2FORCEFULL
08-15-2017, 10:02 AM
https://youtu.be/pg4JgIu9LKA

2FORCEFULL
08-15-2017, 10:11 AM
https://youtu.be/G1DlssGgOoU

HB Vic
08-15-2017, 10:18 AM
I wish I could watch this. Fucking Verizon "unlimited" shit service plan I'm on 🖕🏻

2manymustangs
08-15-2017, 01:46 PM
https://youtu.be/pg4JgIu9LKA

:) I could see you and Miss Sue owning the GN227... :) I LOVE GN racing!!!!!!!

2manymustangs
08-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Then and now........

https://youtu.be/-3IATDt3mGI

2FORCEFULL
08-15-2017, 06:24 PM
:) I could see you and Miss Sue owning the GN227... :) I LOVE GN racing!!!!!!!

fuc, I have a hard enough time getting on the free way at long beach... let alone racing a fast boat

2manymustangs
08-15-2017, 08:03 PM
fuc, I have a hard enough time getting on the free way at long beach... let alone racing a fast boat

Take some boost out of it and enjoy it... I didn't mean race it... :D

Run it to Catalina or whatever...

2FORCEFULL
08-16-2017, 05:38 AM
Take some boost out of it and enjoy it... I didn't mean race it... :D

Run it to Catalina or whatever...

I just would like to find a real nice 210 hallett..some thing small and easy to wipe down.... I have to use a ladder to wipe down the 270

HB Vic
08-16-2017, 06:31 AM
I just would like to find a real nice 210 hallett..some thing small and easy to wipe down.... I have to use a ladder to wipe down the 270

First mistake. Using a ladder
Second mistake. Not hiring someone to wipe the boat down for you

Questions?

HB Vic
08-16-2017, 09:21 AM
Looks like I managed to grab a few shots of you guys :)

Shakedown227
08-17-2017, 09:43 PM
You got anymore pics of 227 boat?

HB Vic
08-17-2017, 09:44 PM
You got anymore pics of 227 boat?

Tons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2manymustangs
08-18-2017, 05:03 AM
Did I mention that the Rayson 21 CRUISER hull is my favorite hull??? :happy:

Shakedown227
08-18-2017, 08:03 AM
Tons
Do you have a page or website I can look at them at? Thanks

Did you know you could have a pretty nice one for a fraction of the cost to build a new one?

HB Vic
08-18-2017, 08:05 AM
I haven't processed all of my pics yet. Hoping to get that done today. If you see something you like let me know, I'll send you the hires file

2manymustangs
08-18-2017, 08:32 AM
Did you know you could have a pretty nice one for a fraction of the cost to build a new one?

No B.S. it has and will remain my favorite hull of all... I cry every time I hear of one selling, I was just talking to Armon at the LB races about the one he sold recently...

I have no doubt that just purely cost alone is WAY WAY north of what your price is... :) That is without factoring in the cost of fuel/transport/time for testing/tuning....

I could imagine that over the years of building the new GN24, I could buy three new houses here in St Louis MO for what Ted had invested in the initial build and all those hours/years/engines/time/trips... :schreck:

Any luck with the Rudy Ramos "record jacket" memorabilia... If you know the owner of that place, you may want to have them contact the seller of that piece and see if they are flexible on their price, they have done that for me before with several items that i have purchased from them...

2manymustangs
08-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Andy, I just found this while surfing and trying to find ANYTHING on that piece of Rudy Ramos memorabilia:

Rudy Ramos driving the #6 Phfft went on to win the 1969 Orange Bowl Regatta running a Cammer or Boss 429 provided by Ford This 1968 20' Marathon Rayson Craft "KM 9" was Rudy Ramos' personal race boat for the 69-72 seasons. It was originally named "Better Idea" after the new bottom design. Supposedly, only 11 of these boats were made. Rudy's first race in the boat was the 1969 Orange Bowl 250 Speed Classic in Miami, which Rudy won. The boat was shipped to Miami with no motor. Ford factory race team mechanics met the boat in Miami and installed a Cammer engine, that was under development for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, for the race. After the Race the Ford mechanics removed the motor and took it back to Dearborn.
Just a couple of tweeks to the story. The engine in the boat at the Orange Bowl was a Boss 429 with stack injection, not a Cammer. It may posibly have been a 494 CanAm engine, and the injection may have been a timed Bosch unit that was popular in CanAm at the time. In 1969 ford was done with the cammer. In fact they were so done with the Fe program by that time that before Rudy returned from Miami, Ford had Homan and Moody delievered 12-14 Medium riser 427s to Rudy's shop as a reward for winning the Orange Bowl. Ford/Holman Moody told him they had no use for the engines any more.

