line design and wish there were more like it...all three of the 2FF's have been in a major discussion and the thoughts are runn'n wild...it would be nice to pull the vector apart and put the blue 500hp motor in it...the guy that sold me the 210 said it runs in the 80's....here's what I would like to do, if I have enough time and money, I know how much money I have... but not too sure on the time..I've had plenty of offers to end my time so far,..but I'm still here kick'n rocks..
so ,... have a new triple axel trailer built for the vector...have the gel re done to perfect..(it's never been on the beach..).. put the blue 500hp motor in it with the drive and steering... and put the 454 in the 210...both the hulls (210 & vector) have never been beached..both have nice interiors... and both are very low hrs...
so I'm at the ..."this would be a very good project"...

so whats everyone think, and am I missing something here...the vector would be bad ass with the 500hp,and a new trailer....right??? or???
I personaly think both boats have very good value,..both have less than 300 hrs...you don't need big power in a 210,.as no mater what you do it will be slower than most all the boats out there with the same power...so speed is not the objective here...210's are very good riding safe boats that like to cruise...you need to add wheel barrel handles to the one's that will run over 70-75mph....I like that they are both closed bows,.. but ... most would probley want open,.. we have a deck boat..so would rather have a nice river cruiser ..2-4 people type..

this boat is begging me to swap motors....lol

Thanks for the reply Steve. HAHAHA. Ive probably been in 5-6 vectors and owned one at one point and they all had the checker board effect on the deck. Im really curious as to why as well.

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the reply Steve. HAHAHA. Ive probably been in 5-6 vectors and owned one at one point and they all had the checker board effect on the deck. Im really curious as to why as well.

for some reason if you have a hallett, you aren't suppose to talk about the gel issues...the elephant in the room.....lol and it's huge...

one thing for sure...davis will be turning out some nice boats...

l84theriv
12-04-2017, 08:19 PM
for some reason if you have a hallett, you aren't suppose to talk about the gel issues...the elephant in the room.....lol and it's huge...

one thing for sure...davis will be turning out some nice boats...

No shit! Could you imagine a 1350 in a 210 or vector like his race boat!!

2FORCEFULL
12-04-2017, 08:48 PM
No shit! Could you imagine a 1350 in a 210 or vector like his race boat!!

gonna be a game changer IMHO

Melloyellovector
12-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Iv got a vector and a 210 also. Gels on both were original and had zero issues. Vector 89, 210 96,
Now for power vector has been at barrett for ever, to be complete soon with a healthy 509
210 has a 548
I can tell you that stock 500 ain’t getting that thing in the 80s, maybe down river with tail wind, solo and near empty. And then it might hit 80.
The 500 in the vector ( if it’s truly healthy ) will likely hit 80. Note that boats been for sale for 2 years I’m sure it wasn’t sitting entire time,
As far as color on that 210 yes something has to change! if you love the simplicity of the vector white with pins then do new gel all white with simple blue pins on 210, buyers later will appreciate it, lol
Vectors are great fun boats, but you ain’t getting no younger. And they are a touch rougher in the snot, and wind in your face. You no damn well you ain’t keeping the vector long. Mine once done will be used but it’s getting built for show and go.
The 210 is a more desired boat by the masses for sure. Better money spent on making that sweet for yourself and resale.
You do not need 24in tabs like I and others have. 16” + or - will work fine.

Vectors for sale in 20k and up range sit for awhile ( get in the 30+ range and they sit for years )
210s mid 20s on up if look good and have the right stuff sale pretty quick, especially closed bows.

2FORCEFULL
12-05-2017, 05:26 AM
Iv got a vector and a 210 also. Gels on both were original and had zero issues. Vector 89, 210 96,
Now for power vector has been at barrett for ever, to be complete soon with a healthy 509
210 has a 548
I can tell you that stock 500 ain’t getting that thing in the 80s, maybe down river with tail wind, solo and near empty. And then it might hit 80.
The 500 in the vector ( if it’s truly healthy ) will likely hit 80. Note that boats been for sale for 2 years I’m sure it wasn’t sitting entire time,
As far as color on that 210 yes something has to change! if you love the simplicity of the vector white with pins then do new gel all white with simple blue pins on 210, buyers later will appreciate it, lol
Vectors are great fun boats, but you ain’t getting no younger. And they are a touch rougher in the snot, and wind in your face. You no damn well you ain’t keeping the vector long. Mine once done will be used but it’s getting built for show and go.
The 210 is a more desired boat by the masses for sure. Better money spent on making that sweet for yourself and resale.
You do not need 24in tabs like I and others have. 16” + or - will work fine.

