PDA

View Full Version : boating facts by 2FF

2FORCEFULL
08-03-2017, 01:43 PM
fact....
I you wanna go fast...you get a flat bottom boat...period...

if you don't have the balls, you get a cat,,,,,
if you want that luxury cruise... you get a v bottom....

you will never see a guy doing 200 plus mph in a flat bottom talking on head phones asking the guy next to him to get him another beer...:biggrin:

but, if you wanna out run all the pontoons and jet skis.. you get a 100 mph cat.... and ask the guy on the head phones to get you another beer as you use all the other boats as pylons...:stir::stir::stir:

if you wanna sleep in the boat, and be able to cruise to catalina get a V bottom...

now, sure you can do all the above in what ever boat you want.... just a little direction to save money and time...

if you want crabs in your boat.... go to the channel.... if you wanna eat the crabs... go to alaska

2manymustangs
08-03-2017, 05:12 PM
fact....
I you wanna go fast...you get a flat bottom boat...period...

if you don't have the balls, you get a cat,,,,,
if you want that luxury cruise... you get a v bottom....

you will never see a guy doing 200 plus mph in a flat bottom talking on head phones asking the guy next to him to get him another beer...:biggrin:

but, if you wanna out run all the pontoons and jet skis.. you get a 100 mph cat.... and ask the guy on the head phones to get you another beer as you use all the other boats as pylons...:stir::stir::stir:

if you wanna sleep in the boat, and be able to cruise to catalina get a V bottom...

now, sure you can do all the above in what ever boat you want.... just a little direction to save money and time...

if you want crabs in your boat go to the channel if you wanna eat the crabs... go to alaska

:grad:

2FORCEFULL
08-04-2017, 04:38 AM
I like how fast people learn here....cool..

jordy
08-05-2017, 03:55 PM
That is a whole bunch of science in one spot! :wink_002:

HB Vic
08-05-2017, 06:56 PM
I actually have an intercom set. its still in boxes, brand new. Been sitting there for at least 4yrs. Probably antiquated now.

But I don't need an intercom to ask for a water, because I don't drink beer in my boat while its moving. In fact, its pretty damn hard to drink anything in my boat when you're doing 65+. At 85, fagetttabouuuuit

jordy
08-05-2017, 09:45 PM
I actually have an intercom set. its still in boxes, brand new. Been sitting there for at least 4yrs. Probably antiquated now.

I had them for my Spectre and used them a few times. Playing in the salt, they were nice because they'd keep your ears warm. During Desert Storm, they were great for spotters on the boat before the flag dropped. I had no canopies and opted for goggles because at 90 mph, sunglasses were not much help, and somewhere in that area the headsets wanted to take flight as well. Canopy boats are great in the front seats and behind the front seats. The middle of the backseat is brutal at 165 mph.

2FORCEFULL
08-07-2017, 06:08 AM
I had them for my Spectre and used them a few times. Playing in the salt, they were nice because they'd keep your ears warm. During Desert Storm, they were great for spotters on the boat before the flag dropped. I had no canopies and opted for goggles because at 90 mph, sunglasses were not much help, and somewhere in that area the headsets wanted to take flight as well. Canopy boats are great in the front seats and behind the front seats. The middle of the backseat is brutal at 165 mph.

I had them in our force, pain in the ass is what I remember..don't now anything about what happens at 165....