PDA

View Full Version : Carnival cruise to Baja

HB Vic
08-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Did one of those booze cruises this past weekend from Long Beach to Baja. For some reason I thought we were going to stop in Catalina but realized after that we were going straight to Baja.

Anyway had a pretty good time. The last time I went on one of these we went to the blow hole, that was kind of a mistake, so I thought. This time we went to the downtown area. Visited Hussongs Cantina, a place where my dad and family used to go when I was a kid. The place hasn't changed that much.

After that we headed to Papa's and Beer where I literally got turned upside down, after being fed some cheap ass tequila. Fortunately for those around me I did not barf. But it was time to go because there was no way I was gonna let than happen again without a fight, and with the Fed's hanging outside for sure I would have ended up in a mexican prison for life lol.

I paid a little extra dough this time to get a suite with a balcony. Well worth the extra money to me as I loved sitting on the balcony late at night when the boat was running. Loved the nothingness and the smell of the ocean.

Aside from constantly eating and drinking, I'm not sure I could ever do more than a 3-4 day cruise again. I just don't get the whole cruise concept, unless you like smorgasbords and all you can eats and drink 24/7. Not really my thang. I think I'd much rather fly to a destination and do something once I arrive.

I also don't get the "hey, lets pack up the kids and get on a boat full of drunks for a few days". I guess if you're primarily a eater and drinker and secondarily a parent it would work out. I sure as hell wouldn't want my young kids around a bunch of drunk assholes for 4 days LOL.

HB Vic
08-14-2017, 12:04 PM
Oops forgot pics

Who wakes up with a unfinished margarita on their night stand? [emoji23]

Hussongs

I'm not sure exactly wtf this is, but it was delish [emoji39]

Didn't eat here but used to as a kid

Abalone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL
08-14-2017, 12:30 PM
we've done both...the catilina cruise is more days...and during the week I think...you should have done the zip line....pretty cool..the day at sea is worth the trip IMHO..we usally hang out at the Jacuzzi in the adult area..and the dance bar at night...kinda cool not hav'n to drive to dinner..but i'm like you ,.. couldn't do the long cruise...and all the ports are pretty much the same...