PDA

View Full Version : Ford edge..ford flex

2FORCEFULL
08-12-2017, 07:49 AM
In my quest to find a replacement for the suburban....we wanted smaller for the havasu car...I bought the Flex...but, felt it was still too big... so I found an edge with 70k miles, like new....the flex has 165k, but was very well taking care of , and it's also like new condition...I don't anything about either... but I figure the edge with only 70k, I could also run back and forth to havasu in it for another 100k miles...
I own a automotive repar shop,... and we hardly ever see either in for repairs...when I bought the flex... I was thinking it was more like the chevy HHr....wrong... this sucker is huge... you could sit a 9' tall person.... I have to jack up the electric seat to see over the dash...

so what do you people know about these two... which one is the keeper???

ChumpChange
08-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Have only sat in the Edge but have never been a fan of the crossovers. Seem that they're generally gutless. Definitely was a fan of the Traverse. Poor gas mileage as well.

HB Vic
08-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Get a Raptor [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL
08-13-2017, 06:34 PM
I need it for havasu...decided on the edge because of the smaller easier to park , and 80k less miles..

rschap1
08-14-2017, 10:40 AM
A few years ago I had heard comment that the Flex was like riding in an old school Continental, and remarked that it was like their vintage commercial showing the champagne fountain getting poured in the car's back seat-if anyone is old enough to recall those days.

2FORCEFULL
08-14-2017, 11:02 AM
A few years ago I had heard comment that the Flex was like riding in an old school Continental, and remarked that it was like their vintage commercial showing the champagne fountain getting poured in the car's back seat-if anyone is old enough to recall those days.

I was ratter shocked when I got the car, downsized from a suburban...the thing is huge and not much differance

2manymustangs
08-14-2017, 07:25 PM
IF the EDGE you bought was a maroon/dark red AVIS ( in PHX) rental, dump it as soon as you can... Eason and I tore that thing up last OCT at the Enduro... :)

Kidding, I have had two as rentals and liked them a lot... I would buy one...

I didn't care for the new Taurus that I had in Long Beach, it seemed difficult for me to get in/out of...

2FORCEFULL
08-14-2017, 08:20 PM
IF the EDGE you bought was a maroon/dark red AVIS ( in PHX) rental, dump it as soon as you can... Eason and I tore that thing up last OCT at the Enduro... :)

Kidding, I have had two as rentals and liked them a lot... I would buy one...

I didn't care for the new Taurus that I had in Long Beach, it seemed difficult for me to get in/out of...

wife likes it so the battle is done...nice driving cheep car,,,winner..