Vectors for sale in 20k and up range sit for awhile ( get in the 30+ range and they sit for years )
210s mid 20s on up if look good and have the right stuff sale pretty quick, especially closed bows.

lotta good info right there...I've had both the halletts before...the vectors are like howard river cruisers, if you learn to peddle them they will do pretty good...but not as good as the 210's, but the 210's pay the price on the top end speed.... my bet is lucky to see a solid 75-76 mph out of the 210 as is, and for me that would be plenty fast...in fact a guy could build a nice 496 out of the 454 with some heads and make some good power..pretty sure the 500 hp is really closer to 475 hp.. but a ton of torque..the 210's I've owned... both open and closed bows.all get a little loose at the 70 mark..and if tabbed right are pretty nice boats... all of my halletts I put a ride plate right at the drive and it really makes them handle at speed and keeps them from kite-ing off the rollers.. gives it that more of a schiada feel and doesn't crash at the boat rollers..kinda skips across the ruff water...

as far as the gel issue goes,... the 210 is probley the nicest gel of any hallett I've owned..it has a little scratch on the starboard side about 1'' or so long.. and that's it... never beached and garage kept..no fading, checking, cracking or any issues...but fugly colors....don't know of a real for ever fix to gel...once you sand and shoot new gel, I think it gets too think and looses it's durability..that and the extreme heat of havasu will make it crack, add the ruff ass water to the mix and I think it's problems waiting to happen,.. at best, when you spray gel you need to panel shoot it and have a place to kill the edge , and really need to sand it down to the glass and build it up new...I've only sprayed gel a couple of times and it was a disaster.. this is my idea, when you restore something, it needs to be as good or better than new..

that's where i'm at with the 210,...I thought the colors would grow on me, hasn't happened yet.. and it would be a shame to go messing with the gel and cause issues to a true survivor ...the color combos kill the look of what could be a real nice looking boat.... but ,... it is what it is..and I don't like it..

I could have a painted boat with no problems, I take care of my stuff..but it kills resale and makes a lot of people shy away..i wish the 210 was red and white

2FORCEFULL
12-05-2017, 05:33 AM
to everyone, feel free to speak your mind about this deal, no need to sugar coat the story, won't bother me,..I didn't have any thing to do with the picking of colors , or building this boat...I could live with the boat , not gonna say I'd like it...something about the colors kills it for me..672486724967250

2FORCEFULL
12-05-2017, 05:55 AM
Just to be clear here... not try'n to dis-credit hallett here on the build of this hallett,... it is a very quality build.. with lots of good up-grades.. it has very good gel, and like I said ,a true surviver on the longevity end.. but if there every was a boat that needed "cry'n Jordans..... this is it.. I paid a lot of doe to get this boat, and was probley the only guy that was willing to step up and pay the price..but that's all history now as it "IS" mine... as of now I don't know a true fix to this ugly duck...or one that is cost effective.. my thought was there is a lot of good parts here , just not in the right pile...people say it looks good to be nice..but so far all have added ,"Not the colors I would choose"
so is there a real fix??? or go with the plan to swap motors?

2FORCEFULL
12-05-2017, 06:34 AM
Also, to be clear, not try'n to start drama here about halletts, but more looking for advise on what to do here..if someone loves this 210 as is..bring your cash and a 2'' ball and we would both be happy...lol.. so far all the advise I've gotten is " I would have never bought that boat to begin with".. which has been proven by the guy unable to sell it till I came along..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:... but now at the cross roads of what to do with it..is there a fix to this problem?

and also.. as far as the rathers go...I would rather have a 210 with a 500 hp than a vector for what I would do with it,... so maybe learn to like it and sell the vector??...that was the OG plan... but not working so far...

HB Vic
12-05-2017, 07:20 AM
Where is this boat from?? I think I've seen it before unless they cookie cutter their colors and patterns

hallett21
12-05-2017, 08:20 AM
If you're going to keep the 210 for a while maybe get a quote from Nordic, Saleen, etc to see what it would cost to clean up the deck and remove the purple and pink down the sides.
I think if you made the deck white it would look better. The purple and pink seem more subtle down the sides in your photo. Also I say lose the graphic on the side below the colors. Of course if you're going to spend the money to re gel

2manymustangs
12-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Engine swap?

