PDA

View Full Version : Oregon???

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2017, 06:12 AM
I have a brother and sister up there < the souther part, I think by the rouge river , or something like that.... seems there a lot of people still flocking to Oregon...the kida, "I wanna get of the grid" type...is sept. a good time to go?......

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2017, 06:15 AM
We’re not sure what you expect Southern Oregon to be like, but it’s probably not like that.

Take Crater Lake. It’s a volcanic lake, but not a lake of lava as you might be imagining. It’s just regular, clear, beautiful water that happens to fill an enormous alpine crater. It also happens to be the deepest lake in North America, if you’re looking for one of those.
The century-old floating tree stump we call the Old Man of the Lake might even show up if you’re there at the right time.

But if you’re not into all that, there’s also Southern Oregon’s vineyards, cheese makers, tree-house camping, rafters on the raging Rogue River, caves and world-famous Shakespeare Festival.

If you come to Southern Oregon without an itinerary, you’re in luck. But if you come here hoping to see some lava in one of our volcanoes, you’re probably going to be disappointed.

http://traveloregon.com/cities-regions/southern-oregon/

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2017, 06:18 AM
I read this searching....
http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/itineraries/summer-family-fun-in-southern-oregon/

In just three short years, my family and I have absolutely fallen in love with Southern Oregon. We have spent our weekends hiking, paddleboarding, swimming in lakes, exploring waterfalls and hot springs, picking peaches, cherries and apples, finding sand dollars by the ocean and seeing amazing theater performances without ever having to leave the region. Our family loves Southern Oregon. Here it’s easy to pack family-friendly fun in eight days.

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2017, 06:22 AM
I think my kin are up around wilmer,... lol you have to go through starvation heights to get there

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2017, 06:33 AM
anyone know this area???looks like if I go up the 5 the only way to get to the coast is to back track to the 199 and back into California??? or is it better to go farther up north and some how get to the 101 and come back down>?? I rather not have to go back and forth on the 101 , but some how make a big loop as to always be seeing some thing new... we're gonna go in the big ass alpine so I don't wanna be going a route with 12% grades and switchbacks

CarolynandBob
08-29-2017, 07:11 AM
Have been there many times. My mother in-law lives in Eugene. Have camped on the coast about 10 yrs ago.

In July we were in Eugene and Bend. Will be back in Eugene at the beginning of October.

It is a pretty nice area. Eugene is mainly a bunch of hippies and college kids. The coast is nice but gets windy. We liked Bandon on the coast to camp. We have done a lot of hiking around the Eugene area,

2manymustangs
08-29-2017, 07:14 AM
I've not been BUT I know there are a lot of..... :partyguy::gayfight2::party1::smiley_simmons::skul l::loser::asshat::weirdo: up that way....

Pretty much like every other state in the union... :)

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2017, 07:20 AM
the plan is to go up from vegas and make a loop through Oregon and maybe come down the coast on the 101 to santa maria...but, I don't see a way to get to the coast from grants pass with out going all the way back to California..

ChumpChange
08-29-2017, 07:41 AM
Great time of year. I've been up in Seattle last few weeks for school and it's great up here.

The Doctor
08-29-2017, 11:59 AM
If you are looking to get off-grid and live like a separatist you are really not going to like the fact that the Oregon governor just signed a confiscation order for any and all firearms from anyone "THEY DEEM" unworthy to have them.

2FORCEFULL
08-29-2017, 02:54 PM
well... new plans in order...

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2017/08/oregon_wildfires_high_temps_lo.html#incart_river_i ndex

H20GZM
08-29-2017, 04:45 PM
the plan is to go up from vegas and make a loop through Oregon and maybe come down the coast on the 101 to santa maria...but, I don't see a way to get to the coast from grants pass with out going all the way back to California..

From Grants Pass there really is no way other than the 199.. Years ago a guy from SF and his family took a "google route" in the middle of winter, got stuck and froze to death on some logging road " short cut". Wife and kid lived, but sadly he did not.

US 101 is scenic but slow...

People are moving up here because they can sell their 3 bed ranch in SoCal for 800K ( or more!) and pay cash for something up here. Its getting busier and busier by the day though.. Kinda ruins the novelty of living up here ( I'm just north of Portland in Vancouver, Wa) If a person can stand 4 to 6 months of rain from Halloween until Easter, its liveable, and beautiful..