The name "Better Idea" was not due to the boats bottom, it was at Ford's request. That was a sales slogan of Ford's in the 60's. It wasn't the first Ford powered boat with the name. Mike Reagan (Ronnie's boy) used the name on both 18 ft Raysons LPs, and 18 ft Aquacrafts with cammer power[​IMG] earlier.
[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/RudyRamosRaysonCraft/ (https://www.facebook.com/RudyRamosRaysonCraft/)

Shakedown227
08-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Tons

I haven't processed all of my pics yet. Hoping to get that done today. If you see something you like let me know, I'll send you the hires file

Thanks Vic

HB Vic
08-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Thanks Vic

No thank you. Hella show that weekend [emoji1360]

Shakedown227
08-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys

2manymustangs
08-19-2017, 09:42 AM
Did I mention that GN racing is my favorite race class :D

Back about 2008, 2009 I started saying to GN7 Bob that the GN boats NEVER EVER seem to flip... After hearing me make that statement several times and Bob getting fed up with me saying that about GNs, Bob swiftly CRAMMED this (video below) happening down my throat at his first opportunity... :action-smiley-060:

https://youtu.be/wBmyhhlXgVU

2manymustangs
08-19-2017, 12:49 PM
https://youtu.be/0LNCjUmPP6M

spike morelli
08-21-2017, 08:16 PM
hey 2MM !,
As fate would have it, you bring up the subject of Ford's 427 "Cammer" SOHC engine, and , ( I think I told you this in Long Beach ), I am currently working on one of these that is in an AFX Mustang factory drag car. I have started to take photos of the build. The engine has been mocked up for various clearance checking purposes, and is apart currently to alter the valve notches in the Arias slugs. I will be posting photos and info on it as final assembly comes around. Few engine guys ever get their hands on one of these beauties, so I'm really enjoying the work and will share the build. I know you appreciate this engine.....and for those who aren't familiar with Fords much, FEs or SOHCs, hold on to your butts.65914 ( photo is not of the car I'm building for, but is same overall build )

2FORCEFULL
08-22-2017, 06:30 AM
hey 2MM !,
As fate would have it, you bring up the subject of Ford's 427 "Cammer" SOHC engine, and , ( I think I told you this in Long Beach ), I am currently working on one of these that is in an AFX Mustang factory drag car. I have started to take photos of the build. The engine has been mocked up for various clearance checking purposes, and is apart currently to alter the valve notches in the Arias slugs. I will be posting photos and info on it as final assembly comes around. Few engine guys ever get their hands on one of these beauties, so I'm really enjoying the work and will share the build. I know you appreciate this engine.....and for those who aren't familiar with Fords much, FEs or SOHCs, hold on to your butts.65914 ( photo is not of the car I'm building for, but is same overall build )
WOW, that's bad ass...

2manymustangs
08-22-2017, 08:16 AM
hey 2MM !,

Thanks for keeping me/us up to date sir... :) I was just thinking about what you were telling me at the Friday Night boat show... :)

I've seen ONE of these engines in real life... As per my understanding, Ed Pink was the guy that was able to make the cammers a success on the strip as a fuel engine, and primarily only needed the super strength timing chain... Seems that a cross bolted deep skirt standard bore 427 block is a pretty stout piece when set up properly...

THIS is the guy that had one of the over the counter cammers, he also has a stockpile of top end pieces and sources for any 427/FE parts you may need... Good guy for sure: http://www.ford6v.com/ford6vtech/joebunetic.htm

spike morelli
08-22-2017, 10:14 PM
Yes, Ed Pink built a LOT of these, refining things more to his requirements as he went. The particular engine that I'm dealing with was originally built by Earl Wade, who has quite a reputation for these engines. Sadly, Earl passed not long ago. They originally were offered with iron heads and block, later, aluminum heads came out of Ford. The Cammer I'm working on is utilizing a Robert Pond aluminum block, factory aluminum heads, and the original magnesium rocker covers. ( Replacements are aluminum, originals are magnesium ). "Sneaky" Pete Robinson, of dragster fame, believed strongly in the SOHC merits and designed a gear drive for the front cam drive that was really the thing, but stopped production with Robinson's passing. There's so much history and interesting stuff attached to the engines, I could go on and on. Virtually every component for one of these winding horsepower creatures is available today in the aftermarket, as well as "Shotgun" Boss 429 stuff, and most of it is even better than the original to race on. Here's Ed Pink with Tom McKewen and Connie Kalitta, using SOHC engines, not to mention Snake.659196592065921