Wait, isn't one of the boats a twin turbo deal OR did I dream that in a dream?

2FORCEFULL
12-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Where is this boat from?? I think I've seen it before unless they cookie cutter their colors and patterns
story I got was the boat has always been on clear lake, up past SF... the title says the guy I bought from bought It in 06 and he says he bought it from the OG owner

2manymustangs
12-05-2017, 09:33 AM
2FF... Pick which one you like the best and do this to it, so you and the Mrs. can just enjoy the heck out of it...

https://youtu.be/fEUe_A3Tm7c

2FORCEFULL
12-05-2017, 09:33 AM
If you're going to keep the 210 for a while maybe get a quote from Nordic, Saleen, etc to see what it would cost to clean up the deck and remove the purple and pink down the sides.
I think if you made the deck white it would look better. The purple and pink seem more subtle down the sides in your photo. Also I say lose the graphic on the side below the colors. Of course if you're going to spend the money to re gel

we think the same, but,... any where you go you will end up with an edge, and even if you bury it in clear, you still have places that the gel would have to be feathered out, that making for some think and thin gel...I don't know what the experts say, but I think it would come to be a problem down the road67251672526725367254

2FORCEFULL
12-05-2017, 09:38 AM
from what I see,no matter what you do, you would have to gel the whole top and sides...and I would think you would have to sand most all of the gel off...at that point you could pick the colors and design that you want... to do that you would have to take the boat apart...that would be a grip of doe right there...and a lot of time..

2FORCEFULL
12-05-2017, 10:05 AM
OK, so another question... what is the 210 worth as is.... and what would it worth with a 200 hr 454? and also what would it be worth if it had new gel colors?

Melloyellovector
12-05-2017, 07:05 PM
OK, so another question... what is the 210 worth as is.... and what would it worth with a 200 hr 454? and also what would it be worth if it had new gel colors?

As is, under 20k. If you paid the 25k plus he was asking you fkd up on making that drive, lol
With new gel plus likely interior touch ups and everything working as is with a 2ff stamp of approval maybe 30k
Re work motor ( up to fun hp ) , drive, tabs, dial it in ready for pleasure or nwsra 30+ just depends how over the top you go

Take the vector money if and when someone finally buys it, dump that into the 210, you’ll be under 50k into a clean reliable fun boat that you’ll get 80% plus of your money back on ( maybe 100% back, not knowing what you got 210 for )
Unless you got crazy deal on 210 and vector I don’t see them as quick profitable flips for you, just washing dollars

2FORCEFULL
12-06-2017, 05:47 AM
As is, under 20k. If you paid the 25k plus he was asking you fkd up on making that drive, lol
With new gel plus likely interior touch ups and everything working as is with a 2ff stamp of approval maybe 30k
Re work motor ( up to fun hp ) , drive, tabs, dial it in ready for pleasure or nwsra 30+ just depends how over the top you go

Take the vector money if and when someone finally buys it, dump that into the 210, you’ll be under 50k into a clean reliable fun boat that you’ll get 80% plus of your money back on ( maybe 100% back, not knowing what you got 210 for )
Unless you got crazy deal on 210 and vector I don’t see them as quick profitable flips for you, just washing dollars

thanks for the post..

the 210 is extra nice, needs a good detail, and all the gel is good..500hp... only 300 hrs on the boat and was used on a 35 mph lake it's whole life..... the interior is nice and the vinyl is still soft and no damage..there is a small amount of little cracks, if that the word, flex??? on the windshield corners... the carpet on the floor has stains and needs replaced..the dual ram tabs should work fine..as far as the hull, never beached..and always garaged...as far as the price goes, what a guy would like to pay for a nice 210...and what you have to pay to get one is pretty far apart....I'm a cash in hand buyer for a 210 that is nicer than this one for under 20k..only thing wrong with this boat for me is the colors..."FUGLY DUCK"...I didn't buy either of these boats to flip, as I would have never told anyone I bought them...now there is too much history and the mouths will start running..so moving the vector on might be tough...but thats the plan,... sell the vector, and keep the 210