Dave ( boat527 on the OTHER site)

CarolynandBob
08-30-2017, 05:09 AM
We are in West Glacier now. The smoke is kinda bad. Went on a hike yesterday and it was a little more difficult to breath. We are taking a tour today to the top of Logan's Pass.

tchb
08-30-2017, 09:35 AM
My daughter on husband just bought a home outside of Portland. They love it up there!

Milkmoney
08-30-2017, 04:01 PM
My daughter on husband just bought a home outside of Portland. They love it up there!
Sorry. But r u ok with posting ur daughter is on her husband. Lol.
I know what u meant. [emoji6] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL
08-30-2017, 04:47 PM
so now, here's the new plan...leave vegas, go to havasu,stay a couple days,leave sun and go to Yuma and across the 8 to san diego, and then up the coast to cambria, stopping all along the way..chula vista mission bay, Carlsbad,pismo, morro bay, los ossos and such...

HB Vic
08-30-2017, 05:16 PM
so now, here's the new plan...leave vegas, go to havasu,stay a couple days,leave sun and go to Yuma and across the 8 to san diego, and then up the coast to cambria, stopping all along the way..chula vista mission bay, Carlsbad,pismo, morro bay, los ossos and such...

Can you take me with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Toro
08-30-2017, 06:01 PM
don't know when your leaving for your down the coast trip, but Big Sur is closed at 3 locations, with no way around. I just got back from pismo beach & usually drive up the coast that way, bummer

2FORCEFULL
08-30-2017, 07:05 PM
don't know when your leaving for your down the coast trip, but Big Sur is closed at 3 locations, with no way around. I just got back from pismo beach & usually drive up the coast that way, bummer

I won't go that far up north, maybe cambria are if time allows...

2FORCEFULL
08-30-2017, 07:07 PM
Can you take me with you?

last time we went that way we had a little meet up at paradise by the sea rv resort....went to the restaurant that used to be Ziggy's bmw store...

HB Vic
08-30-2017, 07:32 PM
You didn't answer my question. Take me with you?

2FORCEFULL
08-30-2017, 08:42 PM
You didn't answer my question. Take me with you?

you are more than welcome..

HB Vic
08-30-2017, 09:14 PM
you are more than welcome..

Do you have a bed for me? Honestly other than a little snoring on occasion you'll never know I'm there.

What time will you pick me up??

JohnnyRotten
08-31-2017, 04:07 AM
Ahoy,

Headed to Portland with the chick on the Empire Builder from St Paul Mn in a couple weeks.

I love riding the rail, gonna see what she thinks. That's the trip, Oregon is the bonus, staying for a week.

Got a Jeep rented and headed to a romantic boinkin' beachside spot at Lincoln City and then to a cabin at Seaside.

A full day of fishing and crabbing in there somewhere and will be eating bluberries until I shit blue or blow up.

First time there so if you know of any cool points of interest or boating events in that area, input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2FORCEFULL
08-31-2017, 06:09 AM
Ahoy,

Headed to Portland with the chick on the Empire Builder from St Paul Mn in a couple weeks.

I love riding the rail, gonna see what she thinks. That's the trip, Oregon is the bonus, staying for a week.

Got a Jeep rented and headed to a romantic boinkin' beachside spot at Lincoln City and then to a stab'n cabin at Seaside.

A full day of fishing and crabbing in there somewhere and will be eating bluberries until I shit blue , but my balls won't be.

First time there so if you know of any cool points of interest or boating events in that area, input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

fixed it for you....sounds like you all the basic's covered for a very fun time...

2FORCEFULL
08-31-2017, 06:12 AM
Do you have a bed for me? Honestly other than a little snoring on occasion you'll never know I'm there.

What time will you pick me up??

sure do....that was one of my mods , made the front bed so tall people could sleep in it

where are you now adays?

El Toro
08-31-2017, 09:35 AM
I won't go that far up north, maybe cambria are if time allows...

yeah, cambria as far we went GF likes to buy fruit pie's (linn's) there. then over the hill (46) to paso robles, there a hell of a view up there on a clear day.

2FORCEFULL
08-31-2017, 10:37 AM
yeah, cambria as far we went GF likes to buy fruit pie's (linn's) there. then over the hill (46) to paso robles, there a hell of a view up there on a clear day.

I used to build house's in cambria and lived out by nacimento...

El Toro
08-31-2017, 10:03 PM
I used to build house's in cambria and lived out by nacimento...

Cambria real nice, got a carmel feel to it. but I really like cayucos if I were to live in that area.

JohnnyRotten
09-01-2017, 04:12 AM
fixed it for you....sounds like you all the basic's covered for a very fun time...

Thanks......:thumb:

JohnnyRotten
09-14-2017, 03:27 AM
WTH?

First they try to burn it down and now they close down coastal fishing until Oct 1....Fek, musta knew I was coming.:smiley-fish:

Maybe some crabbing.

2FORCEFULL
09-14-2017, 05:32 AM
WTH?

First they try to burn it down and now they close down coastal fishing until Oct 1....Fek, musta knew I was coming.:smiley-fish:

Maybe some crabbing.
here's a thought for you.... what if the state is just burning out all the pot heads and pot farms.... that area of the state doesn't put in on anything, pot heads, crack heads ,dead heads, skin heads and pissed off natives.... they all get checks every month and none of them pay taxes, every thing they do is for cash...my bet is that after they burn out all the pot farms, they open that area up to building homes

2manymustangs
09-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Ahoy,

Got a Jeep rented and headed to a romantic boinkin' beachside spot at Lincoln City and then to a cabin at Seaside.

A full day of fishing and crabbing in there somewhere and will be eating bluberries until I shit blue or blow up.

Thanks!

Have fun and be safe... Stay away from the strung out druggies in the city, I hear that its a real bad epidemic up there with the folks injecting whatever they get into a needle to kill themselves with...

Get some of the inside scoop on the great FREE education/healthcare that Obama inspired the state of Oregon to bankrupt themselves with...

AND send pics... :)

I'm sure the coast is "beyond words" awesome... :)

P.S. Crabs are simply awesome, so long as they aren't on your organ... :D Local lobsters??? What is the lobster season in Oregon???

JohnnyRotten
09-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Have fun and be safe... Stay away from the strung out druggies in the city, I hear that its a real bad epidemic up there with the folks injecting whatever they get into a needle to kill themselves with...

Get some of the inside scoop on the great FREE education/healthcare that Obama inspired the state of Oregon to bankrupt themselves with...

AND send pics... :)

I'm sure the coast is "beyond words" awesome... :)

P.S. Crabs are simply awesome, so long as they aren't on your organ... :D Local lobsters??? What is the lobster season in Oregon???

Thanks 2FF and 2MM,

We get to Portland and leave as soon as I PU a rental car. Head to the coast and hang out. Might go see the PT boat before we split.......rare cool stuff I like.

Was gonna wear my 'I'm deplorable' T shirt but decided I didn't need the heat it would create. Get that shit here too, lotta libbie snow flakes here in the metro.

I kinda look like an old deranged hippie so people don't usually mess with me. Flannel and Hagar hair....fit right in.

Just being on a beach with no work to do will be sweet....also saying eff it to the paleo way for the duration....I see french fries, pizza, Stella Artois and pancakes in my future.

I'll post some pics when I get back, I still use a real camera and have a phone that is really dumb so it gets handled old school.

No lobsters I'm aware of, may go try my luck at saltin or diggin up some razor clams and see what that's all about.

2manymustangs
09-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Thanks 2FF and 2MM,

We get to Portland and leave as soon as I PU a rental car. Head to the coast and hang out. Might go see the PT boat before we split.......rare cool stuff I like.

Was gonna wear my 'I'm deplorable' T shirt but decided I didn't need the heat it would create. Get that shit here too, lotta libbie snow flakes here in the metro.

I kinda look like an old deranged hippie so people don't usually mess with me. Flannel and Hagar hair....fit right in.

Just being on a beach with no work to do will be sweet....also saying eff it to the paleo way for the duration....I see french fries, pizza, Stella Artois and pancakes in my future.

I'll post some pics when I get back, I still use a real camera and have a phone that is really dumb so it gets handled old school.

No lobsters I'm aware of, may go try my luck at saltin or diggin up some razor clams and see what that's all about.

:thumbsUp: enjoy.....