PDA

View Full Version : More hallett 270 wtf woes...!!!

2FORCEFULL
08-12-2017, 07:39 AM
To start out, I don't wtf i'm looking at , or what is right or wrong...but i'm gonna find out....this just doesn't make sense to me...

so, as I'm getting this boat fine tuned for the new owner..I checked this....alignment of the drives....seems simple enough....right???

well I guess if you know what you are looking at...which I don't...but I have to question the build on this boat, and was it ever water tested before handing over to the new owner....I think not, or because it is the only one....good enough was the deal...sure it was fine when I got it, but something, or a multitude of things...just don't seem right...so as my trec to perfect, or close , is getting there,...I'm at the end ...boat is getting to be Badd ass for what it is..kinda like a hot rod Suburban or motorhome....is it fast.... not by a long shot....but for what it is, she performs very well..

the next thing I wanna do is, drive alignment...again... I don't know so please post what you think , and better yet, what you know...

my drives are toed out 1/4''.... I just don't think that's right...???? and why??? using car as a reference...you wanna be toed in.....but again... what is the go to reference point...as in always start at ????

and like the prop spin deal...toe in , toe out , or straight as possible...

what would be nice is to hear for actual boat riggers that deal with this, or those in the know

jordy
08-12-2017, 01:22 PM
First off, I don't see any adjustment to be had in that tie bar setup.

Secondly, my understanding is that it depends on which way you're spinning the wheels. If your props swing out, toe out. If they swing in, toe in. The amount of toe is usually about an 1/8". The idea is to have them become parallel when under load. If you're sitting on 1/4" I don't think I'd reinvent the wheel at this point.

2FORCEFULL
08-12-2017, 03:01 PM
First off, I don't see any adjustment to be had in that tie bar setup.

Secondly, my understanding is that it depends on which way you're spinning the wheels. If your props swing out, toe out. If they swing in, toe in. The amount of toe is usually about an 1/8". The idea is to have them become parallel when under load. If you're sitting on 1/4" I don't think I'd reinvent the wheel at this point.

my props spin in