PDA

View Full Version : Glamis guys

tchb
10-27-2017, 08:03 PM
How many of you go to Glamis in the off boating season??

jordy
10-27-2017, 09:04 PM
Glamis was way fun 20 years ago on a CR250 and a Banshee. Back then the rangers were pretty cool to deal with. Pretty much every year beyond that, they've come up with new ways to make it not fun.

tchb
10-27-2017, 10:09 PM
We have RZR 1000 with paddles. Lots of fun for us. We only go Sunday through Wednesday.

2FORCEFULL
10-28-2017, 04:50 AM
Glamis was way fun 20 years ago on a CR250 and a Banshee. Back then the rangers were pretty cool to deal with. Pretty much every year beyond that, they've come up with new ways to make it not fun.
that's why we go to coral pink in Utah...like days gone past...we wanna try Oregon one of the days, and Idaho ...

ChumpChange
10-28-2017, 07:58 AM
Hard pack riders here. We stay a little north in Ocotillo. Only need to Glamis once.

Ziggy
10-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Been going there for decades except for the last 5-6 years.
Now that I finally had my manx sandcar finished I wanna get back out there.
You hear all the leo horror stories but frankly I feel the crowds that have descended on glamis cause a lot of their own problems.
I never had any weird interaction with leo out there, then again, I don't camp in congested areas either..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jordy
10-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Been going there for decades except for the last 5-6 years.
Now that I finally had my manx sandcar finished I wanna get back out there.
You hear all the leo horror stories but frankly I feel the crowds that have descended on glamis cause a lot of their own problems.
I never had any weird interaction with leo out there, then again, I don't camp in congested areas either..

It's like Havasu as you'll have the assclowns who go out of their way and beg for the attention of LEO, but you also have the LEO that are just out looking for any kind of potential infraction. A few years back they had a fun trick where they'd go camp to camp doing impromptu inspections. Registration, glass bottles, you name it. Had friends get tickets for having bottles in their motorhomes. That's a bit on the excessive side of the enforcement scale.

I get that glass is a problem and you're not supposed to have it in the dunes, but opening it in your motorhome and pouring it into a cup? Calm down Dudley.

HB Vic
10-29-2017, 04:49 PM
I don’t like sand in my cracks.

Pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL
10-30-2017, 05:31 AM
I don’t like sand in my cracks.

Pass

my wife doesn't either...lol...cracks???

Ziggy
10-31-2017, 09:02 AM
It's like Havasu as you'll have the assclowns who go out of their way and beg for the attention of LEO, but you also have the LEO that are just out looking for any kind of potential infraction. A few years back they had a fun trick where they'd go camp to camp doing impromptu inspections. Registration, glass bottles, you name it. Had friends get tickets for having bottles in their motorhomes. That's a bit on the excessive side of the enforcement scale.

I get that glass is a problem and you're not supposed to have it in the dunes, but opening it in your motorhome and pouring it into a cup? Calm down Dudley.Yeah, I've heard of those kind of "inspections", total BS.
Most I've had is them making sure I had the dune pass and asking if we needed a trash bag.

2manymustangs
10-31-2017, 12:24 PM
I don’t like sand in my mangina.

Pass

:angry-smiley-018: