PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Never Forget

HB Vic
09-11-2017, 06:19 AM
Hard to believe this was 16 years ago. I remember it like it happened yesterday.

Take a moment today to think about that day and what it did to our country.

God bless and rip to those who lost their lives in this horrific event.

And god speed to those who gave their lives trying to help.

And take a moment to think about this.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

314joey
09-11-2017, 06:27 AM
Every September 11th I always remember exactly where I was when it started and say a little prayer, along with the birth of my two kids and grandkids it's etched into my memory forever, bless those that gave their lives that day and our great country.

2manymustangs
09-11-2017, 07:17 AM
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen... :( Sad day for sure... I have been watching various 9/11 tidbits on AmericanHerosChannel...

I remember the day clearly, walking into the dark room N.O.C. at WilTel communications... The first plane hit 10 minutes prior to my arrival, we were glued to the multitude of news feeds on the N.O.C. all day...

I had just finished weeks prior doing in-depth reading/study on Bin Laden/Taliban/Afghanistan/Paki/WOmens suffrage under the Muzzies/Iraq&Iran conflict... All in the wake of the SOmalia/Dar es Salaam/Nairobi /U.S.S. Cole/WTC bombing/ClinToon lobbing in some missiles...

There was little doubt what was going on in my mind from the get go...

Reading all that I could find about the muzzles in S.E. Asia/middle east was my past time while sitting with the WilTel network techs...

ChumpChange
09-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Did the same thing this morning as sixteen years ago. Woke up to go to the gym and the first tower had just been hit. Talked to a buddy about the craziness of that happening but left the house anyway. By the time I got to the gym, the second tower was hit. That changed everything.....